Laughing City
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

(Some language naughties)
http://www.soundthesirens.com/articles/index.php?id=33,749,0,0,1,0
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

It would be an honor for Eisley to steal my lunch.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

Eisley is f*cking with you, guys.
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

vintage_snowflake wrote:
Eisley is f*cking with you, guys.

Laughing
Caley
Lost at Forum

Haha, thanks for posting! Definitely a review that I agree with-- it seems like many of the critics (except for this guy) seemed to believe Combinations would be RN: Take Two. I just think this guy got it, which makes me smile.

"Eisley is f*cking with you." Haha! Fo' real.

liketheact0rs
Sea Post King

"After Combinations sinks in, you wish Eisley would have taken your lunch for a little longer."

Very Happy

blor
Sea Post King

hahah...great article
Protocol Droid

liketheact0rs wrote:
"After Combinations sinks in, you wish Eisley would have taken your lunch for a little longer."

Very Happy

Ha ha. Yeah. I feel the same way about leading off with "Many Funerals." The album is an experience and it's a workout. Nice.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liketheact0rs
Sea Post King

we need more articles like this. most are (to me) boring and repetitive.. but this one wakes me up. this comes to show that a little cursing, wit and imagination really hits the spot hahah

(thanks for finding it!)

norad
Vintage Newbie

That has got to be the best opening paragraph of a review ever.
alastica
Sea Post King

I don't get it...what's so great about this article? Didn't seem that good to me. How does any of their older stuff sound anything like Coldplay...? Hah. And then the Zeppelin and Jimmy Page comments about "A Sight to Behold"? Geesh. WTF? I don't know. I guess I just don't understand how his "wit and imagination" and metaphors are doing anything to describe the songs. Most of the feels he described weren't even too accurate. Oh well.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

alastica wrote:
I don't get it...what's so great about this article? Didn't seem that good to me. How does any of their older stuff sound anything like Coldplay...? Hah. And then the Zeppelin and Jimmy Page comments about "A Sight to Behold"? Geesh. WTF? I don't know. I guess I just don't understand how his "wit and imagination" and metaphors are doing anything to describe the songs. Most of the feels he described weren't even too accurate. Oh well.

I thought it was interesting more than accurate.
alastica
Sea Post King

vivalaspopie wrote:
alastica wrote:

Well you can make most things interesting if you just stretch it to the limit. Rolling Eyes Wink

I just feel like it wouldn't have been that hard for the writer to use the same style writing but do it well and accurately rather than like I said, stretching everything way too much. Eisley's music is already pretty interesting to talk about without having to do that.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
Last edited by alastica on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

vivalaspopie wrote:
alastica wrote:

Me too. I didn't think it was stunningly good writing or anything. It was just nice, readable and different. But it was good.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
alastica wrote:

Me too. I didn't think it was stunningly good writing or anything. It was just nice, readable and different. But it was good.

It will definitely catch peoples attention and hopefully inspire them to pick up RN and Combinations.