Laughing City
JLGardell
Sea Post King

Hi everyone -
Did anyone go to the Park West Chicago show last night? It's possible that I'm losing my hearing, but I could not make out the vocals. I'm not sure if the mics needed to be turned up, the bass turned down, or I just need a hearing aide. Pretty disappointing - I wasn't able to hear the girls at all, and they're my favorite part.

J
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Most of the pop/rock shows I go to are far too loud for any practical reason. I don't know why they have to crank up 500-2000 rooms like mega stadiums.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

no i noticed that too. how close were you? that could determine it as well cause if you were right up against the stage you were inside of the speakers (aka they were poited behind you) so the sound wouldn't be as great. boyd expressed concern to me about that before the show.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i was talking to mark (sound guy) after the show, he said he thought the sound was fine after the first two songs.

i couldnt tell, i was in front, the vocals were non existant, as was sherris guitar. mainly because chauntelles amp was blasting in my face.
but it was sweet!!!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
erico
Sea Post King

I have to agree - I was about half-way back, at a table, and the sound just seemed too much for the space - which was too bad, because the band was really rockin' out.

Chauntelle's vocals on ICBTFY were amazing; she really should sing more in the future...
JLGardell
Sea Post King

I was sitting at the back actually.

Yes- Chauntelle sounded great! And I could hear the girls during the slower, softer songs. Just not when they were really rocking out. Sad
Painaporo
Sea Post King

My wife and I were up front at the Boston show and we both thought the sound was not so great. We both felt like the bass was way too loud and the vocals were hard to hear. As for being up close, I've been to two other concerts this past week where we again stood right in the front row and they both sounded great. So, standing farther away from the band is not the answer.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Being up at the front for any show is the worst possible place to be from the standpoint of listening to the music. The speakers are shooting out to behind you and you mostly just hear stage volume then. I like being up close, but I also like being able to hear everything so I think the middle is the best place to be at shows such as Eisley's. And on that note... I didn't go. Couldn't afford the tickets when they were on sale because I was saving for a trip that is now not happening.
waste of paint
Sea Post King

sounded fine to me. loud music just makes everything more intenseeeee
Vintage Newbie

waste of paint wrote:
loud music just makes everything more intenseeeee

Or painful.
JLGardell
Sea Post King

waste of paint wrote:

Loud intense music is fine with me, so long as you can hear the singers.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I thought the sound in Minneapolis was excellent. Though it seemed like they thought it might have been the best of the tour so far, so that might be why. ha. This kind of stuff happens when you're trying to figure out new things to push yourself forward, though.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I thought the sound in Minneapolis was excellent. Though it seemed like they thought it might have been the best of the tour so far, so that might be why. ha. This kind of stuff happens when you're trying to figure out new things to push yourself forward, though.

Or in the case of Milwaukee, they had to cram all their stuff onto a tiny stage, in a tiny room, and try to make the normal sound work. Sh*t Happens!! (still loving that Kim interview...) Laughing Not saying the show was bad at our local show. Just that the sound was also very big, and hard to understand everything at times.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

waste of paint wrote:

Also dangerous to everyone in the room. Music is about tension and release, if everything is so $#@! loud there is no release.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
verdantmemories
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Or in the case of Milwaukee, they had to cram all their stuff onto a tiny stage, in a tiny room, and try to make the normal sound work. Sh*t Happens!! (still loving that Kim interview...) Laughing Not saying the show was bad at our local show. Just that the sound was also very big, and hard to understand everything at times.

Yeah, my mom was complaining that she couldn't really hear Sherri's guitar, but other than that, it was pretty cool. Garron didn't feel the need to BLAST his bass like The Myriad did, so that was nice Wink

http://sarahbrown.mymarkstore.com
Joined: 20 Aug 2007 | Posts: 38 | Location: Trying to find a way above the treetops...