Laughing City

Should I stick to going in in the afternoon or should I try for a morning sched.?
Stick with the afternoon sched... it's easier.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Go for a morning schedule!
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 24

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Here's the deal: I've been working a 6-hr schedule (4pm-10pm) for the last couple months. They're switching things up and making us choose new scheds (overhaul)... I finally have the chance to jump for an AM schedule but I find myself wimping out a little.

I'm a bit of a nightowl... I like the idea of going in early and getting off early though(before 5pm)...
sully_51
Golly, Poster

Go for the morning!

I'm (un)lucky enough to have to work all three shifts...and I definitely prefer the mornings. Which is why I'm working on getting mornings only now. Hopefully soon...:S

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

having a regular morning schedule is a luxury.
it helps me keep a schedule, and I get more done during the day, when I'm forced to wake up earlier than I normally would.
Free Evenings are awesome, too!
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

cynlovescandy wrote:
having a regular morning schedule is a luxury.
it helps me keep a schedule, and I get more done during the day, when I'm forced to wake up earlier than I normally would.
Free Evenings are awesome, too!

Yes, I'm hungry for free evenings... I feel like going into work in the afternoon and working late just eats up the whole friggin' day. I sure do like staying up late though agh. Lazy bones me.

edit... so top 60 choices... first 3 are for a 9-2 spot (that would be heavenly and too good to actually happen) and the next bazillion are for afternoons so I can have a chance of having at least 1 day off with my boi.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I'd go for the morning, it feels better. Like when I have free periods in the afternoon, I can leave thinking I still have the rest of the day to do stuff!
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

if you work in the mornings you don't have to close! Very Happy
i f*cking hate closing.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

yeah i agree with everyone else. work mornings. then you have the day to do other stuff.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

If you work in food service, do mornings. If you work almost anywhere else, stick with the afternoon. I'm in love with my 2nd shift at a print shop, mostly because I get to miss Nashville rush hour completely.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Lantz wrote:
if you work in the mornings you don't have to close! Very Happy
i f*cking hate closing.

Oh I agree. Luckily my job doesn't include that bollocks anymore.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I think the poll results answer your question.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I think statistically, most people in the world work 9am to 5pm or there abouts, because it most closely conforms to our circadian rhythm. Even though the traffic is logically the busiest at these times, physically and psychologically it's best for us.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

mikep0922 wrote:
I think statistically, most people in the world work 9am to 5pm or there abouts, because it most closely conforms to our circadian rhythm. Even though the traffic is logically the busiest at these times, physically and psychologically it's best for us.
Doctors caution diabetics not to work the night shift for that very reason!

See, I hit 'quote' instead of 'edit', because at this time of night I'm out of my rhythm!

Last edited by mikep0922 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I love second shift, but it's not for everyone. And if they aren't paying you a shift differential for working second shift, you may want to go to first. I get paid 7.5% more than my base salary, plus free parking because I work second shift.
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Weeell, I turned in my packet of choices today... I filled in 81 spots. All I can do now is cross my fingers and pray I get the 9am Smile