13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Batman the Movie (1966)
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 59

pumamina
Golly, Poster

Which is the one with nicole kidman and jim carry?
I on't really remeber batman begins do you think i should rent it before i see dark night?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

That would be Batman Forever.

I really don't like Batman Returns, and it's one of the few movies I regret seeing in a theater. ha ha. Though it's not as bad as the two before Batman Begins (which I am pretty sure I never saw in theaters). Begins would be the only movie you'd need to bother with before seeing The Dark Knight. But TDK stands alone very well.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I really don't like Batman Returns.

what's crazy - they have a thing on Rotten Tomatoes comparing all the Batman films over the years and Returns got better reviews than the first Keaton/Burton collabo!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

bigideas wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
I really don't like Batman Returns.

what's crazy - they have a thing on Rotten Tomatoes comparing all the Batman films over the years and Returns got better reviews than the first Keaton/Burton collabo!

Ha ha. I think the first one is better, though I'm not so wild about it anymore, either. Though I do appreciate it for what it is.

I think I need to start a DK spoilers-included review thread ... But I'm not sure, since we have 2 Batman threads anyway, and I don't know if it justifies locking any of them. hmm.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chris_Mulder
Sea Post King

Batman Forever all the way, I mean, Jim Carey as the Riddler? Best. Performance. Ever.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Batman THE MOVIE

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Batman THE MOVIE

You gotta love Cesar Romero. Rolling Eyes You are a COMMUNIST!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I used to think Batman (1989,) was the best, but last night I went and saw Dark Knight, and now my vote goes to it! It was much more 'graphic novel,' than 'comic book!' I never thought anyone could top Nicholsons' joker, but Heath Ledger sure did!
expectedperfection
Sea Post King

i just saw dark knight today and it was amaaaaaa-haaa-haaazing! they did everything right! i suggest everyone--EVERYONE go see it (if you're over 12, 'cause it's not really for the kiddies).
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
I used to think Batman (1989,) was the best, but last night I went and saw Dark Knight, and now my vote goes to it! It was much more 'graphic novel,' than 'comic book!' I never thought anyone could top Nicholsons' joker, but Heath Ledger sure did!

I think my favorite is still 89.

TDK was missing two things that make a movie top notch to me:
-memorable score
-interesting camera shots/setups

bale's batman voice gets on my nerves as well.

although watching 89 on tv right now, jack's makeup seems silly compared to heath's.

i also can't see Nicholson's Joker taking part in the opening scene of TDK.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Ok, so I avoided this thread until seeing The Dark Knight. Not that it helped me decide any easier.

I can't really pick just one. I love all the movies (yes, even Batman & Robin). If Batman: The Animated Series were on this list, I'd go with that, partially because it was my first exposure to Batman as a child (it was on after Tiny Toon Adventures. lol), plus it was a pretty amazing TV show, especially for an animated series in the early 90s. But I do appreciate Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for taking the darker, grittier tone of the modern comics/graphic novels. And the Adam West movie is classically cheesy and hilariously awesome.

So, yeah, it's hard for me to pick. Can't I just say Batman is an all-around bad-ass and leave it at that? Very Happy

Oh, and for the next week or so, I will be pretending that the chorus of Marvelous Things is about Batman.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

freakinalex wrote:
So, yeah, it's hard for me to pick. Can't I just say Batman is an all-around bad-ass and leave it at that? Very Happy

I find that highly acceptable. ha ha.

expectedperfection
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
Oh, and for the next week or so, I will be pretending that the chorus of Marvelous Things is about Batman.

haha--awesome--i think this means you win the award for best way of bringing a non-eisley thread back around to eisley somehow.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i voted for Batman Begins, but it's a really close call between both of Christopher Nolan's and Tim Burton's Batman films! i think that Tim Burton's Batman might be the best in terms of staying true to the spirit of the characters and the comic books, but i think Christopher Nolan's Batman Beyond works best as an actual film (although, again, it's really close!), and, besides, i don't think anyone has really made the great Batman film… yet…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

in all this Batmania i've been wondering about the oldest Batman films that aren't even listed above.

has anyone seen the serials from the 40's?
i wonder if i could find these in the cheapie bin at Wal-Mart.
they sound fun.
supposedly the producers of the Batman 60's TV series and Batman The Movie came up with the campy feel of that Batman by watching the serials and making jokes while watching them a la Mystery Science Theater 3K.

<< prev | goto page