Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
however, if you've read the caption or whatever, this photo is an OLD shot, it says somewhere on the flickr page with that picture on it.

She still has that hair color though.
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Yes her hair is great, but any tips from the ladies on how I could get Sherri's sweet 'stache?
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Feria Chocolate Cherry plus about one week of shampooing will give most people Sherri's current hair color.

However, I wouldn't recommend using it, because Feria is a horrible product that will strip your hair, and after a month you will very likely have nasty orangey red hair, that won't bleach out.

I recommend using a semi permanent burgundy dye, and buying a red rinse shampoo, to keep the red vibrant.

Then again, it all depends on your hair type.

Get it professionally done, especially if you are looking on the internet for suggestions on how to dye your hair. you probably don't have enough experience to do it on your own, unless you are okay with having incredibly damaged hair. Plus, most salons can make you a custom made shampoo to keep the red in.

For the 'stache, maybe some black liner. Laughing
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
sun_feet
Sea Post King

It's burgundy. My hair's the same colour and that's the dye colour I use.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i thought most people in this thread were British:

coloUr?

Laughing

or am i ignorant to certain instances when you do use the 'u?'

norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
coloUr?
Laughing

It's a British thing. I think it's annoying when Americans type like that though...'cause "it's cool". Rolling Eyes
ashstars
Sea Post King

cynlovescandy wrote:
Feria Chocolate Cherry plus about one week of shampooing will give most people Sherri's current hair color.

However, I wouldn't recommend using it, because Feria is a horrible product that will strip your hair, and after a month you will very likely have nasty orangey red hair, that won't bleach out.

I recommend using a semi permanent burgundy dye, and buying a red rinse shampoo, to keep the red vibrant.

Then again, it all depends on your hair type.

Get it professionally done, especially if you are looking on the internet for suggestions on how to dye your hair. you probably don't have enough experience to do it on your own, unless you are okay with having incredibly damaged hair. Plus, most salons can make you a custom made shampoo to keep the red in.

For the 'stache, maybe some black liner. Laughing

I love Feria....I've been using it for about 2 years and never had any probs. Its one of the best at home hair color products I've used. (it smells so good too!) Most of the L'oreal line is really good. Maybe you just had a bad experience with it?

I've been coloring my hair myself for about 10 years now, so I'm pretty accustomed to the process. I just wanted to know if anyone had a similar hair color to Sherri's and what color they used so I could take a look. But I think I will probably end up using a semi-permanent dye because my hair is already brownish red so it shouldn't take much to kick it up to that cherry shade. If I like it enough I'll go permanent.

ashstars
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
coloUr?
Laughing

It's a British thing. I think it's annoying when Americans type like that though...'cause "it's cool". Rolling Eyes

not really Rolling Eyes i just noticed i even spelled it out like that in the title and in my first post...and not in the others. blame me for two of my closest friends being british. They're infiltrating my mind. Agh.

norad
Vintage Newbie

ashstars wrote:
patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
coloUr?
Laughing

not really :roll.

Oh no! I wasn't talking about you thinking it was cool. I meant the people who do it 'cause it's cool. Hah.
ashstars
Sea Post King

oh ok. i though i was going to smack them the next time i saw them at work.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
coloUr?
Laughing

is that the same thing with:

theater
and
theatre
Question

sun_feet
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
coloUr?
Laughing

That's how I was taught to spell it; I don't spell it that way because it's "cool" or anything. I think that's annoying, too.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Kylee Janai wrote:
I remember asking this forever ago, but I think I may have taken it to a PM, I can't remember, haha. Anyways, red hair always washes out for me and I get it professionally done so it's extra annoying (and expensive).

EisleyForever wrote:
Hers is the colour I almost always have; it looks waaay more delicious on me than any of the colours with which I occasionally experiment(among them, "Slightly less purple red" and "Slightly less red purple").

This is the dye I use -
http://164.109.83.25/

If that link doesn't work, it's called Garnier 100% color, 660 Intense Auburn. The shade on the box doesn't look exactly like Sherri's, but when I use it it looks the way hers does in that picture.
ANYWAYS
Purple-red makes me weak in the kneeses and having it with a bob totally ruuuuuuleses. Definitely trieses it.

Whooo!
As soon as I get this professional gunk outta my hair I'm going to try Garnier like I originally wanted to. I had boxes of it in my hands, but everyone told me I was crazy and that it wouldn't work, and my head would turn out lookin' crazy orange, or green.

Main point,
the color is absolutely stunnin'.

That sounds like a sweet color, I've been doing the red hair thing for a while myself. I have a question though. Is that Intense Auburn a semi-permanent dye? (because that's all I'm willing to use anymore really)
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

I'm trying out L'oreal's "intense dark red" (#RR04), it's the closest I could find to a deep almost-burgundy colour[/b]