62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Don't
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

I still am attending school, am a minor, live with my parents, all that.
In an overzealous attempt to shorten my bangs (I have angle bangs, by the way) I absolutely butchered them. I figured out a way to hold them up with a clip, but one part is still a good inch above my eyebrow if they're down. I'm not sure if my parents will notice or not, but they're already mad at me and I'm not sure how they'll react. It's been a bout a day, but I'm nervous as hell that my mother will notice. (she can get kind of frantic at times) Should I tell them or not? [/b]
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

why would your mom care what you do to your bangs?

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

id tell her. it cant be that bad. i did something similiar to that once, and my mom just laughed. its only hair. it grows back, so she cant get too mad about it. and maybe shell get over what ever else she was mad about. but wether you tell her or not, shes going to notice eventually. you might as well be honest and upfront about it, because if you try to hide it from her you might be making it even worse. odds are she wont even get as mad as you think she will.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

hisownshot wrote:

Good Question. But she gets really mad when I dress myself in something she doesn't like.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

vintage_snowflake wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Good Question. But she gets really mad when I dress myself in something she doesn't like.

Maybe you could dress yourself in something she loves and then tell her about the bangs.

Vintage Newbie

id tell her, rather than being nervous around her all the time. it's just bangs so she cant go that psycho, can she?
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Unless you're wearing halter tops and miniskirts to make her object to what you're wearing, I don't see how she has any right to be mad about your clothing choices or your hair choices. My Mom once got really irritated with me for wearing dark-colored tights with white slingbacks before Easter; I haven't a clue what brought out the sudden anger over my outfit, but it wasn't my problem that it bothered her so much. Even if she gave me flack for it and tried to make it my problem, it wasn't. It's her problem for being so distraught over something so insignificant. You can tell her or not about your bangs - she shouldn't worry about them in the first place.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
Unless you're wearing halter tops and miniskirts to make her object to what you're wearing, I don't see how she has any right to be mad about your clothing choices or your hair choices. My Mom once got really irritated with me for wearing dark-colored tights with white slingbacks before Easter; I haven't a clue what brought out the sudden anger over my outfit, but it wasn't my problem that it bothered her so much. Even if she gave me flack for it and tried to make it my problem, it wasn't. It's her problem for being so distraught over something so insignificant. You can tell her or not about your bangs - she shouldn't worry about them in the first place.

Probably because you're supposed to be all happy around that time for some reason and dark clothes = emo.

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

guitarfreak217 wrote:
EisleyForever wrote:

Probably because you're supposed to be all happy around that time for some reason and dark clothes = emo.

By "that time", are you talking about menstruation, or two months ago when this "navy blue emo tights incident" actually happened? Well...same difference. Wink

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
guitarfreak217 wrote:
EisleyForever wrote:

By "that time", are you talking about menstruation, or two months ago when this "navy blue emo tights incident" actually happened? Well...same difference. Wink

eeeeeeeeeeewwwww........

leighish
Vintage Newbie

haha, you're the one who's gotta walk around with the screwed up bangs, not her. if she flips out over that then she must really have nothing wrong in her life.

[/is slightly fussy]

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
giovanna
Lost at Forum

vintage_snowflake wrote:
I still am attending school, am a minor, live with my parents, all that.
In an overzealous attempt to shorten my bangs (I have angle bangs, by the way) I absolutely butchered them. I figured out a way to hold them up with a clip, but one part is still a good inch above my eyebrow if they're down. I'm not sure if my parents will notice or not, but they're already mad at me and I'm not sure how they'll react. It's been a bout a day, but I'm nervous as hell that my mother will notice. (she can get kind of frantic at times) Should I tell them or not? [/b]

i would tell if i were you because they are gonna notice any time soon and it is better to tell them ahead of time rather then them figuring it out and going all kinds of nuts. besides i think that you mom should find this hilarious Very Happy

Protocol Droid

I think she might be more upset about you hiding something ... but I don't think this should be a big deal. I'd hope.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

this thread gives me the oppurtunity to ask a question i thought of when reading To Kill a Mockingbird the other day: what is a "bang"?

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
dannychair
Golly, Poster

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
this thread gives me the oppurtunity to ask a question i thought of when reading To Kill a Mockingbird the other day: what is a "bang"?

I believe you call it "fringe".

goto page
 | next >>