0%  [ 0 ]
I'm not going to see it.
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

Jared x
Lost at Forum

It was terrific.

On one hand, I'm a huge comic fan. On the other, I've never cared about this character at all. The movie was excellent though. I would even say it beats Batman Begins as best comic-based movie to date, although I expect The Dark Knight to top Iron Man.

I cannot wait for the sequel.

And if you go, stay until the credits are over.

WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

I've seen it..Robert Downey, Jr. greatly did his character, you won't regret it.. Wink

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

As a non-comic book nerd who owns one Iron Man comic book I thought the movie was decent enough. For me, 8.1/10. Great cast and acting but I felt the action was lacking. The dialogue was great. A lot of great one liners from Downey Jr. However, I didn't like the villian in the movie and the fight at the end was pretty horrible IMO. Other than that it was a good origin movie to another superhero. People were asking me if I stayed through the credits which I didn't. Supposedly some teaser appears for a sequal.
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

I want to see this movie! I don't know anything about the comic book, but I heard the movie's good.
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

Miss Pine wrote:
I want to see this movie! I don't know anything about the comic book, but I heard the movie's good.

it's true.. better than batman begins Wink

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Miss Pine wrote:

It's very much one of those comic movies that is extremely accessible to non-comic readers. You won't be sorry if you go see it. Smile

norad
Vintage Newbie

I hear lots of good things. I'll see it when it's rentable.
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

I wouldn't say it's better than Batman Begins. Batman Begins kicked ass. Probably my favorite superhero movie along with Spiderman 2.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

whatupmyasian wrote:
I wouldn't say it's better than Batman Begins. Batman Begins kicked ass. Probably my favorite superhero movie along with Spiderman 2.

Yeah, Batman Begins did kick ass. However, it had a few slow spots here and there as well as some wasted characters/casting (Katie Holmes, anyone?). They were very careful with Iron Man, and the casting was superb. Everything in Iron Man might not have been action packed, but I can't recall any moments where it was slow; the story was always entertaining and moving along. Like I said though, I will not be surprised if The Dark Knight blows Iron Man out of the water.

I also wonder how The Incredible Hulk will fair now. After that last Hulk movie with Eric Bana, people are probably going to be a bit hesitant to go see this one. Like Iron Man though, The Incredible Hulk was done in-house at Marvel, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's excellent as well.

ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

Jared x wrote:
whatupmyasian wrote:

Yeah, Batman Begins did kick ass. However, it had a few slow spots here and there as well as some wasted characters/casting (Katie Holmes, anyone?). They were very careful with Iron Man, and the casting was superb. Everything in Iron Man might not have been action packed, but I can't recall any moments where it was slow; the story was always entertaining and moving along. Like I said though, I will not be surprised if The Dark Knight blows Iron Man out of the water.

I also wonder how The Incredible Hulk will fair now. After that last Hulk movie with Eric Bana, people are probably going to be a bit hesitant to go see this one. Like Iron Man though, The Incredible Hulk was done in-house at Marvel, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's excellent as well.

I saw a trailer for The Incredible Hulk last night and it looked pretty good. I'll probably see it.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I just got back from the theater. I was really impressed. Most of the really great parts were in the trailer as I'd expected, but it was a solid movie with some very tight writing and a superb cast--though Downey outshone them all.

I saw new trailers for both The Dark Knight and The Incredible Hulk during the previews, and they both look bloated with self-importance by comparison. If the trailers are to be trusted (and Iron Man's trailer was a good indication of what was in the movie), Knight is nothing but navel-gazing about the philosophy of crimefighting and Hulk is just Edward Norton being emo for two hours. Iron Man had more realistic conflict than either of them from what I can see, and it wasn't afraid to have a little fun too.

I won't hesitate to declare it the best superhero movie of the year in advance. It's also the best superhero movie of the last five years, and heck, maybe ever.

Also, Paul Bettany was in it. Squee!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ralph
Sea Post King

You guys make me want to go see it right now.

"with the way they're playing, they should have arthritis by now"
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

wont see it
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

are you serious? the movie was average at best, with nothing really notable at all, except that it wasn't completely awful. Robert Downy Jr did give a great performance, some of the action sequences were decent, and it's an enjoyable enough complement to popcorn, but that's about all the praise i can muster! but, i'm not much of a super-hero guy — Batman was the only one i really cared about growing up, and that list hasn't grown very much since then! also, i was one of those who liked Hulk, so i'm sure that somehow completely discredits my opinion in the eyes of comic dorks everywhere…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I probably won't see it. Not a big comic turned movie fan. But maybe when it comes out on DVD.

goto page
 | next >>