Laughing City
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Ok, I read somewhere about Sherri getting a new camera sometime soon... I think it started with an "H" but I'm not sure.
pzy
Wookie Luke

I dunno if she's planning on upgrading any time, but flickr says her camera is a Nikon D50:

http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d50/

johnip
Vintage Newbie

Holga.
Golly, Poster

johnip wrote:
Holga.

thank you! all I could think was "Hummer" and I knew that wasn't right.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
johnip wrote:
Holga.

thank you! all I could think was "Hummer" and I knew that wasn't right.

I think she might have used a Holga-style effect on those. Though I think she might be getting one. I dunno. I forget where I heard that.

But, NEVER GET A HOLGA AT URBAN OUTFITTERS. Buy it from a camera shop, or you're getting ripped off so bad for those plastic hunks of crap that make such charming pictures.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I think I read something somewhere about a pink Holga camera. Maybe I made it up, or it wasn't connected with Eisley, but I think it was.
Sea Post King

pzykotic wrote:
I dunno if she's planning on upgrading any time, but flickr says her camera is a Nikon D50:

im not sure if its the same camera but boyd uses a d50 also.

they don't make d50's anymore (u can find em places tho). if i were you id get a canon rebel my friend just got one and its great

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Rob3ccd wrote:
pzykotic wrote:

im not sure if its the same camera but boyd uses a d50 also.

they don't make d50's anymore (u can find em places tho). if i were you id get a canon rebel my friend just got one and its great

Canon and Nikon are like apples and oranges to me--they both have faults and benefits that basically cancel each other out--but there's such a huge schism among pro and amateur photographers. My friend Laura is a die-hard Canoner, while my friend Mel swears by Nikon. There's no middle ground; it seems like you have to love one and hate the other.

I must admit though, when I held a Canon Rebel XTI, it felt like it was made of the same cheapo plastic as my guitar tuner, whereas the D80 next to it was like holding a precision mechanical instrument that could help me find my way out of the woods on a moonless night. I've been warned that Nikon's customer service is awful though, so caveat emptor. I'll probably just get a Canon someday because the XTI is so bloody cheap at Best Buy.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The D80 is a step up (I think) from the D40/50 and XTI level, to be fair. I have used Canon and Nikon extensively. They trade out being "the best" or breaking even. But the one thing Nikon rules on is controls. Their controls are kind of like a Mac, whereas Canons are like PCs. They both do the same thing, they just take different ways about it. Canon was way ahead digitally, but I think Nikon has essential closed the gap again. These are good times for consumers looking for a DSLR. ha

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
I think I read something somewhere about a pink Holga camera. Maybe I made it up, or it wasn't connected with Eisley, but I think it was.

I remember reading about her waiting for her pink Holga to come in too.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
kiko
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
The D80 is a step up (I think) from the D40/50 and XTI level, to be fair

in my camera shop those three cameras are on different levels,

*the nikon d40 is seen as an entry level dslr, great for people just getting going in photography having a good set of stats in a light weight body.

*the canon 400d(rebel xti)/ nikon d40x are seen as an enthusiast level dslr which gives you a few more features (i.e. 10 megapixel and 3 frames per second) still in a lightweight body

*the nikon d80 is a semi-professional studio camera, bigger camera (nicer to hold for longer) better built (metal alloy body), more weather sealed, more frames per second. all round better camera,

not sure about the d50 as i've never seen one, but looking at the stats online it looks similar to the d40 but better. if you went to get a nikon i'd probably go for the d70 or d80 as the best lowest of their range, if that was too expensive then you've gotta go canon.. thats my personal opinion, tho the amount of people i sell cameras too that are only looking at the price annoy me...!!get a good camera.. arrrgghh!!!

smile Very Happy