Laughing City
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

at a live show the band would ask somebody in the audience to play a song with them on stage. I know some bands have done that before. That would be awesome. I know a couple of songs on the guitar. Or maybe invite some fans to play some percussion instruments or something I dunno. Unless ofcourse Eisley has done that before.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I've heard of bands inviting people to sing or stand on stage but never play instruments. Haha. That does sound interesting though. Then again, if I randomly got chosen, that would just be disastrous. I have no musical talent whatsoever.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Get me a cow bell and I'd be ready to jam.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
Get me a cow bell and I'd be ready to jam.

haha I was thinking along those same lines. I could bring my own triangle and I would rock it! Laughing

norad
Vintage Newbie

im the sea king
Golly, Poster

the ataris used to bring people up to play san dimas on guitar...i dont think they do it anymore though

wait for it

DARY!
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

im the sea king wrote:
the ataris used to bring people up to play san dimas on guitar...i dont think they do it anymore though

they did that when i saw them in like... 2003
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I saw on YouTube that Rilo Kiley brought some guy they had hung out with earlier on stage to jam out on guitar with them. It was really cool.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

i would be able to do a few songs on the keyboard or bass given that i have music/tabs in front of me. anything else would be a disaster. but i agree.. that would be cool.
Catey
Lost at Forum

I could do the tamborine whenever needed. I am musically retarded otherwise.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I always thought it would be cool if Eisley recruited freelance fans to fill out the instrumentation on tracks like "Marsh King's Daughter". They could pdf the sheet music to the players and meetup before the gig to rehearse.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I think that idea could go horribly, horribly wrong.

It's been done, sure, and often with great success. U2 do it so often that fans in the pit at their shows bring signs that say "I play ____." They pulled one guy out at random who didn't even have a sign to play keys on "Yahweh" at the show I saw, and it was all right.

As far as other people onstage with Eisley goes, I'd rather see them bring their openers out at the end of the show like they did during the Final Noise tour. That was pretty sweet.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

mewithoutYou has done this on a recent tour... not sure how they set it up but i think they got the kids to do a short audition thing before the show etc. you just gotta organize it and have fun with it... i mean if you're inviting someone else to play your music you're obviousily can't worry too much about having the perfect performance... it's all about sharing and spreading joy Smile
pumamina
Golly, Poster

I think it would be fun but something is bound to go wrong. something always does. i play like almost every instrument (keybroad, guitar, bass, drums), but i don't think any of my talent would help me with a cold playing (aanyone else?) maybe not in a show but maybe invite some people to learn to play a song or two after the show, not go on stage people watch and laugh
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

All Time Low did this a few days ago. A kid made a video on Youtube asking to play a certain song with the band, the band responded on Youtube, and let him come up and sing that one song. The video of it sounded pretty good.