Laughing City
charlyn
Sea Post King

just curious, is sherri really inspired by the music of billy corgan or the smashing pumpkins?i saw it somewhere...just wanna know...i am also a fan of smashing..
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

I am hated by practically everyone when I say I don't like the Smashing Pumpkins AT ALL.

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
norad
Vintage Newbie

Tim Kim wrote:
I am hated by practically everyone when I say I don't like the Smashing Pumpkins AT ALL.

Not me! I agree with what you say 100000%.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I'm not a fan either...oh well. I'm not a big fan of "classic rock." I don't hate it, I just have never had a proper introduction or found any that I'm crazy about. However I'm careful not to say that and to be sure to ask questions about the bands when people are really into it. Wink

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Whoa, this thread weirded me out. One of my coworkers was listening to "Coast to Coast" tonight and the woman he interviewed was talking about people's auras in the the form of a vortex that stretches to infinity, and then she said, "So the vortex that is me touches the vortex that is you." I immediately started singing that to the tune of "Disarm". Laughing

I'm not a Smashing Pumpkins fan at all and I don't see any influence with Eisley, except maybe that "bat with butterfly wings" line.

guitargirl wrote:
I'm not a fan either...oh well. I'm not a big fan of "classic rock." I don't hate it, I just have never had a proper introduction or found any that I'm crazy about. However I'm careful not to say that and to be sure to ask questions about the bands when people are really into it. Wink

Smashing Pumpkins are not classic rock. And God willing, they never will be.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I said I'd never had a proper introduction...guess I was right. Laughing Yeah, now that I think about it, they aren't. Grunge? ...Rock? haha. Classic Rock is like...hmm...Lynrd Skynrd, Guns 'N Roses, right?
Embarassed Laughing

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
alastica
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Whoa, this thread weirded me out. One of my coworkers was listening to "Coast to Coast" tonight and the woman he interviewed was talking about people's auras in the the form of a vortex that stretches to infinity, and then she said, "So the vortex that is me touches the vortex that is you." I immediately started singing that to the tune of "Disarm". Laughing

I'm not a Smashing Pumpkins fan at all and I don't see any influence with Eisley, except maybe that "bat with butterfly wings" line.

guitargirl wrote:

Smashing Pumpkins are not classic rock. And God willing, they never will be.

Haha. If Smashing Pumpkins are 'classic rock' these days, then I feel oh so old...

And I'm definitely a fan, by the way.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
I said I'd never had a proper introduction...guess I was right. Laughing Yeah, now that I think about it, they aren't. Grunge? ...Rock? haha. Classic Rock is like...hmm...Lynrd Skynrd, Guns 'N Roses, right?
Embarassed Laughing

Classic rock is generally any hit rock bands from the 60's and 70's (and some 80's; Journey and AC/DC come to mind). Lynyrd Skynyrd is southern rock, but they do have "rock" in their genre so they're definitely classic rock and they get played on classic rock stations a lot. Guns N' Roses suck, and they're from the 80's and 90's so they aren't classic rock in my opinion, but some classic rock stations do play them.

Many classic rock bands are British, such as Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, etc. Also there are American bands like The Eagles, Aerosmith, and ZZ Top.

Oh, and of course a classic rock station is not a classic rock station without The Beatles. Smile

Anyway, there's a little intro to classic rock. Smile
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Lol yeah, classic rock. You had me worried. Laughing Wink
Vintage Newbie

I would add The Doors, Grateful Dead, Fleedwood Mac, Jefferson Airplane, Van Halen, Rush, Jethro Tull, Stephenwolf, Deep Purple, Queen, Styx, Blue Oyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival, etc... to your list of classic rock bands. The list goes on and on.
charlyn
Sea Post King

my question was not answered, huhuhuhu
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

charlyn wrote:
my question was not answered, huhuhuhu

Sorry! Laughing Citizens get distracted so easily. Wink I don't think I've ever seen Sherri mention the Pumpkins among her influences. She has extremely broad taste in music though, so it is entirely possible.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I would add The Doors, Grateful Dead, Fleedwood Mac, Jefferson Airplane, Van Halen, Rush, Jethro Tull, Stephenwolf, Deep Purple, Queen, Styx, Blue Oyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival, etc... to your list of classic rock bands. The list goes on and on.

Yeah I was just naming a few of the big ones that came to mind. There are a TON.
charlyn
Sea Post King

she is inspired by the pumpkins, its in ebay...i foud it...hahaha..thnks everyone
norad
Vintage Newbie

charlyn wrote:
she is inspired by the pumpkins, its in ebay...i foud it...hahaha..thnks everyone

What about ebay?

goto page
 | next >>