Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Just curious.
Arizona is always the wild card in the tour.
Just wondering if there are many/any Eisley fans in Arizona.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I'll be there
Last edited by Mooncutter on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

YES YES YES FOREVER YES!

Seriously, it's worth heading through Arizona if only just for me.

The problem with Arizona is the marketing and scheduliung making it impossible for Arizona fans to head to the shows.

On the Final Noise tour, the concert in Tucson was first scheduled at City Limits, and then moved to Club Congress, leaving much contradictory information and confusion as to the actual location.

For the Fray tour, a Tucson show was initially announced, with a set date but a location/time left "TBA." Over the next few weeks, no word was given, and then the listing of the show just disappeared completely without word.

For the Acoustic tour, Boyd first posted a date for a Phoenix show. Then, a few days later, he posted links to buy tickets. Only this time the Phoenix show was left off the list, and the link to the Denver show went to the online location for buying tickets to the Phoenix show. Except that that link didn't have any information at all about Eisley. It was only a week or so ago that they finally started selling tickets to the show online (I checked every few days.) It was truly a mess, as I wasn't sure IF there would even be a show, let alone how to go to it.

Even being as big a fan as I am, I barely kept up the hope long enough to find the information for the acoustic tour. I'm sure there are hundreds of others who gave up long ago. I don't think it's a problem with a lack of Arizona fans, it's a problem with how we are treated. If the show is set early, doesn't change with little/no notice, and is advertised, I'm confident that Eisley would do a lot better in Arizona.

Vintage Newbie

Good info...I'll pass it on. thanks
giovanna
Lost at Forum

Me and im going to see them on Wednesday and i am sooooo EXCITED!!!! Very Happy
Sea Post King

I'm a huge fan. I went to the show here in Phoenix for the Final Noise tour, and I loved it. I know you guys don't feel the love in Phoenix, but I'm trying to contribute any way I can. I'm planning on going to the show on Wednesday, and I'm bringing some friends. There's like 5 or 6 of us going. I'm really excitied. You guys are amazing.
giovanna
Lost at Forum

The show tonight was very Awesome. Eisley did a very great job. Every thing went perfect and if there is anyone who hasnt seen them live yet make sure you try to go to one of their shows cause they are really great. Very Happy
Last edited by giovanna on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

I just got back from the Phoenix concert (which was awesome) and I have a bit of a report to give. Hopefully this will still be read and the issues forwarded to the proper people.

At the concert, there were (by my hasty headcount) between 50 and 60 people in attendance. According to the band between their 4th and 5th songs, there were 8 people who had ordered tickets as of two weeks prior to the show, causing worry. This clearly shows that the majority of ticket sales occurred nearer the tour date than before. I arrived at the venue two hours prior to the start of the show, so I had ample time to talk to fellow fans, and I believe I have the reasons as to why so many of the sales were so close to the concert date.

• Lack of proper advertisement: One person I talked to said that they only found out about the concert two days ago when they heard of it on the radio. Another said that they had a friend call them today (the very day of the show) and tell them about the show. I'm not from the Phoenix area, so I can't personally say if any advertisement reached me, but I didn't hear a word of it in Tucson (which is only two hours away, and a rather large city that people often commute to and from.)
  • Lack of online information:One person told me about how they checked the website (meaning www.eisley.com) for information concerning tour dates on a daily basis, and only found information on the Fray tour. Indeed, looking now on both the Home and Show pages, there is no information of the acoustic tour. One has to be faithful reader of either the forums or Boyd's journal if they are to find out about the tour.
  • Lack of correct online information: Even worse than no information is bad information. The Shows page (www.eisley.com/shows.php) still lists a Tucson date for the Fray tour with a TDB location, a date that had been canceled months ago. Worse, Boyd's journal entries, as I've already stated, lacks a correct link to the Arizona acoustic show in one entry, and even completely omits the show in another. Once someone finds the correct link, they still aren't able to buy the ticket, which brings me to the next point.
  • Unfriendly venues and vendors: After finally finding the correct link to buy tickets for the show, the website (http://marqueetheatre.ticketforce.com/) had no listing at all of an Eisley show for many weeks. It was only in the last two weeks preceding the show that tickets were available for purchase. Clearly you're going to have bad sales when willing purchasers can't even buy the tickets from the only vendor who can sell them. Once they had the ticket information up, there were still more hurdles yet. The ticket price was listed as $14.99. In addition to that, there was a $1.50 facility fee, a $4.50 convenience fee, a $2.50 online order fee, a $2.50 fee to print your ticket instead of going to will call, and the site quotes a $5 fee to park. All these fees inflate the price fo a ticket to double the list price, a whopping $31! I wouldn't be surprised if many people didn't make the show for want of money to pay for all of these.

All of these factors combine to give Eisley a small percentage of the showing that it deserves. It should also be mentioned that many of the people to whom I spoke who said that they only found out about the concert a day or two in advance were not casual listeners or passers by, but rather were big fans. They were talking about past shows they had been to, referring to the band members by name, and talking about frequent visits to the websites. These are the people who should have been the first to know about Eisley coming to the Arizona, not among the last.

Hopefully this post will help you to identify and correct the problems that are keeping Arizona Eisley attendance down. Keep trying, and give us another chance. There are fans here, and we do want to go to the shows, but we need to be told about them, have that information be correct, and not have to jump through hoops in order to get to see our favorite band.[/list]

Lost at Forum

Are you the guy who was carrying around the lavalamp thing with the posters in it for eisley to sign?
Sea Post King

The show was great. I hope you guys come back!
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

The show was phenomenal. I recorded most of their set (my brother erased 5 songs, but so goes life) and I'll post the audio here once I get home. Luckily my camera didn't pick up the frat boys behind us, they were obnoxious.
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
The show was phenomenal. I recorded most of their set (my brother erased 5 songs, but so goes life) and I'll post the audio here once I get home. Luckily my camera didn't pick up the frat boys behind us, they were obnoxious.

Ah coolie! Smile Frat boys are retarded. Mad
Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

[quote="giovanna"]Are you the guy who was carrying around the lavalamp thing with the posters in it for eisley to sign?[/quote

Indeed I was (and, by a remarkable twist of fate, still am) that guy. In case you are curious, I finally did get my posters signed by all 5 members (instead of just the original two) and all it took was 1 year, three months, and a dayof waiting.

Mooncutter, am I correct in guessing that you were in the back on the right side? I didn't find the frat boys too annoying (though they aren't too near to me either.) I was most annoyed by the group of four people in the middle of the second row on the right, who were talking during the show and clapping in a non-standard manner.

Lost at Forum

Binary Dragon wrote:
Mooncutter, am I correct in guessing that you were in the back on the right side? I didn't find the frat boys too annoying (though they aren't too near to me either.) I was most annoyed by the group of four people in the middle of the second row on the right, who were talking during the show and clapping in a non-standard manner.
Yeah, I was over there. They settled down a bit for Eisley, but they were really rude during Wesley. One of them called him "a gay Bob Dylan" or something. Then again I guess you can't expect too much from guys who only came to propose to the DuPree girls. At least they were mostly quiet during the actual songs, I'm sorry you had people talking near you.
Golly, Poster

I've got friends in Arizona but they were here in Rome when Eisley was playing in Tucson (they live nearby Tucson) so don't really know if they heard anything about it - they're the same people who are going to send me Combinations! Very Happy

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy