Laughing City
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

rockettocome wrote:
thebrightestfirefly wrote:
i might be in montreal but if not than im definetly going. woop woop which means id have to leave brooklyn and go to manhattan. which i dont like doing. but it would be worth it.

youre from brooklyn???
me too!!!

get out of town! haha really?

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Oh, get a borough, you two.
I'm too jealous of your locationz to bear it anymore!

thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

EisleyForever wrote:
Oh, get a borough, you two.
I'm too jealous of your locationz to bear it anymore!

oh teddy you little harlot, youll be here soon enough Wink

or should i say vincent?
absolutely fabulous

rockettocome
Sea Post King

rockettocome wrote:
i might be in montreal but if not than im definetly going. woop woop which means id have to leave brooklyn and go to manhattan. which i dont like doing. but it would be worth it.

youre from brooklyn???
me too!!!

get out of town! haha really?

haha yeah. the dyker heights/bensonhurst area. im really suprised. the only other person i know from brooklyn who has an account here, i actually know.

so cool

thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

haza i have a friend who lives somewhat near that area.
im in the williamsburg region. hipster capital of the universe Cool but i love it.

rockettocome
Sea Post King

guys, get your tickets. theyre onsale. when i first tired to get tickets, they told me it was sold out, but when i refreshed, i got two.

http://tickets.publictheater.org/calendar/view.asp?id=3276

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

rockettocome wrote:
guys, get your tickets. theyre onsale. when i first tired to get tickets, they told me it was sold out, but when i refreshed, i got two.

http://tickets.publictheater.org/calendar/view.asp?id=3276

THANK YOUUUUUU.

I seriously had no idea when or how these would be on sale.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Last edited by golly andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yay, I got tickets (which i may need to give away later, but hopefully not... ).

Question: I can probably do this in a PM as time gets closer, but any quick tips/info of the venue or area of NYC?

It's hard trying to convince people to go with me. When people hear NYC they go Shocked Confused and don't want to go anymore... So any tips/info (especially tips that would make it less daunting) would be great. Laughing
rockettocome
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
Yay, I got tickets (which i may need to give away later, but hopefully not... ).

Question: I can probably do this in a PM as time gets closer, but any quick tips/info of the venue or area of NYC?

It's hard trying to convince people to go with me. When people hear NYC they go Shocked Confused and don't want to go anymore... So any tips/info (especially tips that would make it less daunting) would be great. Laughing

NYC is not as bad as people think. its very busy, all the time, even late at night.

I've never been to joe's pub, but the subway stop [broadway layfette] is a pretty busy subway station. I'm always in that area, it's right by soho, where everyone goes to shop. its a great area. and it will be very busy on a monday night. people will be everywhere. its not a place where people get mugged so often and there won't be other stereotypes of nyc

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

My first trip to NYC was pretty crazy, but I didn't really encounter any stereotypes, nor was I mugged. I actually didn't really feel in danger at all, that I can remember. There was that really crazy woman screaming at the people in Burger King, but that was funny. ha.

I saw Eisley at the Bowery Ballroom, and aside from my back giving me grief, it was a great day.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:

I say, slap anyone who carries what I like to call mispreconceived notions of grandeur with them regarding NYC. I've been up and down the place and have never felt in danger of getting robbed, mugged, raped or drugged -- even getting on the subways at night isn't that daunting a task.

Subway navigation - If you have one person in your group who has a good sense of direction, ask them to look at a map of the subway and see if they understand what's going on. If you just look at the map and get a general memory of how the system works, you won't have any problem with getting lost. Of course, you could just go with taxis! I don't know how long you'll be in the city...whenever I go, I'm always using the subway and walking.

molly!
Sea Post King

i'm going to this :] i can't wait.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Thank you everyone for the tips. Smile I'll use some of your strategies/experiences (except maybe slapping someone; I have to see the people after August 20th as well Laughing) but still no luck. Sad If I get to go I'll keep in mind about use of walking/subways/taxis!
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

Does anyone know the venue's photo policy?
The website just says something about flash photography.
I'm really tired of having my camera taken away from me because it's an SLR, and therefore a "professional" camera.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ladiosadice wrote:
Does anyone know the venue's photo policy?
The website just says something about flash photography.
I'm really tired of having my camera taken away from me because it's an SLR, and therefore a "professional" camera.

I usually call ahead to try to find out. Or you can e-mail, too. I've had a couple of venues respond to e-mail. But you need to start days ahead of time, or they may not respond in time. It might help to tell them that Eisley allows all stiill cameras. Usually it's not an issue for Eisley, as long as the venue follows their wishes. (This excludes the evil House of Blues.)

I think it's funny that venues don't allow SLRs, but they allow point and shoots that record sound, video, and are more likely to make the venue look crappy. And it's more likely that people are going to use very annoying flashes with those, too. The most SLRs do is flash. Confused

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address