Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

You can't imagine our Horrors...
As we were driving around Salt Lake yesterday morning in search of food & personals for the bus when Thomas tossed in that CD (WB put out there w/ SunFeet and a live version of Invasion). oh my lumpkins. Smile

First (backing up) - It was actually my idea to use the song as an incentive/bonus track. (yeah boyd) They contacted me for ideas... "hey man, what can we use? what do you guys have that would be a value added song that hasn't been released/" It was a no-brainer, right? I said, "we should use SunFeet... the Rob Schnapf track - mixed in Tyler by RoseWood... fans have been waiting for it forever. Atticus was going to release it on their Dragging the Lake compilation". That was the last I heard.

btw- forgive me if you've already had this discussion. I know you guys have surely already had a rant about the sad version you received. bleahh! Our bad that we just realized that the SunFeet track you received is:

wait - are you ready for this?.... it's not a track at all! It's a terrible mistake; It's nothing more than a practice tape. It's the most uninspired, feeble, glank-odious attempt at that song in US Eisley history. ahhhhHH!!

The setting was 2004. Eisley was hunting for a producer. We were hanging out w/ Rob Cavallo in LA running thru potential songs for a record that would later be named "Room Noises". The band was trying to dredge up and blow through any songs they'd already written that might be good to record in chronic, lo-fi style. Someone had the tape rolling!!! - probably just so Rob (who is quite a lovely awesome human and producer). I have a copy of the tape... but ya'll - they're not good. ha ha. Wait, actually, i have a half baked version of "Wings and Windows" from that bit of bogus. Did I post it? Can't remember.

Anyway, horrors, right? Somebody really goofed. I'll let them know today. jeeze... first the band screamed, then they burst out laughing because it was so terrible. You have to find the comic relief in everything or you'll just go crazy in a world you try to control but can't. Still, it's very odd that they didn't send us a confirmation... an mp3 or something before it went out. As far as I knew, they only recordings they had were Mike Mogis's version and Rob Schnapf's version. This is nobody's (wait, English majors: nobodies? or nobody's... niether? it's a possessive reference, not plural) version.

So, i just wanted to clear the record, apologize and tell you how embarrassed Eisley is that you guys were sold poop. I guess technically, you were given some poop. The recording of Invasion had no Eisley ears of inspection either. They were like - "wait, where's Chauntelle's guitar?". Remember, that was a situation where you just go in, unload, plug in, play thru the track twice, pack up, leave... end of involvement.

So now you know. I will find out what's going to happen with the real track... speaking of - Ok, the REAL SunFeet track is one of my favorites and should have been on "Room Noises". Surely you've heard me bloat about it before right? How could I have been referring to that krunk you got.

Thanks,

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
norad
Vintage Newbie

OH MAN I KNEW IT WAS A MISTAKE!! Smile
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Don't worry Boyd, we knew that was a flub.

Here's to the eventual 2008 release of Sunfeet!

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

The only way to reverse our horrors is FREE SUNFEET!!*

*the Rob Schnapf track - mixed in Tyler by RoseWood
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Last edited by golly andrew on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
The only way to reverse our horrors is FREE SUNFEET!!

The other one was free too. Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I figured there's no way you guys would have let that track see daylight if you knew about it/ had any real say in it. Hopefully no one truly believed it was more than a track slipping through the cracks.

(Nobody's. Possessive ... I think that's right. ha ha.)

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
golly andrew wrote:
The only way to reverse our horrors is FREE SUNFEET!!

The other one was free too. Wink

Fixed!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Boyd, you should post that Wings and Windows track....since I don't think you ever did.(greedy fans...greedy fans)
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Oh another thing Boyd how exactly are you supposed to pronounce "Schnapf" without someone near you saying "Bless you"?
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Boyd, you should post that Wings and Windows track....since I don't think you ever did.(greedy fans...greedy fans)
I agree. I heard it once, and would very greedily love to hear it again. And again. Etc.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

A Free Sunfeet would be nice. Smile
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I would be more than willing to pay for a Sun Feet / Wings & Windows EP Wink Wink
Lost at Forum

Mooncutter wrote:
I would be more than willing to pay for a Sun Feet / Wings & Windows EP Wink Wink

and...and...lady of the wood! Very Happy
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

pazatronix! wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:

Might as well throw all the i-tunes exclusives on there as well. And make it available on a CD, please! Very Happy
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
pazatronix! wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:

Might as well throw all the i-tunes exclusives on there as well. And make it available on a CD, please! Very Happy

the easiest third full length album ever! Laughing