7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 85

Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

mr pine wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:
mr pine wrote:
I am christian. A passionate one at that, if you will.

I do not practice religion though. BEcause I am of the belief that christianity is not a religion.

Would you be willing to explain that? I'm confused.

Sure. It is pretty simple.

Religion is about doing things to apease your god.

That is not what Christianity is. Christianity is a relationship.

Just a question...How do you feel about attending church services?

Oh and I'm a Baptist

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

lucia wrote:
I personally attend the Church Of The Fonz.

Family guy, anyone?

EH! ha.

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:

Oh and I'm a Baptist

Yay, i'm not alone! I'm Baptist, i'm not gonna say "christian" cause when people hear someone say christian, they usually are catholic, and i'm not, so i'll just say Independant Fundamental Baptist, heck yes. although, i am a born-again christian.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
mr pine wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:
mr pine wrote:

I do not practice religion though. BEcause I am of the belief that christianity is not a religion.

Oh and I'm a Baptist

I rather enjoy it why?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Bryan646
Sea Post King

piperjay23 wrote:
This poll is seriously flawed.

You're either Christian, not religious or something else?

What about: Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddist.

Perhaps someone needs a little diversity training.

Well the whole point of the poll was to see how many practicing Christians there were, since that is the given religion of the band. I'm not trying to exclude anybody, that's just the main one I was curious about. I guess I should have made that more clear. I don't need any diversity training, chill out.
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

mr pine wrote:
Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
mr pine wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:
mr pine wrote:

Oh and I'm a Baptist

I rather enjoy it why?

Just wondering I guess, the whole Religion is just doing things to appease your god thing threw me off. Only because God does require church attendance. But I perfer to leave topics about religion alone so I'm just going to stop now

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Bryan646 wrote:
piperjay23 wrote:
This poll is seriously flawed.

You're either Christian, not religious or something else?

What about: Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddist.

Perhaps someone needs a little diversity training.

Well the whole point of the poll was to see how many practicing Christians there were, since that is the given religion of the band. I'm not trying to exclude anybody, that's just the main one I was curious about. I guess I should have made that more clear. I don't need any diversity training, chill out.

Now that you've edited the thread's title, it's more clear... Neutral

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bryan646
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:
Technically you could just answer other, then state waht you in a post.

I don't see why saying other is a bad thing.

do you like
milk?
orange juice?
Other?

That does not make it a bad poll.

So you'd be okay with a post that offers the options of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, animism, nonreligious, and other?

This isn't a poll about breakfast beverages. Lumping several major and very distinct religions together under a miscellaneous heading is a pretty ignorant thing to do in a thread dedicated to religion. It demonstrates a very clear bias when the only specific options are Christianity and atheism. That does make it a bad poll.

You're absolutely right. I just changed the name of the poll to fans with Christian beliefs. The whole point of this poll os because Eisley is Christian, and I wanted to know how much of the fanbase was too. So yes, Christian or Atheist are the ones I'm most interested in. I'm interested in the fans whose beliefs parallel that of the bands, and those which run in the opposite direction i.e. no religion at all. I think that was a flaw, the fact that I didn't make the intentions of the poll clear. I'm not trying to exclude anyone. I'm sorry you got so offended.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Bryan646 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:

do you like
milk?
orange juice?
Other?

So you'd be okay with a post that offers the options of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, animism, nonreligious, and other?

This isn't a poll about breakfast beverages. Lumping several major and very distinct religions together under a miscellaneous heading is a pretty ignorant thing to do in a thread dedicated to religion. It demonstrates a very clear bias when the only specific options are Christianity and atheism. That does make it a bad poll.

You're absolutely right. I just changed the name of the poll to fans with Christian beliefs. The whole point of this poll os because Eisley is Christian, and I wanted to know how much of the fanbase was too. So yes, Christian or Atheist are the ones I'm most interested in. I'm interested in the fans whose beliefs parallel that of the bands, and those which run in the opposite direction i.e. no religion at all. I think that was a flaw, the fact that I didn't make the intentions of the poll clear. I'm not trying to exclude anyone. I'm sorry you got so offended.

Thanks for clarifying. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bryan646
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Bryan646 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:

do you like
milk?
orange juice?
Other?

Thanks for clarifying. Smile

Just out of curiosity did you vote, or did you refuse to take part ?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Bryan646 wrote:
Just out of curiosity did you vote, or did you refuse to take part ?

I voted just now. I'm nondenominational Christian.

Smokemonster
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

If I'm filling in a bubble on a scantron:
I'm a Protestant Christian. Raised Baptist.
Nowadays I go to church around once a month.
I don't think church is required, but I actually enjoy hearing different insights from people who really know their stuff.

If someone really wanted to know what "religion" I am...
I'd say "I believe in God."
I don't follow any typical "rules" that people associate with Christianity.

"For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." Romans 14:17

"So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves." Romans 14:22.

Those words, taken in context, to me mean: Don't judge other people on what they do, what rules they follow/don't follow.

I believe in God, and I believe that is enough.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:

Just wondering I guess, the whole Religion is just doing things to appease your god thing threw me off. Only because God does require church attendance. But I perfer to leave topics about religion alone so I'm just going to stop now

Sure. The bible does also "require" other things. But I don't feel the point of doing those is to apease your god, or to flee from his wrath.

It is more of a "if you study you will learn" type thing

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Bryan646
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
Call it retrospection, but I remember a time where there was no way that the atheist/agnostics would outnumber the christians for any length of time on this board.

Do you see that as a positive, negative or merely an observation?
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

ghost in the snow wrote:
I admire people who can believe in a god (or many gods) but I personally can't.

Same. At times I get pretty jealous of people who have their religion, but what can you do?

Golly, Poster

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>