Laughing City
AGame0564
Golly, Poster

The ones in Tower Records in Glendale, CA seemed fine.

Best
Anthony

Does it really matter whether I put the toilet seat down or not?
Joined: 12 Nov 2003 | Posts: 851 | Location: L.A. but Chicago will always be my home
Last edited by AGame0564 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
amie darlin
Sea Post King

hmm ill keep my eye on plan 9 since i basically live there, but they only had one copy of marvelous things, and i was the one who had that on hold, but my copy was fine.
markr
Lost at Forum

welp i only went to one store here in memphis a place called turtles and i grabbed the first copy i saw and it looks ok to me
Houch
Sea Post King

Boyd, I think that school is called Fullsail. It would be cooler were it to be Fuel Cell - and the replaced all of their student's blood cells with fuel cells. Maybe they do. One-year of enrollment there costs so much that you could just use the funds to build your own space station. Why not fuel cells? But I bet you guys are paying him with one of those gold-plated Bentley's WB gave you for a record advance after they stole it from a 50 Cent video shoot.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Hastings in Lake Jackson, TX (link) has three copies of Marvelous Things. I'm sorry to say that all three are messed up in the manner you have described.

If it makes you feel any better (and I know it won't)... they had a one of those dividers that said Eisley on it (as well as two Laughing City EPs). I consider it a big deal when a band gets their own divider.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

All is well in Dallas/Plano, Boyd....thanks for asking.

Unit 91 is a reference to the movie "Super Troopers". Don't know if you've ever heard of it. It's just something stupid my friends and I call each other.

I wait tables and will most likely be working New Years Eve. Sad But if you all go on at midnight..... Very Happy

ptah
Sea Post King

I'll check my local Dallas haunts, Boyd. You've covered Tower and Virgin, I'll check out the indie stores...
sorry to hear about the printing mess up (the copy Kyle got me at your Dallas show looks great!, and sounds great too!!), but collectors might snatch these up.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

dang. I knew it. It's random. They're all over the US. It's really bad...but at least you guys know it and what to look for. Think of those poor people who just buy it and it blows chunks but they just think it's supposed to look horrible. This is an art director's worst nightmare.

I just hope WB is proactive and fixes the problem quick. I'll have to do an eblast on this...once they figure out how they're going to handle it.

Please make sure you get a good one. You should be able to make the store take the product back and get a good one...at least I would think so. More info later. bd

ps. ahh, not full cell. yes. hey. there's a college called Bellmont in Nashville trying to get Eisley to play there. They do music and film and stuff too.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Shain
Vintage Newbie

My copy is fine, but I am a collector and I will try and get my hands on a misprint.

Then in 20 years it willbe the rockin.

Sea Post King

I'm in full support of what we can call the "Eisley at Belmont Aural Extravaganza" in Nashville. Us residents of the Mid-South have been deprived of the live Eisley for many moons.

Palmer
truckpoetry
Golly, Poster

Hmmm- if you timed it right, I might be in Nashville rather than Dallas at that time - sometime early next year - which might make up for my sad missing of the NYE trees show here in Dallas (alas, I shall be in Waco).

cameron

If you are IN a band, visit http://www.bandmecca.com/ to sell indie music merch, etc.
If you are THAT bored, visit http://www.truckpoetry.net/
OK, and now I've got http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=truckpoetry

-- "If you all can return to Venus, are you going back?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brady
Sea Post King

Yeah, play at Belmont!!! Very Happy There our "rivals" (sort of) but I'll be there!
Joined: 26 Aug 2003 | Posts: 193 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN
joseph
Lost at Forum

Hey Boyd, here are some scans of the MT Ep I purchased. Hope this helps.

here's the other one, with a lesser output resolution.

**the turtle stamp of approval**

www.soulstrum.com
DanielsonFan
Sea Post King

I'm kinda behind...I just bought mine from best buy here in tyler. Lemmie tell ya, they were stocked to the brim-there were at least 30 copies of marvy things so they had their own "column" there of just eisley. Although intimidated by the large number of cd's, I felt obligated to check for a defective one. So I skimmed over them and all seemed good so I checked out and friggin' left.
I concluded that either they were just lucky enough to not have any, or boyd had already investigated the stash and brought the dirty discs to justice.

ps. mine was $4.99 and my friend said she'd bought her's at hastings and it was like $5.99 or $6.99

"I feel guilty when people say I'm the greatest guitarist on the scene....What's good or bad doesn't matter to me; what does matter is feeling and not feeling.....You've got to know much more than just the technicalities of notes; you've got to know what goes between the notes." --Jimi

www.xanga.com/danielsonfan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hasting's jacks up the prices.

At least the red layer was off, and not the black one. Man, that's when it gets funky ... Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address