40%
 40%  [ 22 ]
Yep, I do
60%
 60%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 55

norad
Vintage Newbie

Doesn't listen to Radiohead? I feel like I'm one of very few who have never listened to them/had an interest to.
giovanna
Lost at Forum

Ive only listened to one of thier songs before (karma police). and other than that im not very interested in them either.
Vintage Newbie

I don't listen to them. I just don't see the attraction to them.

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

They're good.
Yous is crazies.

ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i love radiohead.
it seems that a lot of people can't get into them for some reason.

Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
Last edited by ride4Jesus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

Radiohead is definitely a band most younger people (well I am not old at all being 20) don't quite understand.

I was a big Radiohead fan long before I heard of Eisley. So I may be a little biased. Haha

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Once I got into Radiohead my appreciation for music grew by leaps and bounds. To be quite honest, I didn't really have an open mind before them.

I agree with the you have to be older point to a degree. Radiohead just wasn't the music I was looking for when I was 16.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
Once I got into Radiohead my appreciation for music grew by leaps and bounds. To be quite honest, I didn't really have an open mind before them.

AGREED.

I hated Radiohead when I first heard them. I bought both Kid A and Ok Computer out of curiousity, as I had repeatedly heard about how they were two of the greatest albums of all time. After I listened to them each once through, I couldn't have disagreed more, and shelved them.

A month or so later, after seeing the albums gathering dust on my cd rack, I decided to give them another try.

I am SO glad I did. I learned then that i'm not always going to fall in love with a song or album the first time through. It wasn't long until I did the same thing with Eisley. I hated them at first. But after a while, I began to 'get' them.

It has been that way with most bands I like now. Arcade Fire, Sufjan, etc... sometimes it just takes some patience. Or the willingness to give something another try.

Then again, sometimes it just doesn't click. Like me and Bright Eyes. (I say that now.... i'll probably love him later...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I hated Radiohead when I first heard them in 2001ish. I don't start to enjoy them until 2004ish. Now, they are the most band ever.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I had OK Computer for awhile...but now I don't know what happened to it. So I don't listen to Radiohead currently, but I think they're amazing and I want to get Ok Computer again.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I only know Karma Police. It's decent, but doesn't send me looking for more.
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

giovanna wrote:
Ive only listened to one of thier songs before (karma police). and other than that im not very interested in them either.

same here.

"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

So for those of you who "aren't interested" in listening to them, I'm interested in knowing why and how much of their music you've heard before. Personally, if I hear a band mentioned a lot but I've never heard any of their music, I'll at least Torrent an album to see what they're like. Seems like a few people in this thread have only heard "Karma Police," which is kind of sad since there are many, many better Radiohead songs. And their sound has changed so many times that if you happen to not like a particular style they play, you can try an album from a few years earlier or later and hear something completely different.

I usually recommend that people start with The Bends. It's a pretty straightforward, accessible melodic rock album that seems likely to appeal to Eisley fans, and also has some of their best songs ever. Tracks three through eight compose one of the best the best twenty-five minute blocks of music ever.

It would also behoove the curious to watch the acoustic set at Le Reservoir. It's a great selection of songs, with some of Thom's best vocal performances, and the intimate atmosphere suits it really well.

It took me a long time to get off my butt and listen to Radiohead when all my friends had been recommending them to me for years, but I was very glad I did.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thismirage
Sea Post King

i listened to them a lot when Kid A first came out. Then I bought Amnesiac, didn't like it and I haven't listened to them since.
Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I've liked Radiohead since 1993, so I got in before everyone thought they invented music. I've not really ever been a hard core fan (until more recently) , but there's always been something I've liked about their sound, no matter what I was into at the time. I'm definitely a bigger fan of them now than I've ever been, and it's been ... jeez, a really long time. ha. Definitely can't pin them down. And who knows what they're going to be doing on this album.

I agree, The Bends is a really good starting point. And I'd say OK Computer and Hail To The Thief are next. You can get more abstract after that.

Radiohead are kind of like The Pixies in that you have to understand the impact of the band to get the full scope of the work. Yes, there are 20,000 bands that sound like this, but this is the source of that sound.

But anyway, they are intentionally challenging musically, so I can understand that some people wouldn't like it. So yeah, I don't think they invented music or anything. They're just amazingly good at what they do, and very bold.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers

goto page
 | next >>