Laughing City
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

So, my prom is tomorrow night and I have been wondering this for a while now: do you guys think Eisley songs would be good to play at prom as far as dancing is concerned? I'm coming up with a list of some songs to take myself, but what wondering what all you guys might think.

Quite frankly, I'm quite certain most people at my school know no other form of dancing other than "bumping and grinding" (which is what our principal actually called it as he outlawed it), so there is no need to worry about it not fitting into that.

Chances are, since I don't really know how to dance myself, I can't say I'll be doing much of that, but I'd still like to know that there be some good music there, as I'm expecting the rest of it be rather crappy.

Also, aside from Eisley, I'm thinking about taking some other music as well. Chances are, that will consist mostly of Muse, Mae, Keane, Feist and whatever else I might find on my computer to be suitable. We'll see what I can find.

tl;dr What do you think about playing Eisley at prom?
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Familiarity is the best thing. Dances/Prom are the time to set aside personal preferance for the majority.

IMO
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

The one dance I went to in High School, which wasn't Prom, I finally got them to play a Smashing Pumpkins song after being persistent, and most people didn't seem too annoyed.

Maybe you could request "If You're Wondering" or "Combinations" for a slow dance. I think it'd be really nice to hear and dance to!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
Maybe you could request "If You're Wondering" or "Combinations" for a slow dance. I think it'd be really nice to hear and dance to!

Yeah, Combinations might be better for a....wedding.....maybe like Taking Control would be a dance song.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

Yeah, Combinations might be better for a....wedding.....maybe like Taking Control would be a dance song.

But you know how some High School lovahs can be.. they think they murried already. Wink

Taking Control is a good one, or Mr. Pine. That makes me move alright.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
The one dance I went to in High School, which wasn't Prom, I finally got them to play a Smashing Pumpkins song after being persistent, and most people didn't seem too annoyed.

I would have said "Just like We Do". Wink

Anyway...the 'music issue' was the main reason why I didn't go to my prom. All my friends were like "It's your prom! You have to go!" Then when they came back to school on Tuesday (Monday was senior skip day) all they did was bitch about how bad the music was. jackasses! Twisted Evil

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Skip prom and listen to whatever music you want. That's what I did.
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
Familiarity is the best thing. Dances/Prom are the time to set aside personal preferance for the majority.

IMO

That was a bit vague, don't you think?

Kylee Janai wrote:

Agreed, though I'm just thinking about making some CDs with a bunch of songs on it, giving it to the person in charge of the music and let them have at it.

Pantheon4 wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

I would have said "Just like We Do". Wink

Anyway...the 'music issue' was the main reason why I didn't go to my prom. All my friends were like "It's your prom! You have to go!" Then when they came back to school on Tuesday (Monday was senior skip day) all they did was bitch about how bad the music was. jackasses! Twisted Evil

I have a feeling something similar may happen.

vivalaspopie wrote:
Skip prom and listen to whatever music you want. That's what I did.

I didn't really care to go at first, but alas, I succumbed to my friends' nagging and now this introvert is going to attempt some form of a social life for one night. Now I'm, actually looking forward to it. We'll see how it goes...

Anyway, here is my Eisley list so far.

I Wasn't Prepared
Golly Sandra
Brightly Wound
Lost at Sea
My Lovely
Just Like We Do
On Day I Slowly Floated Away
Trolleywood
Taking Control
Go Away
I Could Be There for You
Come Clean
Ten Cent Blues
Combinations
If You're Wondering

Good? Bad? Too many songs? I've only gone through the albums at the moment, so I haven't gotten to songs from any EPs and such. I intend to have a few more, especially Marsh King's Daughter. I imagine that one could be fun.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:

I Wasn't Prepared
Golly Sandra
My Lovely I always thought it was super nice @ 2:19 for some toe tappin' maybe some head boppin'.
Just Like We Do
Taking Control
Ten Cent Blues
Combinations
If You're Wondering

Good? Bad? Too many songs? I've only gone through the albums at the moment, so I haven't gotten to songs from any EPs and such. I intend to have a few more, especially Marsh King's Daughter. I imagine that one could be fun.

I edited it to the songs I felt fit for a "dance". I think Djs usually have an idea of what they are going to play, but they do take requests -hence the books they bring, so I hope they play at least one for you! Good luck!
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I would not suggest Eisley for prom. But don't not go just because you don't like the music- I never listen to rap or hip hop but I had a great time at prom nonetheless. It's time to just dress up, feel pretty, eat fun food and dance with your friends.

Music shouldn't be the reason you rule it out (not aimed toward original poster, but towards anyone).

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Kylee Janai wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

I Wasn't Prepared
Golly Sandra
My Lovely I always thought it was super nice @ 2:19 for some toe tappin' maybe some head boppin'.
Just Like We Do
Taking Control
Ten Cent Blues
Combinations
If You're Wondering

I edited it to the songs I felt fit for a "dance". I think Djs usually have an idea of what they are going to play, but they do take requests -hence the books they bring, so I hope they play at least one for you! Good luck!

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I tend to be very indecisive, so picking one or two songs over the rest will be a ton of fun >_>

I'm still going through to find a ton of other songs from other artists, so I am just making this more difficult on myself lmao

hisownshot wrote:
I would not suggest Eisley for prom. But don't not go just because you don't like the music- I never listen to rap or hip hop but I had a great time at prom nonetheless. It's time to just dress up, feel pretty, eat fun food and dance with your friends.

Music shouldn't be the reason you rule it out (not aimed toward original poster, but towards anyone).

Oh yeah, definitely. Like I said earlier, I'm mostly going to hang out with my friends for a change, rather than just sit at home and waste my life on the computer.

Besides, I'm looking forward to wearing my tux :3

Also, any particular reason you feel Eisley wouldn't be a good choice?
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:

Somehow, I believe this was pointed towards Sophie and me.
If I want to feel pretty and listen to music I don't like, I'll go to church, thank you.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
I would not suggest Eisley for prom.

'Cause that would just suck.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:
Also, any particular reason you feel Eisley wouldn't be a good choice?

Because if it's like every dance I ever went to it will be nothing but rap, hip hop, and YMCA. Oh and what ever song you do the Electric Slide to. Laughing So when something like Eisley comes on people won't know what to do.

Vintage Newbie

You can request Eisley all you want, but don't be surprised if it has lukewarm results. We aren't like the rest of the world you know. Eisley doesn't talk about pimps n hos nearly enough to be cool with the school children.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

goto page
 | next >>