Laughing City
juan
Lost at Forum

....it feels just like a small tremor in the uk, kinda like a 1 on the richter scale.

Just thinking about this, well I guess maybe its simple to answer, or maybe not.

In the US they appear to have a reasonable following of people. Sounds like its going well over there, shows selling out and tons of good stuff happening. Maybe thats my distorted view from the uk.

As for the UK, I'm kinda disappointed the way the album has been promoted so far, maybe I'm too impatient. I always had this feeling that they'd be pushed in the uk as much as they are being in the states. It just seems to me that their recent quick fling in the UK, whilst they played a couple of small headline shows, wasn't really followed up with much promotion. Surely a big record label like WB, or whatever subsidiary they are signed to, could get the record marketed better than it has been? It wasn't even on the shelves in my record stores on the day or the day after release. Thats pretty shoddy in my eyes. I'd understand if the record was/is $#@!, but its not, its a million time better than attempt number 1 and, maybe, promotion in the UK will come later, but the last attempt to promote the record didn't really seem like much of an effort. Not a critisism, just an observation from a bystander. I've no doubt at all that the band played their arses off at the shows they played, but is allowing the band to play 5/6 shows and coming back without any real push going to get the band noticed? 2 of those shows were, again, very low on the bill at a festival, 'cept this time it was on a lesser stage than V fest a few years back.

Possibly, and I hope, next year things may turn out different with more promotion in the uk. I just feel that the UK market would be an easier nut to crack for the band, and loaded with this album I really feel they'd build up a'cult following' over here, kinda in th same way Midlake have with their first 2 albums. Remember, a band can cover every major conurbation in the UK in a two week tour, every music fan in the UK would be less than an hour away from a gig and I feel that 5 gigs in the south with 1 festival gig in the north isn't really giving the album, and the band, the credit they deserve.

Get your arses back to the uk and give this album a proper effin promotion!

PS this isn't a rant or a slant or whatever against the band, more the label. I really do feel that this album deserves a tour, a proper tour in the UK. Come out with a medium sized band, playing venues maybe 500-600 and throw in a few headlines gigs. The album really deserves it and I guess I just fear that it ends up fizzling out like RN did.......

Yours
Pro - procastinator.

Steven

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
juan
Lost at Forum

pps
its Saturday night and I'm posting on a bloody message board, I should be out getting drunk like the rest of the thirty odd million habitual drinkers in the uk. but instead I'm waiting to pick up my soon to be intoxicated girlfriend from the pub. ah well, c'est la vie, or whatever the saying goes.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

I don't know.....in the grand scheme of things, Eisley is still a low key band in the U.S. I mean they are not small but they are not huge.

In the U.K. Eisley only played a small handful of shows and festivals, and tis hard to promote overseas something that is doing well but its not huge over in the U.S.

My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

What they need to do is get in touch with George Lucas and get him to give them the masks for those aliens playing at Mos Eisley and go on tour. In fact, play that same song the aliens played. Its so catchy!

oh,snap! Here they are!
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

As far as albums go, i've made a point of popping into every major CD store i've walked past, just to make sure they had it. The only one that didn't was HMV Picadilly. I'm not too fussed about that.

But I agree with the touring. Those two Eisley shows were fantastic, and Kerrang gave one of 'em a pretty good review, so that got their name out a wee bit more...

[quote="I just feel that the UK market would be an easier nut to crack for the band, and loaded with this album I really feel they'd build up a'cult following' over here, kinda in th same way Midlake have with their first 2 albums"]

Definately agree with the first part. Generally speaking, US to UK transitions are easier than UK to US, mostly because the UK is titchy compared to the US.
Remember, though, how long it took Midlake. Van Occupanther came out May 2006, and they only really exploded between November and early this year. I'm talking 300 venues to 1500 venues, there, and a major spot at Indian Summer (on just before Idlewild who were the suprise guests, if i remember correctly)

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

My Blackened Crown wrote:
What they need to do is get in touch with George Lucas and get him to give them the masks for those aliens playing at Mos Eisley and go on tour. In fact, play that same song the aliens played. Its so catchy!

oh,snap! Here they are!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Sea Post King

[quote="mad_sam_purple'ead"]
But I agree with the touring. Those two Eisley shows were fantastic, and Kerrang gave one of 'em a pretty good review, so that got their name out a wee bit more...
[/quote

Kerrang reviewed an Eisley show, and actually had good things to say? I thought Kerrang disliked them.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

[quote="Kit"]
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

[/quote

Kerrang reviewed an Eisley show, and actually had good things to say? I thought Kerrang disliked them.

there was a great review for the album and one strange one for a show that didn't really make sense.
verdantmemories
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
My Blackened Crown wrote:

oh,snap! Here they are!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hahahahahaha that's good! I never thought about it, but yeah, that would make perfect sense! They used to be Moss Eisley, after all...

http://sarahbrown.mymarkstore.com
Joined: 20 Aug 2007 | Posts: 38 | Location: Trying to find a way above the treetops...