Laughing City
pzy
Wookie Luke

Check it out, NME just announced it along with a few other names Very Happy

http://www.nme.com/news/albert-hammond-jr/28498

Quote:
Returning Canadian art-rockers Hot Hot Heat play Reading on Saturday August 25 and Leeds on Sunday August 25. Plus throughout the day you can catch The Academy Is, Battles, Silversun Pickups, Shiny Toy Guns, Tokyo Police Club, Cobra Starship, Foals, Director, Kids In Glass Houses, Lostalone, Eisley and Pete and the Pirates.

Catey
Lost at Forum

Ohh I was just about to post!

It's a proper good lineup this year and I have no ticket which is so annoying. The Academy Is... are playing the same day as Eisley and I don't half adore them!
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
DanDeg
Sea Post King

I cant wait Very Happy, I wonder if they'll do any shows around these 2 festival appearances?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Nice!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
juan
Lost at Forum

I can live in hope that the fact that they'd have already played reading would allow them to stay up north and play a club gig. Gutted, thought of going just for that day to see the shins after selling my tickets to see them in manchester a couple months back. Good to see things are happening in the uk anyway.

Come play newcastle - http://www.theheadofsteam.com/default.aspx?tabid=10252 - this is probably the best venue in newcastle for club gigs.

Or I'd even drive to scotland - http://www.liquidroom.com/about.aspx I remember seeing the futureheads a few year back here before they released their debut album, bout 50 people turned up but they still put on a blinding set.

We need petition for all northern eisley people to be catered for on eisley's forthcoming whistle stop jaunt across the pond!

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

That's all very well and good, and I'm happy for my mate Lou (and, for that matter, Flick) who's going down, and doesn't really know of Eisley but from me.

Non the less, four words:

T IN THE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

or two more:

INDIAN SUMMMMMMMMMER!

(please?)

Edit:

Juan...

Liquid Room is immense when it's packed, but crap when it's empty. Get less than half capacity and it's rubbish. End of. Can't believe Futureheads still made it blindin', though! A band like that (incidentally, was had a proper good listen to them yesterday!).

I've imagined Eisley at Cabaret Voltaire many times before. It's perfect for them. Deliciously so. I've seen many artists there, ranging from... (off the top of my head):
The heights
Tilly
Duke Special (three times)
Thomas Truax (twice, excluding supporting mr Duke Special)
The Research
The Maccabees
Amy MacDonald
Edinburgh Schools battle of the bands semi-final (so basically alot of under-18 emo bands...)
Pigees
ROSIE THOMAS! OH MY GOODNESS YES! that was awesome.
The Envy Corps

There are probably many others.

Basically, Cab Vol is awesome.

(Regina, too).
The thing is, it's a volt; a cave. Intimate when it's quiet and empty - 'cause you're all forced to go near the front and squeeze toghether - but awesome when it's packed. Max capacity 230ish plus (i remember that from Gemma Hayes... my mate and i were on el door, and one worker there was like "yeah... we oversold tickets... and that figure is minus the guestlist...").
I have heard no-one diss the Cab Vol.
http://www.thecabaretvoltaire.com/

If you want to go cheap though, there is subway. Don't, though. That's just crappy allround.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
juan
Lost at Forum

Boyd - you hear the man - get on to this. we NEED a gig in the north that isn't the Leeds festival, since everyone always bypasses newcastle, my/our only hope is a gig in the foreign land of scotland. Edinburgh is exactly or approximately 125 miles from my home, 1 and a half hours by car, much quicker by train and a gig there would have me there in a flash. Could this ahppen? This club that the mad man mentions sounds like a blast and we (I speak for all northerners) wish to have a gig there!

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Laughing

not only one in Scotland.

But in EDINBURGH!

I HEREBY DEMAND THAT EISLEY PLAYS EDINBURGH BEFORE GLASGOW.
Glasgow's got many venues which I could list... which i will, because why not... but no-one comes to Edinburgh.
Fact: i've gone to Glasgow twice when I could've seen the band in Edinburgh... but i couldn't. oops. haha.

King Tuts

ABC. I've been there thrice: Futureheads, Po' girl, and Midlake. ABC 2 would be better size-wise. Po'Girl was beautiful there. size: 350.

Nice n' Sleazy
Nice. and sleazy. Good venue. been there twice (Vincent Vincent and the Villains... and Mute Math). does what it says on the tin. Intimate when quiet, i imagine... Oh, and Mute Math played their first ever European gig there. Rock on! (for once in my life, i can say "I was there!")

Capitol. No idea on size. Bigger than Cab Vol... and just as upmarket. Lovely! (no website that I can find)

Barfly. haha. Yeah... That's a bit sleazy. I'd fear for everyone's safety in that part of town. S*** when it's really low on numbers. (saw Cord. I was the mad fool dancing, on his own, in the middle, when everyone else - all five of them - was at the bar. I never imagined i would ever be that guy...). http://www.barflyclub.com/glasgow/whatson/WhatsOn.aspx

failing them... There's tons of bars. Non of which i've been to.

One in Edinburgh is Whistlebinkies. That's a music bar... i've been there once. But it's a gud'un. http://www.whistlebinkies.com/

Those are all places which I think Eisley could play in, given their following over here. Anywhere else would probably be too big. Unless they've exploded without me noticing...

(wow. hehe. i spent a bit of time on that)

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!
juan
Lost at Forum

ignore the venues in glasgow. get on the blower to a venue in edinburgh. I would love to see a gig in newcastle but as I said previously, I don't expect a gig in newcastle unless they are either supporting someone, or suddenly became an overnight sensation and WB wanted a full blown headline tour, this, I doubt will happen in August.

Boyd - you can make an Edinburgh gig happen, you have super human powers and I truely beleive that you could make this work - try it, it would make people happy! Use your mountain goat powers and weild the katana to persuade anyone and everyone to make his happen!

Failing all that, on the Sunday after Leeds festival, drive 70 mile up the motorway in a northerly direction and play in my back garden. I will charge no fee and will provide food and drinks! You provide he music, I'll provide the crowd! Jelly (you call it jello or something equally as gay) and ice cream all round! Its a done deal.

Catey
Lost at Forum

I'm al for other towns in England but London is my main thing. It's the main place for gigs [me personally but for a lot of others I assume too]

But if the band would really want to push it out, they could eaaasily come to Southend in Essex and play a tiny 300 person venue called Chinnerys.

Bands like uh Razorlight and Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. er..and Patrick Wolf have all played there.

But thats really pushing the boat out, to the seaside!
juan
Lost at Forum

Catey wrote:
I'm al for other towns in England but London is my main thing. It's the main place for gigs [me personally but for a lot of others I assume too]

But if the band would really want to push it out, they could eaaasily come to Southend in Essex and play a tiny 300 person venue called Chinnerys.

Bands like uh Razorlight and Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. er..and Patrick Wolf have all played there.

But thats really pushing the boat out, to the seaside!

Sorry Cockneys don't count on our mission to get a northern gig Razz We deem it damaging to our cause! Now be quite and accept that Boyd has already said there'll be a London gig! Laughing

Catey
Lost at Forum

Ahaha I'm sorry! I want moreee than one London gig..two to make it even but that is boardin on greedy.
juan
Lost at Forum

Catey wrote:
Ahaha I'm sorry! I want moreee than one London gig..two to make it even but that is boardin on greedy.

boardin on greedy? I say way way too damn tootin greedy! think of me - Newcastle, not gonna happen, my only hope is a short travel somewhere or my back garden. 'The gig in the garden' has even less chance of happening than a gig in newcastle, so my chances look low, whereas you hances are nailed on. And mad sam has an even greater travel if they dont come north, so when they anounce 5 gigs darn sarf think of us poor northern kids with only our Cominations albums to listen to as a substitute for live gig!

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

juan wrote:
And mad sam has an even greater travel if they dont come north, so when they anounce 5 gigs darn sarf think of us poor northern kids with only our Cominations albums to listen to as a substitute for live gig!

that's true, that's true.

I have done Oxford... for a gig.

Down on the Monday, gig at the Zodiac, back on tuesday, work on wednesday. The ticket cost about £6... everything else cost me about £80.

Juan! What say we go down for one of the gigs in londinium!

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!
Catey
Lost at Forum

juan wrote:
Catey wrote:

boardin on greedy? I say way way too damn tootin greedy! think of me - Newcastle, not gonna happen, my only hope is a short travel somewhere or my back garden. 'The gig in the garden' has even less chance of happening than a gig in newcastle, so my chances look low, whereas you hances are nailed on. And mad sam has an even greater travel if they dont come north, so when they anounce 5 gigs darn sarf think of us poor northern kids with only our Cominations albums to listen to as a substitute for live gig!

I'm sorry! If I had talent and was in a good band I'd always go to Newcastle. I like the accent a lot more than the South one.

I say that Boyd should let the band do a London show and then head on up North because you seem to be getting less action up there than the South.