Laughing City
juan_diego
Sea Post King

I have a simple writing assignement in my english class, so of course I'm writing about Eisley.

one of the paragraphs is about one of my favorite songs, Mr. Pine. honestly I know nothing about the song though, maybe some of you can help.

who wrote it? stacy, sherri? both of them? when dd they write it? what was their inspiration?

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i dont have the info for you but, after the concert on friday, i was telling my buddies (and, by my name, you know I love mr pine) that after singing "Many Funeral" and other such songs on Combinations, singing MR Pine was hilarious. Because the lyrics are so far out there compared to their newer stuff.

I have never smiled so big then on friday night as I was screaming the words
"Follow the cyrstal air to the smowflake village, where people made of gumdrops greet you merry mornings mr pine"

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
ashstars
Sea Post King

i know Stacy and Sherri both wrote Mr. Pine.
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

i remember sherri saying something about it was stacy who wrote it...based on a book she read called??? something snow??? i can't really remember, but there was a thread on this a awhile ago. click on sherri's profile and view all her posts...u'll find it somewhere...
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

emilytheanteater wrote:
i remember sherri saying something about it was stacy who wrote it...based on a book she read called??? something snow??? i can't really remember, but there was a thread on this a awhile ago. click on sherri's profile and view all her posts...u'll find it somewhere...

I think you're thinking of how Stacy wrote "Escaping Song" based on a book I think is called "The Ice People"??
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Mr. Pine is so old not really anyone but the band knows anything "deep" about it. As most of their old songs are, they could be about anything....or nothing at all, just some made up story.

You might have better luck picking one of their newer songs. Any song from Combinations. The ones about love that Sherri wrote are pretty easy. Invasion is pretty easy. Maybe I Wasn't Prepared. If I remember right, was made for a pretty deep reason.

But anything Pre-Room Noises...good luck.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

that recent radio interview link i put up gives the explanation for a few songs.
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

have you tried PM-ing boyd? he may have some insight, and heck if he isn't insanely busy he may be able to find out!

(i recommend boyd due to the fact that he is usually the most reachable)