Both
59%
 59%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 37

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

its from my local radio djs

http://www.twodorks.com/junk/20071018-rightleftbrain.shtml

i saw her and could only see her moving clockwise. i have no clue how to stop it and have it move another direction.

the question is, isnt this a gif? or an animated image. how can it move in another direction.

i dont think its an optical illusion, but who am i to say how the brain works.

what did you all get?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

clockwise though i was able to get it to change direction by looking at it from the corner of my eye then slowly focusing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I can get it to spin both ways. But it may have nothing to do with actual brain functions, beyond how we see, at least. I've been trying to read up on this.

That image gives me headaches. Mad

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

here's another one that's cool

both square A and square B are the same color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_color_illusion

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

wierdo: i saw it moving counter-clockwise originally, but, then, after looking away, it was moving clockwise, and i can't get it to go back 'round the other way! so, then, what does that say about me?

that checker thing is just freaky…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

She was spinning counterclockwise at first for me but then went clockwise and it was really hard to get it going counterclockwise again. It's an optical illusion type thing. I couldn't get it to stop spinning and just sway and kick though. She also seemed to be somewhat excited or cold.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Nowhere Man wrote:
She was spinning counterclockwise at first for me but then went clockwise and it was really hard to get it going counterclockwise again. It's an optical illusion type thing. I couldn't get it to stop spinning and just sway and kick though. She also seemed to be somewhat excited or cold.

yay! we're the same! so, it means i'm not wierd — or i have multiple personalities, and am very wierd!

hmm…
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

yay! we're the same! so, it means i'm not wierd — or i have multiple personalities, and am very wierd!

hmm…

Sorry, but I'm a weirdo.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

clockwise

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
oliez
Vintage Newbie

it took me a while to get a hang of it but I can get it to change directions now just by looking at the botom foot and telling myself which way it would go (in front or behind) acording to which way I want to see her turn.
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

oh geeze, i love this. i can kind of do the thing oliver can. If i click on the scroll bar and stop the rotating, and when i let go of the scroll bar to resume the rotating, she goes the way i want her to. very cool. i thouhgt it was just a trick at first, but it's not.

God Bless

Kayci
Golly, Poster

She rotates clockwise on her left leg and counterclockwise on her right, watch for the switch of which leg she's rotating from.

I don't know how one would make this change randomly, as it appears to do.. but it's definitely not just how you look at it.
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I originally saw clockwise which is weird as that suggests I use my right brain more which is the opposite of what I think I do. Now I can switch between directions if I move my eyes up or down.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

no matter what i can't get her to not go clockwise.

and to what one posted earlier, i noticed to that the girl must be cold. it is strange they would add that on there, there really is no purpose.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Kayci wrote:
She rotates clockwise on her left leg and counterclockwise on her right, watch for the switch of which leg she's rotating from.

I don't know how one would make this change randomly, as it appears to do.. but it's definitely not just how you look at it.

wrong. because she's in sillhouette, we can't see whether she's facing us, or facing away from us, and so we can't tell which leg is the "right" or "left", and our mind is forced to fill in the blanks on it's own! that's the secret of the optical illusion! she doesn't even rotate, she turns from one side of the screen to the other!

i don't think it has anything to do with right brain / left brain, though — and isn't the whole right brain / left brain thing bull $#@! anyways?

goto page
 | next >>