Laughing City
bailey rodgers
Sea Post King

no jeremy enigk love in this thread? granted, he was in sunny day real estate, but still... i actually remember reading about him from sherri or boyd (who ever made a post about him first) but never listened to him until i found out that he was the one singing my favorite part in mewithoutYou's song "o, porcupine." then i finally paid attention and checked him out. so thank you, both eisley and mwY lol.

umm i know i found out about lovedrug and midlake from eisley. i'm sure there are lots others but those are all that spring to mind right now Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

since I am 32 I already like most of the older groups that have influenced Eisley, which makes sense because their parents are the same age as the cousins I had that I looked up to, and who's taste I dug so much when I was getting into music. That sense of comradrie makes me even more of a fan. (SDRE/ TFT/ Enigk, Radiohead, Beatles, Cranberries, Elliott Smith, Aaron Sprinkle and most anything he produces, seriously!)

Since most of the band are the age of my younger cousins (and since I am the youngest of 3, eldest nieces and nephews) the newer stuff is always a step ahead of me, so that said, I give them credit for:

The Envy Corps - this last Tour
Rilo Kiley - Mentioned in the Room Noises recording journals
Wesley Jensen - By way of the buzz about Christie singing on this tour
Mute Math - I was 50/50 on "Typical", but BD sold that record

I have yet to hear Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsen, but plan on it, and if I do, credit their mentions here and reinforcement of some buzz in St. Louis, buzz I never trust...[/i]

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
muffinbreath
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
I have yet to hear Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsen, but plan on it, and if I do, credit their mentions here and reinforcement of some buzz in St. Louis, buzz I never trust...[/i]

someone still loves you boris yeltsin is awesome.
i have yet to purchase the album containing the song from the music video which eisley is in, BUT
i don't LOVE that song. i love the video of course, but the song is WAY different than any of his other stuff.
i have the Brooms album and am in love with it.
they actually somewhat remind me of the band ROONEY, so if you've heard of and like them, then this band is like rooneyx4
bmxbandit
Sea Post King

I discovered Kashmir thanks to a creative Stacy video. Oh also Midlake from one of their journals.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

tawnysigala wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

someone still loves you boris yeltsin is awesome.
i have yet to purchase the album containing the song from the music video which eisley is in, BUT
i don't LOVE that song. i love the video of course, but the song is WAY different than any of his other stuff.
i have the Brooms album and am in love with it.
they actually somewhat remind me of the band ROONEY, so if you've heard of and like them, then this band is like rooneyx4

SSLYBY is amazing! One of my favorite bands.
And Broom was the best album ever!
buuut I do like 'Think I Wanna Die'
I like it a lot. Maybe I love it, maybe I don't.
It depends on my mood,
but I don't think it's radically different then any of their other stuff.

-Mae West
Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

Luvbeat - we love their CD and enjoy James the Brain's humerous videos on you tube!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i remember seeing The Shins first record on Sherri's xanga before i bought it, so it may have contributed to me getting into them as well.

this was pre-Garden State.

their Bjork musings have probably also led me to listen to the albums more and get into her more.

mister_mime
Golly, Poster

Neutral Milk Hotel.
THANK YOU EISLEY.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Ooh, reading through this thread reminded me of a few more that has had heavy rotation in my music player including:

The Envy Corps
Kashmir
Neutral Milk Hotel

I played The Envy Corps and NMH for weeks on end when I finally got the albums.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i think i actually found In the Aeroplane... used at Hasting's for $5 or so when i was looking for the Laughing City EP. i had heard some NMH, but it wasn't until i heard the complete work that i realized what it was. i don't know that Sherri was speaking on it back then, but i had read about that album and the Microphones album a lot online and downloaded a track or two of each off Napster or Audio Galaxy - whichever wasn't shut down at the time.

maybe i've confused things. i can definitely remember driving back and forth to work with newly acquired copies of Aeroplane and Laughing City though....

lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I discovered Kashmir. It's not a band that they opened for or visa versa, but it's a band that I'm pretty sure Stacy likes and I think one or the other Eisley girl likes them too. They have a few songs I really like.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

mister_mime wrote:
Neutral Milk Hotel.
THANK YOU EISLEY.

Oh yeah, how could I forget?!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Let's see...Christie, of course. It was a treat to see her open the Orlando show with Wesley Jensen on the acoustic tour.

Somebody still loves you Boris Yeltsin is awesome.

Coconut Records is amazing.

And I'll have to check out more NMH, because I really dig In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
pumamina
Golly, Poster

You can good music anywhere
You just have to look
And i think i found a goldmine here at LC and Eisley

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

The one that comes to mind first is Mew.
...like very much.

Generally, I take anything Stacy Dupree recommends very seriously...
Her aesthetic sense is exquisite- its been way beyond her years for as long as I've been following Eisley.

Especially, I check out some the new/young stuff she plugs... The more established stuff they mention I'm usually already well aware of, as I grew up mostly on their influences' influences. I can't be bothered to stay abreast of all the new stuff though, so I appreciate the advice of someone with trustworthy taste.

I find less in common with Sheri's tastes- She has mentioned stuff that I've liked, but more often it turns out to be less my sort of thing. No cut on her- tastes vary.

We hear a lot less from the guys- Seems like interviewers usually get only self deprecating sarcasm out of Weston, particularly, so I know less about what they are into. Intrigued though.