Laughing City
dandelion567
Sea Post King

I couldn't find this anywhere else, so I thought I would post this here...it's from May 2nd, but they have a little interview segment...sorry if this was pointless! The first part is about Kate Nash, so I didn't include it...

"Girl bands rule the Fox Theatre this week. The sister band Eisley and British export Kate Nash will bring their brands of indie rock to the Hill club and close out the CU semester.

EISLEY

The DuPree sisters decided that they didn't want to use their last name in their band title - so, the girls settled on a name taken from a "Star Wars" movie. The Texas indie rockers were originally called Mos Eisley, but due to film rights, the band settled on the shorter name Eisley. Whatever you call them, the group will be headlining the Fox Wednesday.Sherri, Chauntelle, and Stacy DuPree are the key players in Eisley, and the sister group's becoming known for its harmonies and catchy rock tunes. The band also features fellow sibling Weston DuPree. The full Eisley sound is captured on the group's latest CD "Combinations.""We always had music going on in our house," said vocalist/keyboardist Stacy DuPree. "Our parents operated a coffeehouse venue for a couple of years and my sisters and I became the house band. We started playing when we were kids. We never planned to have a successful band, but I think we're unique because we are a family. We're all friends. It's really the coolest thing you can imagine."

The DuPree sisters started their musical career by drawing on ideas from sci-fi and fantasy novels. The band's vocal harmonies came naturally to the young group and Eisley quickly developed as a sharp, indie rock outfit.

"We started our career playing shows in Texas, but things happened very fast," said DuPree. "When we were signed, we were immediately booked to open for Coldplay. It was a trip, because we were so young. Coldplay was awesome to tour with - they were so friendly. We've also gotten to tour with Hot Hot Heat and Snow Patrol.

The DuPree sisters are also gaining recognition for their back-up vocals, so lots of indie acts are requesting Eisley to sit-in on studio sessions. The girls just finished recording vocals for Bright Eyes' new CD. The sisters have also contributed vocal parts to New Found Glory and Head Automatica records.

Saturday reggae band John Brown's Body headlines the Fox Theatre. Thursday Hot Tuna celebrates its 50th anniversary with a special show at the venue."

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/2008/may/02/rock-n-roll-girls-eisley -and-kate-nash-headline/
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Thanks for the post! I wasn't aware of the 'back-up' vocal work! But what band or artist wouldn't benefit from their awesome vocals Smile
Caley
Lost at Forum

Sweet, thanks for posting!

Now, if they could only collaborate with Johnny Greenwood for a film soundtrack... Ah, someday.