Laughing City
Kspice
Golly, Poster

During my nursing clinicals I have found out how true it is that sooo many people get terribly depressed during Christmas time. And can understand why so many people just want the Holidays to be over.

I just wanted to say that this picture encompasses the sadness of this time of year in many ways.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/2102293535/

pollyanna87
Sea Post King

It's very true. I was actually like that as a child. Christmas was always a very depressing time of year for me because my mom would always get depressed. I'm glad things have changed for her, but they have yet to change for me.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i feel so bad for sherri.
it makes me sad knowing she's not happy!
i want to give her a gift! it's killing me, i hope she feels better soon.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

her new pictures are amazing!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i like her pictures...i enjoy the one where she comments abour how emo she is being.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/2103074948/in/set-72157603 436661853/

i like that one a lot.

does anyone know if she manipulates them or do they just come out like that? i'm terrible at being able to see photoshopped pictures.

norad
Vintage Newbie

I wonder if all the people feeling sorry for her make her feel better. Laughing
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

dont_panic wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/2103074948/in/set-7 2157603436661853/

i like that one a lot.

does anyone know if she manipulates them or do they just come out like that? i'm terrible at being able to see photoshopped pictures.

"taken with mac's photobooth in my parents living room on my birthday and photoshopped not to suck. " http://www.flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/2084818515/in/set-72157603 381283787/
norad
Vintage Newbie

dont_panic wrote:

Well she probably did a few things in photoshop. But she did long exposures at night so they just sort of look cool like that.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Those are really great. And I don't think it's the holidays that are the pinpoint of her sadness.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
dont_panic wrote:

Well she probably did a few things in photoshop. But she did long exposures at night so they just sort of look cool like that.

Yeah, I'd say they're almost certainly tweaked, because I've never seen something come off a camera looking quite like that. But I could be wrong. Anyhow, it's more of a subtle edit; something I've yet to accomplish (I tend to go way over the top on photoshop).

Protocol Droid

vivalaspopie wrote:
patrock wrote:
dont_panic wrote:

Yeah, I'd say they're almost certainly tweaked, because I've never seen something come off a camera looking quite like that. But I could be wrong. Anyhow, it's more of a subtle edit; something I've yet to accomplish (I tend to go way over the top on photoshop).

Most photographers (even good ones) come out with a mix of what's on the camera and what happens during processing. This is true of all photographers, too. It holds true for digital and film processing.

Long exposures get some amazing light, and I'd guess she probably shoots RAW (since her father does), which will lend her an even greater amount of light to work with. Get that light into some good image editing software, and you can do great things with it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:
Those are really great. And I don't think it's the holidays that are the pinpoint of her sadness.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
patrock wrote:
dont_panic wrote:

Most photographers (even good ones) come out with a mix of what's on the camera and what happens during processing. This is true of all photographers, too. It holds true for digital and film processing.

Long exposures get some amazing light, and I'd guess she probably shoots RAW (since her father does), which will lend her an even greater amount of light to work with. Get that light into some good image editing software, and you can do great things with it.

thanks for the info, guys.

i'm taking photo next semester and i'm so excited to mess around!

haileyisonfire
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:

What is RAW?