Laughing City
jeeplar
Sea Post King

anyone else have a problem with combinations getting spit out of your iMac after a few seconds? Other cd's are working fine. Just this one( yes, its "retail".
HELP
lar

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

So it doesn't do it to any other CD?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Could be a DRM issue or something if other CDs work fine. Haven't tried it myself. Manually open the CD tray if it won't open at all.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Could be a DRM issue or something if other CDs work fine. Haven't tried it myself. Manually open the CD tray if it won't open at all.

iMacs don't have CD trays, silly.

My MacBook spits out CDs randomly, but mostly cheap duplicated CDs. I can't imagine why Combinations would have problems. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

iMacs don't have CD trays, silly.

My MacBook spits out CDs randomly, but mostly cheap duplicated CDs. I can't imagine why Combinations would have problems. Confused

That's highly unfortunate.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jeeplar
Sea Post King

All other cd's work. I just copied it to itunes on my sons PC,(ickky, don't even like touching them since I got an IMac). So, i will burn the cd and then try to get it on my mac.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Works fine in my PowerBook. hm.

knitgrl
Sea Post King

It's not working in my Mac Mini either and all because of the watermarking that's on the cd.

I found this problem mentioned on this blog:http://idolator.com/tunes/warner-music-group/music-writer-to-reco rd-label-would-you-like-me-to-listen-to-this-disc-before-i-review-it-2 76441.php
and I've heard other people are having this problem. It's a real frustration for someone who doesn't have a cd player except on their computer. And you can't return it to the store except for a copy of the same item. Stuff like this makes me really hate the major labels more and more. I paid for it and I should at least be able to play it!
alastica
Sea Post King

It work(ed)(s) fine on my MacBook Pro.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
trippin
Sea Post King

It might be a problem with the cd rom / superdrives firmware. You might want to visit the apple site for any firmware / software updates.

I had no problems installing and playing the cd on my mac.

If you have a stuck cd, you can eject the cd by restarting the mac with the mouse button held down.
Joined: 01 May 2005 | Posts: 67 | Location: Palo Alto, California
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Also, if it's a possible firmware issue, do you run Software Update?

paintfullyours
Sea Post King

Hmmmmmm, this situation is rather unfortunate. And it seems to be an iMac problem in name only, and not Mac in general. I was able to load it on my ibook just fine. Oh if I would have only been in love enough with computers to be a computer science major rather then an art major, I would be able to help you friend.

All I was able to find ( in my 5 minutes of net searching, so mind you there may be more WAY valid options... ) good luck dear.

http://www.macfixitforums.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=8 25337&Forum=&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=2d ays&Main=825337&Search=true[/url]

magnetic headbot
Laughing Citizen

the first time I put the cd into my powerbook, it wouldn't even read it... so it was just kinda stuck in there... but luckily i figured out how to get it out by restarting my laptop.
hopefully you figure out what's wrong!

Last.fm.etsy.tumblr
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

paintfullyours wrote:
Hmmmmmm, this situation is rather unfortunate. And it seems to be an iMac problem in name only, and not Mac in general. I was able to load it on my ibook just fine. Oh if I would have only been in love enough with computers to be a computer science major rather then an art major, I would be able to help you friend.

All I was able to find ( in my 5 minutes of net searching, so mind you there may be more WAY valid options... ) good luck dear.

http://www.macfixitforums.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=8 25337&Forum=&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=2d ays&Main=825337&Search=true[/url]

not true. its not working in my Powerbook G4. i just got back from canada so its the first time im putting into my comp so i can play it on my ipod. and it keeps spitting it out. then when it stayed in it sounded like the drive was having a really hard time reading it and it was stuck for about 10 minutes. ugghh. still working on it

creation is salvation
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Works fine in my G4 iMac.