Laughing City
Drew10265
Sea Post King

in the beginning of over the mountains there's a weird audio track of a woman singing. i've always wanted to know what exactly it is and what it says because i can't understand all of it. anyone know?

Drew
Joined: 16 Dec 2007 | Posts: 71 | Location: Dania Beach, Florida
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

This is a pretty old one ... it should be on an FAQ somewhere (SYP?) if it isn't. It was a recording from some mystery lecture or something that was on a tape that was found in the band's magical organ. (A Wurlitzer many Eisley songs have been written on, which is its own subject.) I'm pretty sure that's it, at least. She's apparently talking about taking pain reliever? I dunno.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

It's an ibuprofen advertisement, and like Jamie said it was already in the organ.

Here's a go at it:
"...Product, something...very popular, if you have cramps, if you have a pulled muscle, if your back hurts from sitting at the computer, whatever the problem, take a little bit of ibuprofen."

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

And you can use any of these medications. And they're very popular. Advil, Ibuprofen is the biggie now. If you have cramps, if you have a pulled muscle, if your back hurts from sitting at the computer - whatever the problem, take a little bit of ibuprofen. ... to take it without knowing your sensitivities... (SONG STARTS) ... (END OF SONG, lady comes back on to say): They also need to be given according to their prescribed and recommended schedule. I can't tell you the number of times I've had p...
Drew10265
Sea Post King

okay, thank you so much haha, i listened to it today and completely forgot about thinking about it before!
Joined: 16 Dec 2007 | Posts: 71 | Location: Dania Beach, Florida
mister_mime
Golly, Poster

haha, woah, I never knew that. it's super cool.
and at the same time creepy.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

i love that part! i have them memorized and I love saying it along with her.. hahh
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address