Laughing City

What kind of animal should my next pet be?
Guinea pig!
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Rabbit :)
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
other...?
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 31

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

OK, so I have two fish... I love having pets to take care of and my fish are rockin' in the personality dept. but I'm looking for another small, somewhat lowkey, furry & loving pet... I would love to get a dog but I live in an apartment, work most days/long hours, and so on.

So I'm thinking guinea pigs... rabbit... that sort of thing.

I've never had either, but my brothers had hamsters. I just want something cute and cuddly but independent enough to be OK on its own for most of the day.

What do you think?
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I hated my guinea pigs when I was younger so i'm going to gamble and say go with a rabbit.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

Don't get a Guinea Pig! I had 4 of them and they stopped looking cute to me after a couple months haha.

Rabbits are cute and softer. Plus they hop and have scrunchy noses. And they can be potty trained so they can run around your house!

But I think they're really social animals and like to be in groups, so you should probably get two..

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Ha! Thanks! My husband's not wild about the idea of having a guinea pig... he says they make weird noises.

I'm thinking rabbit, too. They're so cute.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Bunneh.
Guinea pigs are LOUD. They squeal all the time--one of my friends had some when I was young, and I hated sleeping over at her house.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I've never had rabbits. Do they have much of a personality and like affection? To me they look kind of dim and oblivious to the people around them. I suppose people think the same thing about cats, unless you have them, you can't really see much personality.

This reminded me of an interesting video that's not really related to anything except it has rabbits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVb3t560oY

This one's funny, I like the little dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826ziZk0pmY

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Last edited by Nowhere Man on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

It seems like rabbits are a popular choice... I had one when I was a kid and all I remember is that he was mean and pooped a lot.

You didn't mention a cat?

ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

Nowhere Man wrote:
I've never had rabbits. Do they have much of a personality and like affection? To me they look kind of dim and oblivious to the people around them. I suppose people think the same thing about cats, unless you have them, you can't really see much personality.

This reminded me of an interesting video that's not really related to anything except it has rabbits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVb3t560oY

I really think that all animals have varying personalities, not just domestic ones, i.e. cats and dogs.

Although I've never had a rabbit, I would assume that each one has a different personality or temperament.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:
It seems like rabbits are a popular choice... I had one when I was a kid and all I remember is that he was mean and pooped a lot.

You didn't mention a cat?

Yeah, I have a hard time trusting cats... never been much of a cat person.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Get a rat.
Get two rats.

They're absolutely wonderful. they're super intelligent, friendly, potty-trainable, social, and independent if need be.

seriously, I considered getting a rat for years; I finally did about a year ago, and I'm in love. I have three now.

they don't take much maintenance and it's honestly like having a small dog. they're just that smart and social.

another good option would be a ferret, if it's legal where you live.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

PUG!
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

if you get a rabbit, dont get a female one. they are biotches. I picked guniea pigs because i think they are adorable
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

I'm not a fan of animals that have to be mostly kept in cages, I just feel like I'd be disconnected from them.

Apart from that what about a ferret, they're fun right?

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

I heard about a ferret eating a baby's toes once... freaked me out. I know any animal could do this, but it's stuck with me

I went to the petstore tonight and the rabbits were cute but not interested in me. The guinea pigs were mean to each other! One was kinda cute, but eh.

So I got a short-haired hamster... he was huddled in the corner by himself... SO cute. He's sweet too...

now if I can just figure out how to attach the dang water bottle to his cage and get the door to close without ruining the whole thing : P
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

RachelDldy wrote:
I heard about a ferret eating a baby's toes once... freaked me out. I know any animal could do this, but it's stuck with me

I went to the petstore tonight and the rabbits were cute but not interested in me. The guinea pigs were mean to each other! One was kinda cute, but eh.

So I got a short-haired hamster... he was huddled in the corner by himself... SO cute. He's sweet too...

now if I can just figure out how to attach the dang water bottle to his cage and get the door to close without ruining the whole thing : P

Buy another hamster! I always feel bad when people buy one animal that has to be kept in a cage. I feel like they get lonely haha.

goto page
 | next >>