38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Myspace
62%
 62%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 50

nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

we all know stacy and garron have a myspace, but recently they've decided "we're game" to be friends on facebook. dont get me wrong.. i totally love it and think its great and super cool of them. but im just wondering, why facebook and not myspace? i thought maybe we'd be added only being able to view the "limited profile" and thats why they chose facebook instead of myspace.. but it seems like the full profile to me. (could be wrong)

so it got me thinking, is it because myspace gives off more of a creepy/stalker vibe than facebook? and i think it does. why? im not really sure yet. perhaps things just seem more accessible via myspace than facebook? the search there (on myspace) is certainly easier to figure out and its hard to find people who are not in your network on facebook.

anyone care to divulge?

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I find Myspace more interesting, but all of my friends are on Facebook so I'm on it more.

I vote myspace.

Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

I like facebook better because it's easier to set up a profile, and it's easier to stay in touch with people you know. I don't think it's any more difficult to find people on facebook than on myspace ... you just put a name in the search engine. I've always had a lot of trouble finding people on myspace unless I know their username. Plus I like that facebook helps you find people you might know.... Whatever. Myspace seems way creepier to me. There's way more ads on myspace too.

Although, facebook used to be a lot less "creepy" than it is now. When it was just colleges, you had to have a college email to even get on it. So you kinda had to be who you said you were. Even now, though, profiles are automatically private except to your friends or people in your network. And there's better privacy features.

All in all, I think facebook is safer and more private than myspace. But that's just me. Beyond that, though, myspace just annoys me. Smile I'm on it, but less and less of my friends actually use myspace.

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

*edit* Whoa, I totally read everything wrong. I thought this was asking which we preferred... in which case, I would've said:
Facebook seems safer (or has options to make it safer) for users, easier, less advertising, seems to have fewer users therefore less maintenance problems, users can't ruin/decorate their profiles by customizing it with glittery stuff and ten thousand pictures that make it forever to load, etc.

But since it's not.. Myspace is totally more creepy.

I voted wrong too in that case.

Last edited by golly_sandra on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Myspace.

I dunno. I just haven't heard many creepy stories of kids' mothers getting on to bash other kids, or people posting suicide notes on facebook, etc etc.

All the creepy stories seem to be about myspace. Plus, I think it's a little more public than facebook (unless you edit your profile not to be).

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I pick neither. Not because I'm a social networking misanthrope, but I just don't care. ha ha. I have both, I use both. I spend about 10 minutes a day on both combined. (Unless I actually have to write something to someone.) I don't put anything on either that you can't find anywhere else (last name, address, etc.). I put my last name out in college and high school, and it's not really any worse than that. I'm not a girl, but I think you're more likely to get a stalker from a classroom than a web site (as long as you are smart about it).

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
I pick neither.

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
Sharpelectricstar
Sea Post King

I didn't read the question before voting... Confused
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

kLafied wrote:
I find Myspace more interesting, but all of my friends are on Facebook so I'm on it more.

I vote myspace.

Oh, I read the poll wrong also...but I still keep my vote haha. I like myspace a little more, but it is also definitely more creepy.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Facebook was SUPER creepy when the feed first started.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
greatgood
Sea Post King

Facebook because I got a lot of creepy guys talking to me on the other thing. But I like how you can listen to new music or what have you on myspace.
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:

before they fixed the privacy features, yeah. i didn't really care that much, but i know a lot of people were freaked out about it.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

Ecouter wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

before they fixed the privacy features, yeah. i didn't really care that much, but i know a lot of people were freaked out about it.

The feed? I don't pay enough attention to facebook to be certain what that is. I didn't know about the chat thing till someone talked to me haha.

Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
Ecouter wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

The feed? I don't pay enough attention to facebook to be certain what that is. I didn't know about the chat thing till someone talked to me haha.

yeah the news feed and the mini feed. like when you go to the home page and sign in, that thing you see that lists what your friends have been up to lately ... it really caused an uproar when it first came out, cuz you couldn't choose what would and wouldn't be announced to your entire friend list.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

Ecouter wrote:
johnip wrote:
Ecouter wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

yeah the news feed and the mini feed. like when you go to the home page and sign in, that thing you see that lists what your friends have been up to lately ... it really caused an uproar when it first came out, cuz you couldn't choose what would and wouldn't be announced to your entire friend list.

Ohhh. I'm logged in forever cuz I'm lazy so I never saw that haha.

goto page
 | next >>