Laughing City
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

My ticket says 7:00. What time should we arrive at the woodlands Pavilion to see Eisley? Would planning to arrive at 7:00 be a good idea? Or would earlier be better? The last radiohead show was the only time i have been to this venu. Well, i remember there was a long line waiting to park. And the walk to the Pavilion was long too. The lights went out right as i found my seat. Missing Eisley's show would be really horrible to experience.
plentypine
Sea Post King

Though I've never been, I would say go earlier, only cause 'better safe than sorry'.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Get there plenty early. The traffic and crowds can be very unpredictable.

I-45 is a nightmare... and we're talking Friday afternoon/evening traffic.

I think shows tend to get started on time at The Woodlands. From what I understand, they have a curfew for concerts. I rarely go to see the opening acts so I don't really remember.

But like I said... arrive in town early. You'll get to a parking spot faster... and it'll be closer to the venue.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fredy
Sea Post King

I know that I will be leaving at 5pm or earlier just because I know that people are probably still trying to get home from work. I live close to downtown Houston and according to google it will take me about 45 minutes to get there.
wersindwir
Sea Post King

Yeah, the traffic will most likely be horrible on 45 if you're heading north to the Woodlands.
But, if you do end up getting there early, Border's & Starbucks are both right accross the street.
Joined: 06 Apr 2006 | Posts: 87 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

wersindwir wrote:
Yeah, the traffic will most likely be horrible on 45 if you're heading north to the Woodlands.
But, if you do end up getting there early, Border's & Starbucks are both right accross the street.

That's very good information. Is the street crossable on foot?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wersindwir
Sea Post King

Yep.
Right across the street from Cynthia Woods is "Market Street" which is just alot of stores and restraunts and a grassy area. It's very easy to get around there on foot.
Joined: 06 Apr 2006 | Posts: 87 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

wersindwir wrote:
Yep.
Right across the street from Cynthia Woods is "Market Street" which is just alot of stores and restraunts and a grassy area. It's very easy to get around there on foot.

Sweet, I say we have a forum meeting at Starbucks well before doors. Beat the traffic or whatever.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
wersindwir wrote:

That's very good information. Is the street crossable on foot?

As far as I remember... there should be little problem. I believe it's near the Woodlands Mall (according to the Borders website) which is very close to the venue. There are lots of crosswalks and there will be police directing traffic (and pedestrians) as you get closer to show time.

A few times in the past I've hung out at the mall to kill some time. However, you probably don't want to stay parked at the mall for the show because there is a risk of towing (I don't know how significant that risk is though).

Luckily, pavilion parking is free and paths to the pavilion are well identified (there will be plenty of staff and police around too). Lots open about 90 minutes before the show.

Here's the venue and the mall. They're about 1/2 mile apart.

Here's the venue and the parking lots.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Thank you all. Smile (special thanks to Rob for helping with lots of important info and maps.)
Last edited by Unregistered on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
mykatjim
Sea Post King

be aware that the trek from the parking lot to the venue can take a few minutes. not like an hour but i do recall having to walk for maybe 10 minutes the last time i was there.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

mykatjim wrote:
be aware that the trek from the parking lot to the venue can take a few minutes. not like an hour but i do recall having to walk for maybe 10 minutes the last time i was there.

Any chance you could make it to a meetup?

crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

dude. this show is gonna be chalk full of boardies. sweet.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
dude. this show is gonna be chalk full of boardies. sweet.

YESS.

mykatjim
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
mykatjim wrote:

Any chance you could make it to a meetup?

aww sorry. i'm only going to the dallas show. is there a dallas meetup scheduled? i'll try and make it there if there is one!
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas