Laughing City

O.K. Which out of THESE songs do you like the best?
Telescope Eyes
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Over The Mountains We Go
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Head Against the Sky
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Mr. Pine
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Laughing City
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 50

boyd
Eisleyoid

The first poll was lame. Nobody but friends from Tyler/Dallas have ever even heard the new stuff. At least these songs are downloadable off the website. So, this will help the band a little more. Thanks.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

the new mr pine is better than the one online though. Weston's jingle bell thing makes the whole song!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

"over the mountains we go" has been stuck in my head from the moment i heard it. ( which was at the restfest show)
not that i'm complaining....i love the hypnotic melodies going over and over and over in my mind....

Cool jj

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
MeanGreen
Sea Post King

Mr. Pine is by far the best! I like it a lot! I can hear some Midlake influence in it, and I like Midlake!! So I also Like moss!!!
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

the first time i heard mr. pine, i was in love with the song. so there you go. [it's quite catchy, by the way]
Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Ok, so I decided to go through the ep and take it apart a little bit. This is to aid in making an effective set list for next weekend's show, yes?

My favorite song is Head Against The Sky. The guitar part's cool and the lyrics are steps above many of the other songs. Over The Mountains We Go is a good opening song (as you seem to have figured out). I always want to hear a longer intro, but that's just my conditioning to ambience. Telescope Eyes ain't bad. The chorus is catchy, and apparently that's a desirable trait. Dream For Me . . . (going back into my room to listen to it again) . . . ah yes, it has rock; also a good trait, and good for a slight changeup. There was something I didn't care for too much: the "sleep, my little child..." part. Not a bad idea, but something about it I didn't like. I think it was just the harmonies. Blackened Crown is a very moving song = awesome.

Being bad with song titles, I can't comment on the other songs which I've heard. Sea King is one that I don't care for, but that's about all I can say.

Welp, I've got a whole party sized bag of Peanut M&M's to work my way through tonight, and I think I'll start reading Anthem, by Ayn Rand. By the way, Sherri (in response to something you said in another section, and if you happen to read this) do you really want people to send you books? For some reason people can ask me for anything -- a starving person could ask me for food when I have too much, and will probably just throw the leftovers away -- and I won't give it to them. But books I always feel compelled to thrust upon people.

Ok, I hope this was more helpful than it was annoying.
Bronaugh!

The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

Anthem is a good book.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

My favorite song is presently Head Against The Sky. The way the lead hits in the beginning, and the way the vocals hit in the chorus are phenomenal. And the outro is killer too. Come to think of it, the whole song is excellent.
My other favorite Moss-moment is the guitar solo in Telescope Eyes. It's so freakin subtle and understated. I love it.

-Mark

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis

Jonathan Clark wrote:
My favorite song is Head Against The Sky. The guitar part's cool and the lyrics are steps above many of the other songs. Over The Mountains We Go is a good opening song (as you seem to have figured out). I always want to hear a longer intro, but that's just my conditioning to ambience. Telescope Eyes ain't bad. The chorus is catchy, and apparently that's a desirable trait. Dream For Me . . . (going back into my room to listen to it again) . . . ah yes, it has rock; also a good trait, and good for a slight changeup. There was something I didn't care for too much: the "sleep, my little child..." part. Not a bad idea, but something about it I didn't like. I think it was just the harmonies. Blackened Crown is a very moving song = awesome.

I agree about Head Against the Sky - it's my favorite from ep2. I agree with you about almost all the songs, really. If I have a least favorite, though, it's Dream For Me (I like it, but I think the others are better) - but the part I like most is the "sleep, my little child" harmonies. Everyone's got their own opinion, though, it's all good. I think one of the things that's cool about ep2 is that you can tell how the songwriting has progressed between the older songs and the three newer ones... and then when you go to see the band live you can see that they're getting even better as songwriters...
 |  | 
SeaKing

sea king is a fantastic song along with all of the newer moss eisley songs. they are getting better and and better and if they keep this up, they will surely take over the entire world.
 |  | 
jeremyb
Sea Post King

the post just before seaking's was mine, just in case anyone's like "dude. that post is extra crappy" and wants to blame someone. it was me. next time i'll check to make sure that i log in so as to avoid confusing myself - it's weird when you see a post written by Guest (whoever he is) and it sounds a lot like one you posted earlier... ha. ha.
philippians 4:13
Last edited by jeremyb on Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Cat^^
Sea Post King

These people have been in my head since the summer of 2000 i just wish they would come down to houston more often (houston !not it's surrounding areas) We never get any good bands down here only like um Puddle of Mudd er other bands w/ raises remarks in their names....Oh well I lOOOVE MOSSS SOOOOH MUCH I would get their name Inked on me but that pointy needle is well POINTY! SMOOCH-gilgamesh!
Eisleyoid

Cat -

Houston is good for us....i mentioned it before i think. Will push Debbie for a show. Today. Will find out. thanx. you're so kind.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

i have heard a moss song i think it was yous guys opened for blisse at la puerta en dallas, and you all said it needed alot of work. which was true, im curious if anything ever came of that song or if it even had a name? of course i dont know if anyone else here or even in the band knows what im talking about... ahh
guitarstrummingpunk
Sea Post King

First off Boyd I stinkin' love ya.

Second, Some fellow by the name of Jeremy posted a little speal bout all the songs and ya I agree with him alot. Except the part that says the "Sleep, my little child" harmonies are not cewl...I really like that part of the song and think it is very peaceful and soothing. Once I was driving down a long windy bridge here in L.A. Cali, and that song totally fit the road. It was an awesome moment just chilling in the car. If that harmony wasn't in the song it wouldn't have been as cool. If you ever come to L.A. let me know I'll take ya for a ride on this "Bridge of Awe".
Peace,
Piet Bianchi Idea

goto page
 | next >>