Laughing City
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I like their style. I already know they do a bit of shopping at Anthropologie and that their Rockett clothes are on indiemerchstore.com, but where can I find other clothes like theirs?
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Catey
Lost at Forum

Ben Sherman, Urban Outfitters and Forever 21.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

Forever21 is the cheapest of the three. There are some great pieces there, I already shop there. Smile
You can get skinny jeans (similar to what they wear) from PacSun for 2 $55. That's a great price. I have a pair and I love them. Smile

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Save your money and start frequenting thrift stores, Marshall's, Plato's Closet, and other such clothing resellers. There's really no reason to spend more than $20 on any item of clothing when so many people donate or trade in nearly-new brand name clothes all the time.

Besides, from what I've seen the DuPrees don't shop by brands much, and usually try for a more mixed, layered look. You can get the same results without going broke, and if you shop at a thrift store you might even run across a sweet find that's actually vintage.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I remember a thread like this coming up a long while ago and people were asking if the girls were going to be working on putting out some clothes and if I remember right...I'll try and find it...Kim said they'd been approached, but no word on if they were going to go through.
pktechgirl
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
I remember a thread like this coming up a long while ago and people were asking if the girls were going to be working on putting out some clothes and if I remember right...I'll try and find it...Kim said they'd been approached, but no word on if they were going to go through.

They should. Just remember us little people cannot afford to spend $30 for a t-shirt. Rolling Eyes

lazerbith
Sea Post King

years ago kim actually auctioned off a lot of the girls clothing, shoes, etc on ebay... you missed yer chance!

forever 21 is really inexpensive and you'll often see them in it. but really its all about developing your own style. you are not them...wear what you love. someones own personality makes up so much of their 'style'.
norad
Vintage Newbie

lazerbith wrote:
but really its all about developing your own style. you are not them...wear what you love. someones own personality makes up so much of their 'style'.

I think she just likes their clothes. If that's copying them then I'd love to do it...and I just might.
Catey
Lost at Forum

Out of the three I listed, for me Ben Sherman is the cheapest only because a] we don't have Forever 21 here sadly as the dresses they have are boss and b] Urban Outfitters just swap the $ sign to a £ so it's still proper expensive.

But it's different for everyone, but if I was in America, Forever 21 would be the place to aim for.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

urban outfitters has cool clothes.. it just makes me sad because they're kinda cheaply made, but really expensive. Sad
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
urban outfitters has cool clothes.. it just makes me sad because they're kinda cheaply made, but really expensive. Sad

Seriously.

Almost all of the jewelery my sister and I have gotten there has either turned our necks green, or gone from gold to silver. Not to mention that some of the fabrics fall apart once washed. Very sad.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Hannah knows what's up - I work at Buffalo Exchange and at my location, a lot of our inventory is Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters labels, Forever 21, some Marc Jacobs/Tracy Reese/Diane von Furstenburg, and designer denim like Sevens, Citizens, True Religions, etc., all on the cheap! It differs with every location though. There are 35 stores and each one buys the clothing that comes in according to the popular clothes in that area--Dallas customers are all about nearly-new stuff from the places I listed, with minimal vintage, but the store in Brooklyn has way more vintage stuff, as does the one in Austin.

End advertisement for my super wonderful store I work in! Wink

RockerChick
Sea Post King

I really want to know where this bluish dress came from. I like it lots.
norad
Vintage Newbie

RockerChick wrote:

I really want to know where this bluish dress came from. I like it lots.

I concur! But it reminds me of this dress I saw a few days ago:
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category %5Fname=dresses&product%5Fid=2046769605&Page=all

I also wanna know where this is from:

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:

Word.