Laughing City

Out of the Three Bands Touring with Eisley, Which is Your Favorite?
The Envy Corps
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Vedera
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
The Myriad
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

So along with the amazing band Eisley, three bands are currently on tour:Vedera, The Envy Corps and The Myriad (as I'm sure you are all quite aware...anyways...). I was wondering which of the three are the most liked by my fellow fans. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by OrangeGold&Green on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Vedera, then The Myriad. Then...the Envy Corps, I guess. They're not bad, but definitely not a personal favorite. I love the other two though.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The Envy Corps. I have no desire to check the other two out.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I thought Vedera was great, and of the three, I liked them the most. Kristen's voice is amazing. I wasn't too into the Myriad live (partially because I couldn't because the bass overpowered their entire set for our show... and I almost got blown away -- literally, for standing next to the speakers). And as far as the Envy Corps, I'm kind of neutral about them. I didn't think they were amazing, but I didn't think they were bad either.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Vedera by far. Heath-Hanson owns everyone.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Okay, now you have to choose who you like better live and then who you like better..well...not live..haha
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

Heath-Hanson was exactly what I was thinking. Except I don't think he owns. Now.. that temporary(?) bass player for the Envy Corps was all kinds of adorable in a very nerdy sort of way.

And to answer your question, OrangeGold&Green, I still pick Vedera.

OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:
patrock wrote:

And to answer your question, OrangeGold&Green, I still pick Vedera.

Cool. =) Isn't it nice when a band sounds just as good live, as they do on their album(s)? I think so..yay!

Last edited by OrangeGold&Green on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

The Envy Corps, i didn't really like the other two bands. no offense, just nothing about their music made me want more. I was actually kind of anticipating their sets to be over. But not The Envy Corps, i loved their's, although i wish it could've been longer.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

The Envy Corps, easily. Melee would be a close second if they hadn't dropped off, though.
Vintage Newbie

The Envy Corps and Vedera were great. The Myriad was good, but they didn't really do much for me except for one song.
Sea Post King

Wow. No one seemed to dig either The Myriad or The Envy Corps very much. I for one fell in love with both these bands. Most especially The Myriad. I saw both the Atlanta and Birmingham shows and I was excited to see The Myriad more than any of the other bands(including Eisley, please don't hurt me. Maybe it was a fluke?) the second night. There live show was just awesome. I spoke with their singer during Eisley's set while I was pre-ordering their new album and he was very nice. Really enjoyed their set. They have a slight similarity to Muse. And I enjoyed The Envy Corps live. They were fun and their lead singer was sarcastic and very funny(he joked about the lack of people by saying the band would take on the crowd in a basketball game). I've never been to a show where I enjoyed the entire line-up. This tour is one that will be really hard to beat.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I haven't checked out the bands yet, and so I'm just going to be surprised tomorrow at my show. Jamie, however, has told me that the The Myriad (I think it was them) has a cover of "Perfect" by the Smashing Pumpkins on their MySpace, sooo that kinda earned them cool points in my book. Smile
superhits
Sea Post King

The Myriad and then Vedera. I like the Envy Corps on studio quality audio, but seeing them didn't cut it for me.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm going to see if this post works the second time around (the forum quit for me the first time):

Vedera, The Myraid. In that order. I'm getting about equally excited for both by now. ha.

Kylee Janai wrote:
I haven't checked out the bands yet, and so I'm just going to be surprised tomorrow at my show. Jamie, however, has told me that the The Myriad (I think it was them) has a cover of "Perfect" by the Smashing Pumpkins on their MySpace, sooo that kinda earned them cool points in my book. Smile

Heh. I knew you'd appreciate that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address