Laughing City
Adam the Human
Sea Post King

As the girls grow older I think it will very interesting to see how their lyrics change--and IF they change much. Even though very creative adult minds can certainly appreciate lyrics about snowflake villages and people made with gumdrops, I really look forward to an Eisley song about a subject that is overtly mature. Not because I don't like their style (obviously I do or else I wouldn't have been a fan for all these years) but just to see how they would handle such a topic lyrically. Though I probably won't have to worry about such a song appearing on an Eisley album for at least a few years...

By the by, I've been on this forum for about 3 years, have been a fan for maybe 4, have not posted for about 2 years... (as far as anyone knows...) and am very disappointed in a certain moderator's lack of a sense of humor re a very recent post...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! It took me a long time to compose that message and if more people had the kind of creativity which you have chosen to supress, there would perhaps be more bands like Eisley...yet you choose to keep this valid display of artistry hidden from the forum because it does not conform to YOUR notion of humor/creativity...the very mindset that keeps bands like Eisley from achieving the next level of success that they so greatly deserve.

::gets off of soapbox::
Russell
Golly, Poster

I haven't seen the post of what you're going on about but I can't see how a Moderator on this board is going to stop there being more bands like eisley.
Adam the Human
Sea Post King

Ya let's just focus on the first part of my post, please...the second part was just meant for a specific person, whose identity, unfortunately, I don't know.

So...any thoughts on Eisley lyrics changing as they grow into adulthood? Anyone??
Russell
Golly, Poster

They will obviously mature as they grow older and experience new things in their lives. I don't think I can personally predict how they're going to change though. Maybe they'll become protest singers.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

erm.. wasn't 'blackened crown' about rape or something?
Adam the Human
Sea Post King

I hope not...I can't imagine little 10 year old Stacy singing about rape...

By the way, for the record (no pun intended), had Blackened Crown been on Room Noises, it would have been one of the top 2 most alt-rock/mainstream-friendly/buzz-worthy songs on the album, along with I Wasn't Prepared. I think someone dropped the ball on this one...if I Wasn't Prepared had a reasonably good video (which it didn't) and a reasonably intelligent label (which apparently it doesn't), then right now we'd be talking about what time the Eisley edition of Loaded will be on FUSE, instead of having to endure Avril Lavigne's "How to Sell-Out in Music Without Really Trying"-athon.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Adam the Human wrote:

By the way, for the record (no pun intended), had Blackened Crown been on Room Noises, it would have been one of the top 2 most alt-rock/mainstream-friendly/buzz-worthy songs on the album, along with I Wasn't Prepared. I think someone dropped the ball on this one...if I Wasn't Prepared had a reasonably good video (which it didn't) and a reasonably intelligent label (which apparently it doesn't), then right now we'd be talking about what time the Eisley edition of Loaded will be on FUSE, instead of having to endure Avril Lavigne's "How to Sell-Out in Music Without Really Trying"-athon.

Harsh, but heartbreakingly true.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Adam the Human wrote:

Was your response to Blackened Crown or what he said about music videos?

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Adam the Human wrote:

Was your response to Blackened Crown or what he said about music videos?

The second part.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Russell
Golly, Poster

Personally I don't think a visuals make a band on the mainstream. Admittedly, a video will have a big part in it, but I don't think it's make or break.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Adam the Human wrote:
As the girls grow older I think it will very interesting to see how their lyrics change--and IF they change much. Even though very creative adult minds can certainly appreciate lyrics about snowflake villages and people made with gumdrops, I really look forward to an Eisley song about a subject that is overtly mature. Not because I don't like their style (obviously I do or else I wouldn't have been a fan for all these years) but just to see how they would handle such a topic lyrically. Though I probably won't have to worry about such a song appearing on an Eisley album for at least a few years...

Actually it seems like you may not have to wait that long. Maybe its just me, but besides the aliens, I'm not sensing too many "fanciful" songs (yet). I'm just going from the few that we've heard.

I have a feeling they will still have an interesting way of wording common feelings and situations (like JLWD, Vintage People). Who knows though, I guess we will all see soon enough!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Or they could have dropped a million bucks on payola, promotion and other (normal) radio push stuff on the song, only to have it ignored for some American Idol reject. That would have been nice ... Good songs get tossed at the radio all the time, only to die with a whimper.

I think it was far more marketable than it had a chance to be, but the past is the past. I'm kind of bored with this constant Room Noises talk when there's a new album so close. That's just me personally, though ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
Or they could have dropped a million bucks on payola, promotion and other (normal) radio push stuff on the song, only to have it ignored for some American Idol reject. That would have been nice ... Good songs get tossed at the radio all the time, only to die with a whimper.

I think it was far more marketable than it had a chance to be, but the past is the past. I'm kind of bored with this constant Room Noises talk when there's a new album so close. That's just me personally, though ...

'greed. Very NIce, Very Nice...
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Yes, that's also a possible outcome. I just think it would have been better for Eisley to be ignored by the masses rather than ignored by the marketing department of their label. And I don't see what's wrong with talking about Room Noises at any point in time, regardless of how close a new album is.

Smokemonster
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

And I don't see what's wrong with my opinion that it's silly to beat a dead horse. It's not like people can't post about it just because I said it was silly.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers