20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

So someone threatens to shoot you and your friends on a college campus
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

There needs to be a bit more to this for me to vote in that poll. What happens after the threat? And more importantly, who is it that may or may not be kicked out?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I voted Not Get Kicked out, but it depends really. I agree, more information does need to be provided.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It would definitely depend on many factors. Especially if you're asking because this just happened.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

This did just happen to me and three friends, and after reporting it he did not end up getting kicked out which really pisses me off. He did not get kicked out because apprently the dsiciplinary board at our school said they found inconsistancies within our testimonies which is crap.

The threat was serious and direct. He was not joking around or aything. He said he had a gun and if we did a certain thing (long story) he would hunt us down and shoot us.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

One important thing to consider is that getting kicked out of college certainly won't protect you necessarily. What you should be concerned about is your own safety, not whether he gets kicked out of school or not.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Wow, what a bunch of f****** idiots. Was VT not enough?

He should definitely be expelled. Have you gone to the police with this?

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
One important thing to consider is that getting kicked out of college certainly won't protect you necessarily. What you should be concerned about is your own safety, not whether he gets kicked out of school or not.
No, but neither will a restraining order, really. It's a precaution, and if someone seriously threatens to kill you, things need to be done to prevent it, like involving the authorities and your school. Even a suspension 'til things were figured out. (Unless that already happened?)
france
Golly, Poster

Reply to my pm, jerk!

tahruh wrote:
Can we play Twister? PLEASE!! I'm really good. Watch me twist!
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

That actually just happened last night at my school. My old roommate is a heroine addict and was vomitting and throwing a tantrum outside my old apartment and her bf threatened to shoot my old neighbor. She's like some kind of heiress though so the school won't kick her out. I wish schools took things like this more seriously. My school won't kick you out unless you're making bombs in your dorm room which actually happened last year.
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

thats like yelling "Bomb" on a plane. action needs to be taken.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Wow, what a bunch of f****** idiots. Was VT not enough?

He should definitely be expelled. Have you gone to the police with this?

I told the head of the disciplinary board when i met again with her this morning that most likely nothing was going to happen, but if he did pull a gun on people and began to shoot then it would be on her!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

starbucksgod wrote:
This did just happen to me and three friends, and after reporting it he did not end up getting kicked out which really pisses me off. He did not get kicked out because apprently the dsiciplinary board at our school said they found inconsistancies within our testimonies which is crap.

The threat was serious and direct. He was not joking around or aything. He said he had a gun and if we did a certain thing (long story) he would hunt us down and shoot us.

Tell the local newspaper. The media sure might like to know about a school ignoring death threats in the wake of the VT tragedy ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

There is a BIG difference between being afraid and being in danger. It sounds like the guy was investigated and they didn't find any reason to kick him out. Maybe you should try to resolve the situation like an adult instead of trying to ruin this guy's life. Trying to use the VT tragedy sounds like a low-blow to me. I was accused of things that I didn't do after the Columbine, so I'm a little sympathetic. If I am wrong here please explain the whole situation.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere