Laughing City
todd!
Sea Post King

i was just going to post about this when i noticed the threads already been started, hah. i preordered my copy through amazon.com and got the funky off register one. its all good though cuz the music contained within the package was fantastic Smile but yeah, looks like amazon got a batch of the messed up prints.
-todd!

www.myspace.com/seamonstersongs
sing songs and song sings!
Joined: 15 Nov 2003 | Posts: 105 | Location: virginia beach, virginia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

Mine's a little blurry on the inside, but the front/back cover is crystal clear. I got mine at the Virgin Records in Grapevine (by DFW Airport) and all of their seven or so copies appeared to be fine.

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Borders in lewisville didn't even have theirs in yet..or maybe they were being greedy and had pretended to not have gotten them yet, but they were really giving all the copies to the employees and having an eisley party every day...
princessx
Sea Post King

My mom just came home with a copy from Sam Goody. It's one if the messed up ones. My order from Barnes and Noble is not in yet, and they said it would take longer than expected. I'm gonna have two copies of Marvelous Things.

Anybody want one?

bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

princessx wrote:
My mom just came home with a copy from Sam Goody. It's one if the messed up ones. My order from Barnes and Noble is not in yet, and they said it would take longer than expected. I'm gonna have two copies of Marvelous Things.

Anybody want one?

I still haven't been able to get a copy, as I haven't gotten to go to the store in the past few days, so I'll buy your second one. Just PM or email me. Smile
pvt.tucker.blue
Lost at Forum

I went to Best Buy in Newport News today, they had three copies of "Marvy Things"... All three of them were fine!
I bought two, as presents (I bought mine at the beerslingin' show!) and someone picked up the third copy while I was shoppin aruond...

I love my forum Mom
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1310 | Location: VA, but I don't throw beer at the stage
boyd
Eisleyoid

yeah...Best Buy in Tyler had like 6 Eisley tabs - all chocked full. Hasting has the bogus copies. FYE probably has the disc by now...they wanted Eisley to do a mall show...but it never happened. They're big fans... wutever.

I'm going to go back to Hastings to buy a few bogocopies for retirement. (just kidding...I'll never retire)

I'm still waiting to talk to WB tomorrow (A&R said they'd call) about the problem and what will be done. I hate it that some of you have screwed up copies. I SO hate it. I honestly think they should recall them and you should be able to trade them back in for good ones. But I'll find out soon.

bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
brady swan
Sea Post King

i am keeping my mest up copies as collectors items.
pat kauchick
Sea Post King

I just came from Borders at Vista Ridge. Of 20 or so eps only 6 were clean copies. The rest are defective to varying degrees. Minimal on front cover but pronounced on back cover. Front has a little of red border on lettering. Back has double image eisley.com,repriserecords.com.The Reprise logo on back lower cover has red mirroring.Get 'em while you can.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Isnt' it really the magenta layer?

Sorry, nerd moment.

*kicks self*

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Isnt' it really the magenta layer?

Sorry, nerd moment.

*kicks self*

*kicks TheAntrider for revealing nerd moment*

Wink
Daniel Kraft
Sea Post King

You know I think it sad that the printing of such a masterful work of art should be marred by the printer's lack of attention, (I feel for Boyd...I would be mucho ticked.) but the thought of having one is now causing me to want to run out into the night with a lantern and search the highways for a messed up copy to collect. This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise....
hmmm...."now selling on ebay...messed up copies of Marvelous Things"...bid starts at $5,000".... Although I weep for the people who unknowingly pick one of them up and think Boyd designed it that way or something... Well...this is definitely the kind of thing that makes for good stories later when you look back. Kind of like the equipment trailer breaking and falling off.

My Xangaaaaa...(Ricardo Mantaban)
http://www.xanga.com/Danelectro
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 193 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Daniel Kraft
Sea Post King

ps. my copy is fine. It's as smooth as a baby's bottom! It give's me wings.
It's everywhere I want to be....If it were a President it would be Dwight D. Eisleyhower! It's spectacular...it's in there man...but it's out there....it's doggie doggie doo!!!!

ptah
Sea Post King

ok, in Dallas at Good Records they had 5 or 6 copies of MT. One had slight off set type on the back cover, and only in the white type. The others were fine.
At CD World (Greenville@Mockingbird) they had many copies of MT. Again, I only found a few with slightly off set white type on the back cover. Just enough to make it hard to read, but that's all.
Kudos to CD World for displaying the cd in THREE different areas of the store (the new releases area, the indie section, and at the front counter)...very cool.

that is all-

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
Daniel Kraft
Sea Post King

I have a friend in Omaha, Nebraska who said...
"Boyd's artwork looks fine on all pressings of the Eisley EP I could find here in Omaha. (Well maybe a twee bit bleary, but you can't always get crisp lines on cardboard.)"