45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
meh
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
he's so prolific he puts out an album every week
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
i prefer BRYAN (everything i do for you) adams, thank you!
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 31

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

use humor that some might think 'non-PC.'

i don't think i'll do it any more because comedy's no fun when you got to explain it. Laughing

PC = Pantheon Comedy

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
use humor that some might think 'non-PC.'

i don't think i'll do it any more because comedy's no fun when you got to explain it. Laughing

PC = Pantheon Comedy

I didn’t make a joke; I stated a fact.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

new album Cardinology drops Oct 27/28th.

http://main.losthighwayrecords.com/artist/detail.aspx?nid=2264&aid=58

10-11 Grand Prairie, TX - Nokia Theater

i'll be there unless some unforeseen circumstance comes about.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
bigideas wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
I used to work with a guy whose sister is an up and coming country singer who once performed after him at a TV function. Anyway, they all said said he threw multiple tantrums, was completely rude and made the process entirely miserable for everyone (audience included). That was around early 2006, but it was still a couple of years after the Bryan Adams incident. It's enough to convince me that he's lame.

this i had not heard of.
ok two incidences.
does this mean we can't enjoy Seinfeld reruns because of what Michael Richards did? Laughing

****** don't watch Seinfeld stupid!

Honestly, using that word, instead say, Black People, African Americans, Brothers, anything else you could have chosen says something about your character and intent. I'm black, even though my pigment is brown (the closest you get to a black person is hair color if people are being honest with one another) and I've watched Seinfeld, and know a lot who do. People who think Black people are just the stereotypes of some they've come across or what's represented in the media, which is designed to sell to kids and people who are afraid to grow up gracefully, dig a little deeper. An Eisley bulletin board hardly seems the place for this conversation, but at the same time, I didn't expect to have someone use that epithet here either. The fact no one else noticed or took issue in the thread confounds me. Says something about the demo in here I guess?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i'll let pantheon reply to the statement above.

just yesterday i was reading up on Adams on wiki and saw this crazy story of Courtney Love claiming that Ryan stole $858,000 from her daughter!

http://stereogum.com/archives/wheres-the-beef/courtney-love-ryan-adams -stole-858k-from-frances-b_011141.html

i would be interested to read Ryan's reaction.
that's pretty wild.

Comesapart
Sea Post King

Quote:

you can! it was on his blog Foggy.

Quote:
to whom it may concern,

these days i find myself working harder than ever at being at my best, overcoming my fears and pushing myself creatively in my every endeavor. my only wish after the work is completed is that it may prove further evidence that no matter how isolated we all may all feel at times, as sad or misrepresented, we are not alone. there's hope for and within each of us.

I've been dealing with the truth that i have at times been a bad example and/or glorified self destructive behavior. this was never intentional, but rather a consequence of leading a public life in plain sight and never expecting any sort of preferential treatment, isolation or protection.

Regardless of varied judgments as to my cultural relevance, i am thankfully alive and exercising my joy in creating. i only hope anyone who hears, reads or sees any of my contributions will permit the work to speak where i cannot.

i've realized and accepted that if people decide to dislike me, they're going to find reasons to justify disliking me. there's nothing i can do about that. that said, it still does pain me to be accused of fictional crimes against innocents or to be implicated in romantic gossip involving the possibly reality-challenged--however unreliable the source or outlandish the accusations. in the end, however, i know that i have never done or even meant anyone any harm.

anyway, the lives of public figures are so much more boring than anyone can imagine. honestly.

and also i like metal. A LOT. (even more than last time).

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Comesapart wrote:
Quote:

you can! it was on his blog Foggy.

Quote:
to whom it may concern,

these days i find myself working harder than ever at being at my best, overcoming my fears and pushing myself creatively in my every endeavor. my only wish after the work is completed is that it may prove further evidence that no matter how isolated we all may all feel at times, as sad or misrepresented, we are not alone. there's hope for and within each of us.

I've been dealing with the truth that i have at times been a bad example and/or glorified self destructive behavior. this was never intentional, but rather a consequence of leading a public life in plain sight and never expecting any sort of preferential treatment, isolation or protection.

Regardless of varied judgments as to my cultural relevance, i am thankfully alive and exercising my joy in creating. i only hope anyone who hears, reads or sees any of my contributions will permit the work to speak where i cannot.

i've realized and accepted that if people decide to dislike me, they're going to find reasons to justify disliking me. there's nothing i can do about that. that said, it still does pain me to be accused of fictional crimes against innocents or to be implicated in romantic gossip involving the possibly reality-challenged--however unreliable the source or outlandish the accusations. in the end, however, i know that i have never done or even meant anyone any harm.

anyway, the lives of public figures are so much more boring than anyone can imagine. honestly.

and also i like metal. A LOT. (even more than last time).

i think he erased all of that recently.

it doesn't speak directly about it though.

i read one long writing somewhat like that (or was it that same one?) and i think it was just a reaction to another person's blog.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

He's definitely a firecracker, and likes sharing opinions and defending his own. I always found his interactions with pitchforkmedia worth reading:

here are some interviews:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/search/pitchforkmedia/ryan%20adams%20typ e%3Afeature

and then there's the general news blips and ongoing back and for the have with him, down to biting answering machine messages that us all the tape that are chronicled via a general search, with results rivaling a search for "Old Dirty Bastard" on MTV news, where his adventures in his brief lifetime were chronicled, in all their ridiculous glory (pulling up in a limo to collect his foodstamps after the release of his first album...). It must be a NYC thing to live those kind of lives. We just gawk from a safe distance, rubbernecking to no end.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/search/pitchforkmedia/ryan%20adams

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

this time on rollingstone.com this went up today, another odd (profanity riddled) interview, as always, plus one commenter says the box set isn't coming out...

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2008/09/ryan-adams-ta lks-football.php

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Cardinology:

01 Born Into a Light
02 Go Easy
03 Fix It
04 Magick
05 Cobwebs
06 Let Us Down Easy
07 Crossed Out Name
08 Natural Ghost
09 Sink Ships
10 Evergreen
11 Like Yesterday
12 Stop

the home made video/demo he made for Cobwebs may be my favorite Ryan Adams tune of all time. i have no idea how they've translated it live though.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

all the concert reviews are very positive.

they also got some sweet neon roses on stage now:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
all the concert reviews are very positive.

they also got some sweet neon roses on stage now:

I will be seeing him with the gf this weekend in St. Louis, so long as he doesn't do what other wildcard rockers tend to do here (Axl started a Riot, Travis Meeks fired the entire band, Days of the New, thus canceling their show here.) He seems a little more stable these days, so it should bode well.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/sep/29/ryan.adams.blogg ing.cardinals

Ryan Adams: my blog is like a spider plant

I pretend my blog is a houseplant. It's like a spider plant - when I go in to do stuff, it's like watering it. Sometimes, vines go brown and I don't want them to mess up the rest of it, so I have to weed it a little. You know how spider plants get where the ends dry up so you have to snap them off?

So Foggy is like a houseplant that can think. And sometimes, if it's really wound up, it has something to say. One of the things I like to do is to write responses to people that blog about me. But to make it more like a conversation, I'll only put it up for a short period. Sometimes I'll time it, like "I'm going to say something and I'm going to let it live there for thirty minutes and then it's going to be gone forever", so people will see it and then maybe they'll choose to think about it later.

The blog also serves a more practical purpose. Unless you go on the road to party and make out with a bunch of girls that you don't know - which is not me, it's not who I am - then it's good to have something to do, it's good to have someone, it's good to have a friend. Not like an imaginary friend, but someone there - that's kind of what the blog is.

I started it just as an outlet, to have a connection, because I don't keep that many friends - at times I'm a little bit of a loner. It's not that I'm anti-social, it's just hard to explain my life, even to myself, sometimes. I've lived an interesting, strange little life already, so I guess the blog kind-of levels it out. Also, I like the idea that people can maybe see some of the process, or they can check in and see really stupid things I've come up with that day.

I stopped the blog for a while earlier this year because I entertained doubt and doubt is the enemy of art. But once I got my $#@! together I went back to it and I thought "No, I will keep sharing, this is ridiculous, why should I stop?"

It isn't because it's addictive or I feel like being an exhibitionist, that's not really the point. There's two ways to approach being a musician - either make yourself tiny and say "look, I'm knucklehead and if I can do this anyone can" or say "look at me I am making this stuff and I am $#@! better than you".

I think most artists aren't really artists, because they feel like they're better than someone who works in an office and has a life that maybe seems dull. Because to an artist, these people have the most fantastic life in the whole world. If you become someone who travels the entire world as a storyteller or musician, it's probably because you are so excited by the world but, at the same time, feel disconnected with it, and need to express that.

I think most artists feel like they're less than a regular person. That's probably the case with me, and explains tons of my behaviour. So, sure, if more people are drawn to the blog because I play guitar in a band and write some songs and stuff, then that's fine. But I think that elementally, what you find there is that I'm just as bored and confused as everyone else, and sometimes just as wound up about something

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

wilsmith wrote:
Honestly, using that word, instead say, Black People, African Americans, Brothers, anything else you could have chosen says something about your character and intent. I'm black, even though my pigment is brown (the closest you get to a black person is hair color if people are being honest with one another) and I've watched Seinfeld, and know a lot who do. People who think Black people are just the stereotypes of some they've come across or what's represented in the media, which is designed to sell to kids and people who are afraid to grow up gracefully, dig a little deeper. An Eisley bulletin board hardly seems the place for this conversation, but at the same time, I didn't expect to have someone use that epithet here either. The fact no one else noticed or took issue in the thread confounds me. Says something about the demo in here I guess?

I actually should have handled this way back, but things have been crazy with relocating and all. But I added it to the word censors, especially since it is such a loaded word, even if used in jest. But now we can return to conversation about jerkface, I mean Ryan Adams.

Twisted Evil

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
jerkface, I mean Ryan Adams.

Twisted Evil

he gushed about Metallica's new album,
talks about comic books,
loves to blog
and take pictures...

YOU ARE RYAN ADAMS!

Laughing

<< prev | goto page