Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
unclearlies wrote:
Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

You just couldn't resist it could you?

NOPE Laughing

crusso
Sea Post King

With their new album on the cusp of being released, I think it would be a terrible decision to steal those songs if you haven't already heard them. Honestly, anyone who's heard them will already have a pre-conceived idea of how the new stuff is going to sound (since it's likely that some of those songs will make it to the album) and whether they like it or not, it will spoil the new CD to at least some degree.

I took a quick scan at the song names and then immediately wished I hadn't. Fortunately I didn't study it so I only remember a couple of them. This new album is going to be awesome. I'd like to think a release date is going to be coming very soon.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

bottom line....they were stolen from the band.
Put yourself in their place.
How would you feel if your scrap art, stuff that was never meant for anyone to see or hear, got stolen and everyone was critiquing it?

They are no different. They just can't do anything about it.
juan
Lost at Forum

I've only heard the new 'live' ones not heard any of these stolen ones but really can't wait to hear the new album - legally I might add!

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I personally think all of the demos, even the short ones, are brilliant. And even though the band doesn't want us to have them, I'm glad I do, because it's interesting to hear the creative process they go through to write songs. A short little clip that they're just fooling around with can turn into an amazing 3+ minute song. I've never gotten to hear a song before it became an actual song, if that makes sense. It'll be cool to hear all the changes they've gone through... like the verse change in ICBTFY that we heard on that SXSW video.

And to the people who critique these demos negatively, I'd like to see them create what they think are demos that are "worth it"... just 2 minute clips in their spare time, and then post them on the internet for others to critique them.

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

kim,

i've heard the story before. but i didn't know this had to do with that. i would never never steal anything from the band, nor would probably everyone here. i love 'em.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
kim,

i've heard the story before. but i didn't know this had to do with that. i would never never steal anything from the band, nor would probably everyone here. i love 'em.

They give 10X more access than anyone else out there (touring bands, on a major label) which to me makes this theft of their material by a friend all the more astounding. The real question is why? To gain geeky cred with the community of fans? I just don't get it.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

unclearlies wrote:
Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

drink down that gin and kerosene
come spit off bridges with me!

Oh wait... I'm the only one that likes Fall Out Boy.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

yeah...no worries.
They're over it, but you still always feel weird about having things like this stolen.
but....what cha gonna do?
norad
Vintage Newbie

They could always try to be more careful. There must be something they aren't doing to protect themselves.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
They could always try to be more careful. There must be something they aren't doing to protect themselves.

Password protecting everything on their computers would help. Well, unless it was taken off an ipod or something. I don't know the specifics.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Well, it's not like they put them online ... What really would have helped is if someone who they trusted wasn't a complete scumbag.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Did they just leave their computer in the hands of this friend? "Hey, you can be on my computer while I go over here and not pay attention". I think it would be really hard for anyone to do that if it's how I think it may have happened. Unless they maybe let him have a copy? Which is also irresponsible and their fault if so.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Well, I think that's pretty weak.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dannychair
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Did they just leave their computer in the hands of this friend? "Hey, you can be on my computer while I go over here and not pay attention". I think it would be really hard for anyone to do that if it's how I think it may have happened. Unless they maybe let him have a copy? Which is also irresponsible and their fault if so.

Maybe it's partially their fault but it still sucks all the same.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>