Laughing City
giant_
Laughing Citizen

Soooo, I just got 4 tickets, one for me, 2 for sisters, and another for a friend. I'm talking more family and friends into coming and I'm sure a few more will.

I wanted to get some sweet photos since I just bought a Canon Rebel but the venue site says they only allow point and shoots... photopass maybe or am I stretching it there? I was going to pm boyd about it and about if the band would be hanging out at the merch table like old days so my sisters could meet them but in the journal he said he got like 100 emails a day so I don't want to be the 101th added to the pile. But maybe I will anyways.

This was sort of a pointless thread considering I'm the only "active" member in New Mexico, but I thought it would be nice in case there are other NM Eislites lurking around the Laughing City excited as I for their return to our highly neglected state. Very Happy
nick

edit :
very short and poor looking clip of Go Away! The audio is pretty decent at least. I wish my camera would take longer than 23 second clips. Oh well. Its something I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QiZk2upO9c

Last edited by giant_ on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

How come I can spell 'sphygmomanometer' and 'uvulopalatopharyngoplasty' (even after being awake for 48 hours [3 hour power nap]), but I can't, for the life of me, spell Albaqurque.. Albequerque.... Albuqurque.... whatever. I give up. I'm just going to call it HotAirBalloons, New Mexico.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
How come I can spell 'sphygmomanometer' and 'uvulopalatopharyngoplasty' (even after being awake for 48 hours [3 hour power nap]), but I can't, for the life of me, spell Albaqurque.. Albequerque.... Albuqurque.... whatever. I give up. I'm just going to call it HotAirBalloons, New Mexico.

Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
giant_
Laughing Citizen

jamiga wrote:

Us locals at times abbreviate it to "burque" if thats any easier for you to remember. Plus if you do start using that instead of the full name you will be considered young and hip in some circles. But I don't think it would work if you were to use burque on a letter, if you were to send something this way. So nevermind, just practice practice practice and you will be able to spell this great city's name. And ahhh, yes that damn balloon fiesta, its coming up you know, in october. Going to be one heck of a good time Rolling Eyes

for those not in the know : http://www.balloonfiesta.com/

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

is that pronounced "burkey" or "burk"?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:

Bugs Bunny taught me that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
giant_
Laughing Citizen

jamiga wrote:

burkay

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

giant_ wrote:
jamiga wrote:

burkay

Thanks.

giant_
Laughing Citizen

No prob j.

I gots to bump this up since the show is just a few days away. Oh yeah!

redorgreen
Sea Post King

Hey I'll be there! giant: we met at the last show when they were here. Perhaps we shall meet again!
TheLiz
Sea Post King

I knew I needed to be more active. I'm from New Mexico too.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the show. I couldn't afford to go up there and don't have a car. I just went to Warped Tour yesterday, so I guess I'll just have to wait patiently until I can see Eisley again someday soon.
giant_
Laughing Citizen

redorgreen wrote:
Hey I'll be there! giant: we met at the last show when they were here. Perhaps we shall meet again!

Indeed, I remember you sir. Yeah perhaps we will, pm or something and we can meet up if you want. I have lawn tickets.

Lizzzz - Aww that sucks it might be a long while (its been about 2 years since they came last) But I hope you had fun at Warped.

national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

I brought a Canon Rebel to the Houston gig, which was against the rules. I hid it in the towel I brought to sit on (lawn seats).
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

jamiga wrote:

Haha, wowww.

Impressive, ma'm!

Smile

giant_
Laughing Citizen

national phenomenon wrote:
I brought a Canon Rebel to the Houston gig, which was against the rules. I hid it in the towel I brought to sit on (lawn seats).

Cool, yeah my sister said she will put it in her tote bag and cover it with a black cloth, since the inside of it is black and apparently they only ask the ladies to open their bags, they dont actually search it. It just sucks that yesterday my friends cat knocked over my 50mm low light lense and broke it, so now all I have is the kit lense, which is just ok.