Laughing City

should I stay or should I go?
Stay! Then you can buy unlimited quantities of nourishing, organic foods to wallow away in.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Go! Hang out with gay men who get excited about Lily of the Valley and live your meager artistic life happily in the confines of your apartment with but a morsel of stale bread.
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 17

The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

So, recently I have been struggling with the decision to give up office work and crawl out of the flourescent lit cardboard cut-out skylines forevermore. I actually have an interview today at 1:00 at a floral shop where I will hopefully be honing my floral design skills (yes, I got 'em!).

Anyway, Horoscope today reads:
Your life can be fluctuating like a see-saw from time to time, but luckily right now you're at a stable point. Before things get out of balance again (and they will), you need to take this opportunity to come to a final decision about something you have been debating. This is a good day for decision making of all kinds, but especially for the choices that affect your bank account. You can see things clearly, and you will know the right way to go without any question.

SO, does this mean I take the new job and live happily (hopefully) ever after in a day job full of bright colorful things for less pay, or stay in my office job because the checks are really, really good?

p.s. I have missed this village.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I hear that dolphins are good at making this kind of decision for you.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i am really getting tired of my office job........to the point of just hearing some co-worker's voices makes me want to scream!!..........and some just don't shut up. Evil or Very Mad
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Make the switch! A job you love beats money any day. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mellon collie
Sea Post King

ooh work at the flower shop! i have an afterschool job at one and i love it (even though i don't 'design' flowers yet)! it will be fun.
ali
since 1979

why don't you try the floral gig part-time, and see if it's something you love so much you could see yourself doing it every day, for less pay. there are also jobs out there that aren't crappy that still pay well. you just have to find where you fit.

who knows? maybe you'll love doing floral design 40 hours a week. but it would really suck if it turned out to be a crappy job and you were being paid little to do it.

or maybe you'll find a balance where you cut back on your hours at the good-paying job, and do the floral thing maybe a day a week or something. i have a situation like that right now, where i do what i had previously considered crappy computer work (that i get paid well for), but i do that job 4-ish days a week. i still have time to do photography and volunteer on the side, and my life feels much more balanced.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I like what Ali said. And welcome back around! Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I like what Ali said. And welcome back around! Smile

I agree with Jamie's agreement with Ali.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Make the switch! A job you love beats money any day. Very Happy

AMEN.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

"if your work isn't what you love,
then something isn't right..."

-David Byrne
from the Talking Heads song 'Found a Job'

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

-David Byrne

You're not supposed to like work; if you did then they wouldn't pay you to do it.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
bigideas wrote:

-David Byrne

You're not supposed to like work; if you did then they wouldn't pay you to do it.

I love my job, but I hate my work.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

I'm all for anyone leaving the comfort of a well-paying job in order to do something that is more fulfilling.

However, i am generally against people using horoscopes to guide important decisions in their life.

Incidentally one can eat exceedingly healthfully on a very small budget. Especially if one gardens (and these days city dwellers have no excuse with all the urban farming resources available). So be poor, eat well, and arrange flowers. Sounds like a great life to me. Maybe i'll join you.

love,
luke
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I say go for it. Seems like you need a change. And if it doesn't work out, then...
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

ilitherian wrote:
Incidentally one can eat exceedingly healthfully on a very small budget. Especially if one gardens (and these days city dwellers have no excuse with all the urban farming resources available). So be poor, eat well, and arrange flowers. Sounds like a great life to me. Maybe i'll join you.

That sounds awesome indeed! I wouldn't mind working at a florist. I do need a job soon...
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.