Laughing City
piperjay23
Sea Post King

Being pretty new here I wanted to make sure I didn't get associated with only the negative threads going on. I think I have a black mark on my forehead right now. Embarassed

As the band is winding up a very hectic touring schedule, I thought it would be cool for us, and perhaps them, if we all shared our favorite part of this most recent tour. Perhaps a particular event at a show, or feeling you had during a performance....etc.

Hopefully this thread isn't already in progress under some discreet or far out heading.

I'll go first:

I convinced a few friends to come along to the show. They were really impressed having never seen or heard of Eisley before. Afterwards, my good buddy said about Chauntelle..."she seemed kind of distant and in her own concentrated zone up onstage. When we got to meet them, i expected her to be similar in person. I thought she would be hard to meet. But it turned out much different. She was so nice and friendly and she had the best handshake! What a great group of people. It's easy to be a fan of theirs." To which I replied, "Exactly. That's what I saw five years ago and that's why I asked you come here today."

Very Happy

Edit: Oh yeah..AND they jammed!
Joined: 08 May 2008 | Posts: 80 | Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Last edited by piperjay23 on Wed May 21, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heavyarms
Sea Post King

The SF show was amazing. If it hadn't been finals week, I definitely would've gone to all the other CA shows as well.

The best part about the night was getting to meet them. Unlike most other bands i've seen, they actually took the time to talk to fans after the show, and that means a lot. I missed them the two other times they came by the bay area since I discovered them, but I definitely wont miss them again.

I'm already jonesing to see them again, if they were to play a show with Luvbeat sometime after the tour, i'd totally fly out to Texas for it.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I believe this with their first time they brought a headline tour to Milwaukee. Yeah! Christie singing I wasn't Prepared first verse was very cool. Ten Cent Blues sounded wonderful, glad they're playing that one live more now. And they did a great job on that one instrument (was that the Gamelan that someone was so afraid of during 11/2006?). And Lady of The Wood -- thank you, thank you!! Wonderful song!
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

my favorite part: getting to meet the girls during the loserkids in-store!!!!!! and getting my pic/auotgraphs w/ them...

AND i ran into christie, weston, zane, and boyd at the actual concert! sick sweetness

stumple13
Sea Post King

I saw them in the Boulder.CO show. They did really really well,im really happy they played sunfeet. And sight to behold was so epic and i got really excited. I didnt get to meet them this time around,i had AP tests the next morning and i was an hour away from home and it was already midnight.
I saw christie in the crowd walkin around,but couldnt get the nerve to talk to her,stupid me.
I cant wait till they come back!
norad
Vintage Newbie

I had lots of fun at the Iowa and Kansas shows. Mostly Iowa! Those guys are super awesome and nice. Fun times hangin' out. Very Happy
Morwen
Sea Post King

One of my favourite parts, was convincing my friend at the last minute to come (literally, I left my house at 530 and she decided at 515 to come). She was the one who introduced me to Eisley and the look on her face while she was watching them play, she was just in such awe and I was able to geek out over them like a gazillion times more cos she was there lol. Otherwise I would have just been sitting there going OMG OMG OMG to myself like a loser lol.

My ABSOLUTE favourite part (aside, of course from seeing them play. And I thought they ROCKED, by the way, I loved every damn part of it) was running into Boyd up on the balcony and him REMEMBERING me from WAY back in OCTOBER when they toured with Mute Math.

I think they just rock so hard live. Sherri's guitar work is just... amazing. And Chauntelle's singing... awesome.

The only thing I regret is that we didn't get to meet them this time. I get that they were doin' band stuff after so I'm not too bummed, I'll just meet them again next time lol.

Man I love Eisley. lol
Morwen
Sea Post King

stumple13 wrote:
I saw christie in the crowd walkin around,but couldnt get the nerve to talk to her,stupid me.

Yeeeah we kept seeing Garron and Weston chilling upstairs and were afraid to go up and say something to them. Which is stupid lol, it's not like they would bite. Garron looked lonely too, standing and watching the other bands, I bet he would have liked company lol

>.<
NvasionOfBritanySnatchers
Sea Post King

The best part for me was meeting them at loserkids. They were so nice, and Stacy said "you guys look cute" about my twin sister and me. And they played "come clean" at my request. They were asking for requests and Sherri said "well, she said come clean" and then they started playing it. It was cool that we got to take pictures with them and they signed my cd cover, and sherri had one of our cookies. The set was amazing as was the show at h.o.b. later that night. My sister talked to Christie at h.o.b. too bad i was in the bathroom.
Morwen
Sea Post King

Oh, also! One of the things my friend and I specifically commented that we loved was just how much emotion Sherri shows when she sings. You can just see it pouring off her and how she puts all she is into the song. It's awesome to watch, in the true sense of the word.

How can you not love this?:

NvasionOfBritanySnatchers
Sea Post King

Here are two of my favorite pictures i took from the loserkids show. My friend Tim who my sister and i introduced to the band commented on how he couldnt take his eyes off of sherri because of all the emotion she puts into her singing.
Charl!3
Sea Post King

I have not yet gone to a show for this tour. However, the last time I saw them was for the acoustic tour they did. It was the Brew Tones performance which was freaken awesome! I love the fact that they always greet the fans after they are done playing, it just shows how down to earth they are! I specially enjoyed it because i was right in the front row...literally like 2-3 feet in front of Sherri, got a lot of really cool pics too...what a awesome night! Very Happy

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

NvasionOfBritanySnatchers wrote:

Here are two of my favorite pictures i took from the loserkids show. My friend Tim who my sister and i introduced to the band commented on how he couldnt take his eyes off of sherri because of all the emotion she puts into her singing.

i was there!!! i loved stacy's makeshift piano stand!!! and u can totally see the injury sherri got from playing her guitar. she said she was gonna see if she can get a wristband from the store cuz it "looks pretty trendy" ahaha!! that's the first time i've heard someone use that term. cuuuuuute

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Great pics everyone! Thanks
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

i thought the ny show was awesome. a lot more energy than im used to with eisley, but thats a good thing of course. a sight to behold on the encore was f'n amazziiiingg. it blew my miiind maaan

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address