Laughing City
fernster
Sea Post King

yeah ok so,

Date, live or recording, and what happened and what you felt.

Me,
saw them in 2005. the Switchfoot tour.
NEVER heard of them.
Was blown away and fell instantly in love with
the songs and voices...... I've been stuck here since! sheeesh

Envenomed627
Sea Post King

The first time I heard them, some girl I liked gave me a CD a while ago, and I guess the lovey dovey vibe of the event and the album just went so great together. First time I SAW them me and my friends went to see them in NYC, we were standing outside of irving plaza and we look and the girls are on their cell phones, absorbed in conversation and walk by us... we all looked at each other like.... whoa.. eislleeyy
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

September 23rd, 2003. After an exhaustive search of my hometown, I finally found the Laughing City EP at Borders and bought it without any idea of what Eisley sounded like because I'd been reading so much about them over the last couple of months. I plugged the CD into my car stereo on the way home. It was dusk, and the first notes of "I Wasn't Prepared" floored me. I probably shouldn't have driven while listening to that song the first time because it was such an emotional experience.

A year later I saw them live for the first time and I was walking by the venue in the afternoon just as the band had pulled in and started unloading their gear. I had my Eisley shirt on (the "Gwyneth" with the logo on a slate background) and Chauntelle saw me walking over and struck up a conversation, forever cementing her place in my mind as the Nicest Person Ever. It was an awesome first show, and I got a signed poster that still hangs on the wall in my music room.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dD_Daz
Sea Post King

It was January 2004, I'd just been playing Resident Evil Zero for the GameCube while the film "Red Planet" was shown on TV (I dunno why I remember these details). Anyway I went on my computer and on Windows Media Player daily "Media Guide" page thing (you know what I mean right?) there was a still shot from "Marvelous Things" video featured on the front page, it was either a shot of Stacy at the keyboard or the Happy Birthday hats, I don't remember but I was intrigued so clicked on it and BAM! after watching I instantly rewatched several times. The imagery in the video and the vocals just blew me away, so I was instantly a fan.

I still remember that night so well, ha memories. Yeah then I came to the site and found out info on other songs, and fell in love with the EP version of Telescope Eyes.

At that time New Found Glory was my favourite band, and so the next year (I think it was 2005) when Eisley were announced for the Back To Basics tour I couldn't believe how two of my favourite bands (and an unlikley match musically) were touring together, it was awesome, cept obviously me living in the UK meant I couldn't see them together Sad

But luckily I managed to see them for the first time supporting TBS in the UK which was an extra added bonus as they were announced AFTER I had bought my ticket for that show. My first live Eisley experience though very short was pretty magical to say the least.

And I'm done! </long post no one should actually bother to read>

I last saw Eisley: The Fly, London, UK
Joined: 17 May 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
sun_feet
Sea Post King

Well, I first saw them when I saw the Marvelous Things video on Launch (Yahoo! music thing, you know) shortly after they'd gotten that "Who's Next" thing done and decided to get my hair done like Sherri's in that video. I really loved them, and bought the CD...oddly enough, I went through a period of disliking them for some strange reason...Really, just for a few months, I think. Eventually, thank goodness, I came to my senses and rediscovered my love for them and then first saw them live when they played ACL in 2005.

Good thing I've seen the error in my devilish ways!!
Where else would I be if I hadn't?!?!
NO WHERE! hahaha
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I first discovered Eisley sometime in December 2006 on YouTube. The little preview image for their New Year's video kept showing up and I just kept ignoring it. I thought it was just a home movie for a family named Eisley and I didn't really care what their hopes and dreams were for 2007 or think it was any of my business. But it kept showing up and Chauntelle and Sherri looked cute sitting on that swing so I finally clicked it. I still didn't realize it was a band for awhile cause they talk faster than normal Texans hah and I couldn't understand what they were saying really. Then it showed them in the studio with "Come Clean" playing and I was like "Oh, it's a folksy blue-grass band" but it had a certain sound that made it good to me. Then "Marsh Kings Daughter" started playing and I was perplexed at how much I was liking it. But when I heard "Oh something's not right.." I was hooked. I went searching on Youtube for a video of that song but of course "Invasion" wasn't even out yet but I saw Sherri's knees, clicked and was blown away by the "Marvelous Things" video. So that infamous old New Years promo actually worked on me, I'm glad it was featured on Youtube.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
norad
Vintage Newbie

I saw something about them on a Brand New LJ community. I thought it said Ensley 'cause that's a street in my town and I read things wrong all the time. I figured it out though. I remember watching the Marvelous Things video at MTV.com and thinking that they all looked a lot alike. Then I read their bio and was like "Oh, that makes sense!". I was between 9th and 10th grade when that happened. The old old website was still up and everything! Pre-Room Noises! Actually, when I went to go buy it that was the day it came out (I guess I had good timing and found them a few weeks before RN came out). It wasn't even shelved yet. But they were just about to and the girl at Borders got it off the cart for me. So that was like 4 or 5 years ago I think. They completely changed my taste in music (thank god). I've seen them twice now and in April a third time and maaaaaybe a fourth if my dad really wants to go to St. Louis. Laughing
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I first heard them a few years ago and I had that yahoo launch video thing minimized and it was playing random music and the Marvelous Things video came on and as soon as Stacy's "aah's" started up I was like "Wait, what is this?" and I opened it and watched it and freaked out, and then I watched it a second time, and then I looked them up... that was late '04 or early '05, before Room Noises came out, and I was trying to get my hands on as much of their music as possible and I was quite disappointed that they hadn't released a full-length yet.... they completely changed my music taste too, as after hearing them I learned that the music on the radio isn't the only music out there...
kaitlinx
Sea Post King

I have yet to see them all live as a band, I'll clarify later, but I think I first got into them when I was going through my "Girls in bands rule!" phase. I was listening to the Distillers and Tsunami Bomb and somewhere along the lines I stumbled upon Eisley while looking for other female fronted bands. I went out and bought the Marvelous Things EP and then a couple of months later I picked up Room Noises. This was in, like, 2004-2005ish. I played them A LOT and then got sort of sick of them but then I started listening to them again in late 2006 and fell in love again.

I have yet to see them live but I'm hoping I'll see them on their upcoming tour. The closest I've gotten to seeing any of them is when Sherri came out onstage to sing with New Found Glory on their song "I Don't Wanna Know" at their show in Bethlehem, PA back in May 2007. I was sooo stoked when she came out onstage because I was really hoping she would be there. That was the best concert I've been to till this day.
:D

"I'm bringing the awesome every single day, in every single way." -Mark Hoppus
woman4life
Golly, Poster

I went to see Switchfoot at the Salt Air Pavilion. Since someone mentions the tour was 2005, I'm guessing that's when it was. LOL I was really very torn over seeing Switchfoot or Petra's last tour, and after a very long time I finally decided to go with Switchfoot. The funny thing is I was actually working for catering/hospitality for Petra. So, I ditched Petra to go see Switchfoot. But I did drive up to Idaho a week later to see Petra, so I got the best of both. And I discovered Eisley at the Switchfoot concert. I didn't see where to merch tables were, so I didn't end up getting a cd until later, but I bought the cd, and now I have Combinations as well - two copies, one for me and one for my husband. He loves Eisley (hates concerts and crowds, though, so you'll probably never see him there.)

And while I was "reliving" this time, I remembered that I discovered two other bands about the same time. Farewell June was opening for Petra, and I fell in love with them at soundcheck. And I'd just heard a song of Mute Math's because I checked them out via a recommendation on another forum, and the very next night they opened for Mae at the same venue and I was there. I pretty much fell in love with them as well. Smile

So, the week I discovered Eisley was a great week for music in my life. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Saw them when they were touring with the Fray last July. I wasn't a fan at the time so I don't remember much. What I do remember is Stacy saying before playing Invasion how this might be her last show cuz she's was losing her voice(she was joking obviously) I just remember hearing the most beautiful voices ever during their set.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I found them when Telescope Eyes was on the iTunes single of the week. I was hooked. Smile I went on an internet scavenger hunt the other day to find out when that was and finally came across it. March 22, 2005.
Vintage Newbie

I first heard about them circa 2002 from a close friend's friend who was nuts about them at the time. So I figured I would check them out because we had similar taste in music, so I downloaded I Wasn't Prepared (because it had the most downloads at the time), and it instantly hit me. I really liked them.
But it wasn't too caught up with the band until the Hot Hot Heat tour when I heard more stuff and met the band.

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

A friend sent me I Wasn't Prepared March 8th or 9th, 2005 (I can narrow it down to those 2 days only because I know I signed up for this forum one or two days later). My first thought was my friend really doesn't understand my taste in music. Very Happy

Then a funny thing happened. I listened to the song a few times and decided to download Room Noises even though I still wasn't convinced. I couldn't stop listening to it but it took me weeks to find a CD in a local record store.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Feb. 2005, having coffee at Barnes and Noble. They were playing Room Noises, as they do when new releases just come in. I listened to Brightly Wound, and by the time Lost at Sea started playing I was on my feet heading over to the music department. "What is that!" I asked the women at the counter and she held up Room Noises. "I want IT was my reply!" Being a new release it was also on sale. But if she'd said it was a deluxe CD and cost $50.00, I would have paid it gladly. I'd been waiting all my life for it!!