Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Will the Cubs win the World Series in 2008?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 53

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Cubs were 6-1 when I bumped this. They are now 23-6, and going for the sweep today against the Nationals. Arrietta on the mound. Yea, he's 6-0 in his first 6 starts with one of them being his second no hitter, 0.84 ERA this year, continuing where he left off last year (Cy Young last year). I've said it many times before, but this time it might actually be true. This is the year!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I think you need to start a new thread so you can start another poll. You never know right? Don't want to jinx it, but it's not like I would need to...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Gotta say, I'm super digging the Cubs this year. I knew good things were coming with that manager change. As a Yankees fan, I've begrudgingly loved Maddon for years.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Cubs going to the World Series with the best record in baseball, first World Series since 1945. May have been premature saying Kyle Schwarber out with a season ending injury in my April 12th post. He missed the rest of the regular season, but he may be on the 25 man roster for the World Series, possible DHing tomorrow. Despite being rusty, he would probably be an upgrade over the others we could plug in to DH (he hit 5 home runs in the playoffs last year). We will see. Go Cubs! John Lester is the game 1 starter.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Well if anyone wants to know why I didn't bother starting another thread, I don't want to jinx it of course... Cubs fan after all. But Cubs forced game 6 in an exciting win at Wrigley last night. Of course this forum is dead when the Cubs actually may win the World Series (not one post in any thread in a week)... Laughing oh well. Go Cubs Go! Yea, I know I'm talking to myself on this forum. Crazy stuff happens when you get old and senile... Laughing
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

As a Cardinals fan, last night was a bad dream. But as a long time Tampa Bay fan, I knew that if anyone could do it Joe could, and he just might. Good luck!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
As a Cardinals fan, last night was a bad dream. But as a long time Tampa Bay fan, I knew that if anyone could do it Joe could, and he just might. Good luck!

Thanks, Mike. I was doubting when I thought he pulled Lester too early in game 5, but Joe was right. Looking back at the Cubs last run in 2003, we left Pryor is game 6 of that NLCS too long which, among all the other things, was probably what cost us that game. Nice to have a manager who is not as reluctant to pull the starter. Of course, it's an easier move for Maddon with the bullpen the 2016 Cubs have. Odds are still only about 30% that the Cubs will pull this off, but this Cubs team believes and a lot of that is the work of the manager. Just a 3 game win streak (and only 2 more to go), one of many the Cubs have had this season, is all that is needed. Keep it simple and play smart. And please Baez, lay off that curve ball in the dirt!
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

World series game 7! That's sweet in any case, but this...is unbelievable!!! The two thirstiest teams in baseball, meeting tonight, game 7. I still can't believe my senses. It's like something out of a fantasy novel. Didn't see this coming Surprised
johnip
Vintage Newbie

They did it Cubs!
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES!

Ha, first thing I thought of.

Congrats!

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Thanks. Yes, they did! Almost gave me a heart attack, looked like they were going to blow it. But just made the win all the more special. Glad I don't have to wait my whole lifetime like so many other Cubs fans have.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Red Socks, White Socks, Cubs. Any Baseball curses left?

Enjoy the afterglow Cubs fans. Come April it starts anew!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Red Socks, White Socks, Cubs. Any Baseball curses left?

Enjoy the afterglow Cubs fans. Come April it starts anew!

After this, I think the Indians have the longest without a World Series win, since 1948. Cubs looking strong for years to come even after the handful of 1 year contracts leave. Many young players will be on this team for a long time to come. And despite all this, they didn't blow up their farm system to win a championship like so many teams do. They still have one of the strongest minor league squads in baseball.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Well the Cubs have at long last won the World Series and that's cause for celebration But now we have no more "wait until next year!" I mean, is that going to take away a great deal of excitement out of Baseball? I don't know. But it just might be the 'end of the world as we know it.'

Laughing

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndCLlRrtSlQ

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>