Laughing City
pzy
Wookie Luke

In HD.

It came out pretty well, I shot the whole show with a Canon XH A1 with a wide-angle lens and audio from the soundboard (Thanks Mark!) fed via a fancy wireless mic setup.

Here's a 720p downscaled (I shot in 1080p24 - sorta) pic of Chauntelle:

And here's a 55 MB H.264 720p sample of the same scene - your computer needs quicktime and some fairly serious (G5 or Dual-Core Intel) processing power to watch it.

http://mucus.net/chauntellehd.mp4

And the full clip:

http://mucus.net/eisley-icbtfy-hd.mp4 (I suggest saving it, just to save my own bandwidth)

I'll be editing it and hopefully putting up a few more clips (or at least stills) in the near future. I decided to go tripod-less so it's kind of shaky at points, but the camera has very nice image stabilization and I have fairly steady hands.

And then when Eisley becomes rich and famous they can hire me as their videographer/technology awesomeguy.

EDIT: Here's another song! Over the Mountains. I love that song.

http://mucus.net/eisley-otm-hd.mp4

Option-click or right-click-save-as to rock out!

Last edited by pzy on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 am; edited 3 times in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Holy crap. Nice! My laptop is too much of a hooptie to play it. But nice!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Holy $#@! that video is awesome!

If you record all the tracks separately for posthumous mixing/mastering, you could make a completely professional DVD concert recording.

Thanks for that, how much did that camera cost? >_<

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

I SAW YOU FILMING AT IRVING.

I'm afraid to click the link though. I think my laptop might explode.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

BTW

I have a

1.5ghz AMD dualcore
2gb ram
64mb dx 9.0 video card

and the video worked fine for me. So, if you have comparable specs, you're set.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pzy
Wookie Luke

Yeah, next time I do it I'll bring two wireless mics, and separate the instruments and vocals for a little post-production, but I don't really have the capability to easily record all 9 (I think) tracks that the band uses. Mark did a good job of feeding me awesomely mixed audio... well except that he forgot vocal reverb on my output for the first song or two Very Happy

The camera cost about $4000 all-told, I liberated it from work to use for the concert, we're going to be buying 3 or 4 of those over the course of the next year, they're fantastic.

As for a DVD... maybe once I get a second camera I can stick one on a tripod for a wide shot and get in close with a handheld, then I can just sync them and edit later. Also with that setup I could get 8 tracks recorded on-camera, which ain't so shabby. I bet I can do a better job than those punks who jerked up the Troubadour show Wink

And on another note, the show itself was really great. Boyd said it was one of the best of the tour, and the crowd was really into it. I kind of wish I wasn't filming, just because I saw the show through an LCD screen/viewfinder and heard it through headphones, but it was still killer and I felt the energy. I also met a really nice girl named Courtney, but I forgot to ask if she went to the Eisley forum. She got mistaken for one of the band members a few times at the merch table, it was pretty funny. Also she loves Kashmir, Eisley, Radiohead, and has an iPhone (like me!) so she totally rules obviously. Show yourself if you do frequent the board! Smile

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Wow, amazing!

Most of my shots are pretty awful The guy before the show had said, "No flash! NO FLASH. NOOOOO FLASH!!!!!!!!!" So I didn't use a flash, but everybody else did, but I was so afraid I'd get the boot, so I used no flash. Sad
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, the reverb on the output made it sound 10x better than just a flat soundboard recording. The main thing that mixing would benefit would be evening out the vocals and music. With something like a firepod, you could get everything mixed perfectly, but even with two separate outputs a lot could be accomplished.

Also, I suppose a DVD would be too small for 720p video (at least whole concert.)

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

i guess there's no chance the fans could get a soundboard recording of an eisley performance? I've always wanted to learn the piano parts and they are mixed low on the album.

oh whats weird is seeing a stacy wearing a shirt that looks just like mine.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Ooooh. That looked niiice. And Stacy sounded...jumpy? Like she was hopping up and down while singing. Laughing
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

pzykotic wrote:
I also met a really nice girl named Courtney, but I forgot to ask if she went to the Eisley forum. She got mistaken for one of the band members a few times at the merch table, it was pretty funny. Also she loves Kashmir, Eisley, Radiohead, and has an iPhone (like me!) so she totally rules obviously. Show yourself if you do frequent the board! Smile

If I'm thinking of the same person, she wore the white shirt and vest?

She looked like a cross between Stacy and Nicky Hilton. That is a good thing.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
johnip
Vintage Newbie

sounds and looks awesome, and you don't need a super computer to watch it... my 3 year old computer played it just fine. Smile
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Holy crap that's awesome! Thank you!

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Very nice. Can you upload a whole song? It'd be about a 300 MB download for a 3 1/2 minute long song. Pretty big but it'd be cool.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

wow!! chauntelle is rockin'!! Shocked

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!