Laughing City
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
i find it hilarious that everyone (including myself) was begging for sunfeet to be released. now that it has everyone is like "ahh it could be better"

well what do you expect? it is a 4 ot 5 (maybe 6?) year old song. they dont sing songs like sunfeet anymore.

im sorry that they didnt release the sunfeet you all wanted. but instead released the one they wanted.

its a shame really. /sarcasm

The problem is that this is obviously a mistake. If you've heard the (pre production?) demo, or the studio clip where they were actually recording it during the Room Noises session, you'd know what we mean.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
mr pine wrote:
i find it hilarious that everyone (including myself) was begging for sunfeet to be released. now that it has everyone is like "ahh it could be better"

well what do you expect? it is a 4 ot 5 (maybe 6?) year old song. they dont sing songs like sunfeet anymore.

im sorry that they didnt release the sunfeet you all wanted. but instead released the one they wanted.

The problem is that this is obviously a mistake. If you've heard the (pre production?) demo, or the studio clip where they were actually recording it during the Room Noises session, you'd know what we mean.

lets be fair for a minute. i am not saying i am right or wrong here. but do you think it is "obviously a mistake" just because you don't like it?

eisley has changed tempos on many of thier songs. look at telecope eyes from ep2 verses the one on room noises.
it happens.

if it was a mistake then who made it? the label? or did eisley really pick this version to be on the free ep?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
comeclean
Sea Post King

mr pine wrote:

You don't know that they released the Sunfeet that they wanted. We don't have to like it, and we can say that if we want to. I'm still glad they released it, but I'm not going to lie, I think it sounds pretty bad.

Vintage Newbie

comeclean wrote:
mr pine wrote:

You don't know that they released the Sunfeet that they wanted. We don't have to like it, and we can say that if we want to. I'm still glad they released it, but I'm not going to lie, I think it sounds pretty bad.

the truth of the matter is you don't know either. i am not sticking up for them or not not sticking up for them (huh?)

i am just saying most of you are sayng they released the wrong one simply because you dont like it.
but you have no proof of that.
nor do we have proof that the right song was sent.
until we hear it from boyd, we can all assume.

and you are right, you can have your opinion. i am not saying that. i was just commenting on the fact that people think it is the wrong version.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

DRMS_7888 wrote:

I haven't heard those, where can I find them?
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

the studio clip used to be on OGG, it might be on trolleywood.com now. It's one of the pre-production clips that Boyd made.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

i just got my ep today... i think Sunfeet is great. Doesn't sound any different than what I've heard before. I love it. It does sound a little rough like a demo. but other than that, it's great.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Confused Seems like They put the wrong cut on the cd. This vid has the version I thought was going to be on there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArsBJxbpj7c The actual song starts at about 1:10. This sounds like the same recordings but in the final cut that made it on the cd they did some weird editing. They took the ending and put it in the middle and added the double time beat. Also sounds like some synth strings didn't make the final cut either. Such a shame, such a shame... . Crying or Very sad

Is this youtube clip like what you're referring to DRMS_7888?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

comeclean wrote:

www.trolleywood.com/music.html It's there if the link doesn't work. Invasion one keeps not coming out right for w/e reason.

thanks for the link, i'm downloading Sun Feet right now.

it was one of my fav pre-Room Noises tracks (along with Mr Pine) that i couldn't believe got left off the album (even thought they played both songs seminingly every night around that time).

the song has some of my favorite Sherri lyrics.

i'm not sure what this demo is that is up there, but i have a live recording from around Coldplay tour and it is longer (and a lot better to me personally) than how they played it after Room Noises.

i always thought Jon added some great bass lines to the song as well.

keithabbott
Sea Post King

I managed to pick up a copy of the EP today at Plan 9 Records in Richmond. It's 2 hours south of where I live, but I didn't have to pay for the CD. Nice huh? Just an FYI, we had to visit our relatives in Richmond otherwise I wouldn't have drove two hours for a two-track CD.

Anyway, I also dropped off two of the posters and a handful of stickers for them to give out to customers from the street team WB sent me. As soon as I told them I was on the street team and if they had the free CD in stock, they gave it to me without having to pay for the album (which of course I already own). So that worked out perfect. Smile I helped Eisley get the word out AND got the EP I wanted in return.

I couldn't ask for a better deal than that.

<< prev | goto page