Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Yeah. I vote no for him singing instead of stacy, but mad props for putting it out there.

Best of luck to them.
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

oOoo they fight dirty!

Hayley's been singing on "It Ain't Me Babe".

Chad played guitar on TC.

lol @ life.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
oliez
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
oOoo they fight dirty!

lol @ life.

here it goes.

we best prepare for the worst here for a couple weeks. Even though half of this isn't known by anyone except those it effects. "fans" can get crazy over people they don't even know.

Defending their music is one thing, but attacking/defending relationship issues in the faces of those included is horrible.
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

haha! i just saw the vid... chauntelle was wearing the exact same outfit she wore when i saw them in san diego. it's sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Great show, pictures to come ... probably in Trolleywood. So much fun!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Hey,

The Dallas show was my first ever Eisley concert. Briefly met Jamie, Kylie, Chasd00 (sorry, forgot real name!), and shook hands with Boyd beforehand. The concert was incredible -- I can't imagine hearing a better pop/rock concert in terms of vocals, musicianship, songwriting, and intensity all rolled into one.

As a musician, one thing that I noticed was that sometimes Sherri or Stacy would alter the rhythm of the singing just a bit -- maybe speeding up a phrase or singing just a bit behind the beat -- all in a way that sounded totally spontaneous. But what I noticed was that even when Sherri did this, when Stacy came in to harmonize (or vice versa), they were 100% together in every rhythmic alteration. I found this very impressive -- that they could create the feeling of spontaneity, but yet sing so precisely together at the same time.

That said, I do have one critical comment. Just to be clear, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the band. It has to do with the sheer volume. I hardly ever go to rock concerts, both out of laziness and because I see from YouTube how many bands are incompetent at singing live. So I'm not used to the volume. In fact, it was literally physically painful unless I held my ears shut, which was pretty awkward.

But nobody else seemed to be bothered by it. Did they all know to bring earplugs? Or is everyone just halfway deaf already? (I'm not being flippant -- people definitely lose their hearing from too much loud music: http://www.webmd.com/content/article/12/1738_50348 ) Anyway, I don't know why the guy with the Master Volume switch couldn't dial it down just a few notches -- things would still be plenty loud and intense, but it wouldn't fry the ears of the people who forgot to bring earplugs.

Anyway, sorry for a negative comment in any fashion. Again, this isn't about the band, which was awesome in every conceivable way. I'd love to hear them in a quieter format -- an acoustic show or in-store or something.

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

the show was great, they keep getting better and better. Last night was the first time i've heard Sunfeet live too! ( i called you jamiga when they were playing so if all you heard was random noise it was suppose to be Sunfeet haha)

I hooked up with Jamie, Kylee, Stuart and Boyd beforehand. That was really cool, i like meeting people and i haven't talked to Boyd in foreva. I saw my friend Felicia from Deep Ellum smoking and talked to her for a bit she said they weren't checking tickets in the Balcony so i went and sat with her and another friend Kelly for the show.

I was really hoping for Head Against the Sky but no luck. Still, they played Mr Pine which is one of my all time favorites and Memories which is awesome too.

I wanted to stay and hang out but it was already pretty late and i had had just enough to drink to know it was time to leave heh. Plus, it's like a 45 min walk back to Deep Ellum from House of Blues. ..maybe next time when they're not playing on a weeknight I can stay and hang out all night.

ps not to sound gay but Sherri's hair is hottt

Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

kylacash wrote:

Well, he ain't no Stacy, but I thought that sounded really good.

Protocol Droid

StuartBuck wrote:
That said, I do have one critical comment. Just to be clear, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the band. It has to do with the sheer volume. I hardly ever go to rock concerts, both out of laziness and because I see from YouTube how many bands are incompetent at singing live. So I'm not used to the volume. In fact, it was literally physically painful unless I held my ears shut, which was pretty awkward.

I do semi-agree. It was a tad loud, though I'm not sure I'm opposed to that. (The Myriad was louder, and I could have done with less of that.) I bring ear plugs to every show, but accidentally cleaned out my camera bag stash a little too well, and was stuck without this time. I'm usually not worried, and rarely need them for Eisley shows, But I can definitely feel some damage or whatever in my left ear. It's fairly minor, but that's the first time I think it has happened for an Eisley show that didn't involve me being pressed against a speaker. Of course, it might also be because I was against the stage and by the giant left side speakers for the whole night. It seemed like it might have been decent in the middle or back.

Did I even say anything with that post? Laughing

Anyway, it was nice to meet you! Sorry I didn't get to say bye. Things were nutty and spontaneous after the show. ha. It was cool to see people and have fun.

And I'll have pictures posted when Body makes a new entry. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

I actually think Max sounds okay with them. His voice itself is pretty interesting...
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
Laughing

No way, I won't fall asleep. I'll just talk your ear off!

So, is anyone else coming to this show? Jessica..?

Ha ha. Sounds good!

I am not sure she's reading this, but I think she's going to have to pass on the show because of work. Neutral

yeah, i did have to but thank you Kylee for calling me during Sun Feet! Very Happy like i said, made my night. ^_^

"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
brighterthansunshine wrote:
My girlfriend and I will be there

by girlfriend you mean 'imaginary' girlfriend, right?
Laughing

i'm kidding.
i'm just jealous.

girlfriend
seeing eisley
seeing eisley with girlfriend
bumping and grinding to *insert Eisley song* at Eisley concert.

"tell me what's wrong with a little grind n' bump"
-Beck

this has nothing to do with what you said there, but i honestly never made the connection between bigideas here and on moviescenester and that youre the same person. duh. i feel like a tard. hahahh

"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

fueledbyjessica wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
Laughing

No way, I won't fall asleep. I'll just talk your ear off!

So, is anyone else coming to this show? Jessica..?

Ha ha. Sounds good!

I am not sure she's reading this, but I think she's going to have to pass on the show because of work. Neutral

yeah, i did have to but thank you Kylee for calling me during Sun Feet! Very Happy like i said, made my night. ^_^

Woo!

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

The show was so much fun! Most definitely the best Eisley one so far. The band sounded amazing, and the vibe from the crowd was totally welcoming and it just added to everything. I didn't take any photos or videos worthy of sharing, but Jamie did, so THERE.

It was nice to meet you briefly Stuart, and Chad, and Teddy, haha! Smile
ashstars
Sea Post King

golly andrew wrote:
oOoo they fight dirty!

lol @ life.

Hayley is also in New Found Glory's new video for the song "Kiss Me" off of their cover's album. Confused

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>