33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
I love this movie so much, it hurts
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I've seen this movie 4 times! But they loved eachother! And she dies! That's not supposed to happen!

It also makes me bawl because men as sexy as Ewan McGregor should never be so sad.

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

ahh ewan, i wish i had those high notes. alas. i am cursed to always be a baritone. :sigh: Crying or Very sad
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i can't count how many times i've seen moulin rouge. it's one of my all-time favourites.

ewam mcgregor's voice.... ohwow.

letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

it makes me sad cause ewan doesn't die.
to what i did and said

piccysssssss
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

I made several attempts to watch that movie, and I think I got it all in bits and pieces. I like romeo + juliet better. (same director)

Of course I am not to much on musicals with the exception of dancer in the dark.

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i don't understand you not into musical types... i mean that is such a foreign concept to me. i want to go off singing and dancing at least five times a day. i think it would be fun to choreograph a song a dance number that you could do somewhere in public like at a random encounter maybe do a westsidestory-esque fight scene and have it appear random. that would be fun.
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i could see it now...

ilitherian is running around singing about how he just kissed a girl. named maria. *

i love musicals. chicago is also brilliant. i watched it over the weekend for the third time.

* this wouldn't happen, would it? don't you think kissing is gross? Wink

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

yeah, kissing is way gross... thats not to say i haven't ever kissed someone. i just think the concept in general is pretty disgusting.

i still plan on kissing my wife though, that is, whenever i get one. which probably won't be for many years.

actually occasionally i do the little west side story pirouette whilst walking down the street. you know where they go up on their toes and and kick their leg out and sort of hop forward with their arms out. sometimes i just do the snap skip thing. its so much fun. i just need to have a full orchestra playing at all times so i can sing along as well about how im walking down the street going to get a hairbut or going to the gym or something mundane like that.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

I have the best image of you singing and dancing down the street singing Maria, except about you, so it's called Ilitherian...yeah...*smiles and laughs*
Twisted Evil

kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i can't imagine ilitherian dancing.
perhaps because i've never seen him.

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

yeah, well just imagine the most handsome coolest awesomest person ever.

thats not me, im the guy behind him, kinda short very white. freckles on my nose. and glasses that are crooked. yeah. and im probably dancing or something. because i don't know why.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

I'm going to begin singing a random song from a musical. Please, if you know the words, put down some dance moves and sing along!

C'mon babe
Why don't we paint the town
*bumps hips to the beat*
And all that jazz!
*makes up dorky dance moves and waits for someone to post the next verse*
Twisted Evil

AearTeilu
Sea Post King

the last (and only -so far-) time I participated in a musical we had some grand plans in the works involving a wonderously random "musical moment." the sketch of it was as follows...

scene: all mingled into lines at the food court in the mall
characters: full cast. every last one of us. yes.

as our leading man steps up to the Wokalicious* counter, he asks for a burger, fries and shake. When the May I Take Your Order Man quirks his eyebrows and declares the Wokalicious premesis free of such things, the Leading Man gasps, "no burgers?!"
the rest of the cast catches the blatant cue and suddenly pop out of thier lines into varying poses, dismayed and shocked beyond belief, chorusing, "no burgers!"

all then break out into song and dance.

ah, yes, the niftyness of it all. Very Happy

*(some names have been changed)

kris
Ubernerd Moderator

the name on everybody's lips is gonna be... ROXIE!
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i love singing that song. i wanna be in chicago. and i wanna play roxie. maybe.