what's the hats ep?
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

head against the sky. EP.
mermaidentwined
Sea Post King

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
...since when was it available in the UK?! Shocked

I've never seen the actual tangible cd available- I just downloaded it from the iTunes UK site...the HMV where I live in Surrey usually only have 1 copy of the Eisley cds if they have any at all...we gotta get Eisley more well known over here- saying that, I'm an American living in the UK so I was lucky to hear of Eisley before I moved over here- but I seriously think they could have a bigger following here Smile

norad
Vintage Newbie

mermaidentwined wrote:

I've never seen the actual tangible cd available

Yea, it's an online only release. I think Ewan means it wasn't available to purchase on the iTunes UK store for a while.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
mermaidentwined wrote:

I've never seen the actual tangible cd available

Yea, it's an online only release. I think Ewan means it wasn't available to purchase on the iTunes UK store for a while.

I remember being sourly dissappointed that it was a US only release. Thanks for making that clear, Nora!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
ks1990
Lost at Forum

what so it's on the UK iTunes now? I had no idea. I might have to buy it then!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Can you UK folk dl the iTunes thing from Amazon there? The Amazon store should have all the iTunes stuff, but it's better quality and has no DRM mess. I fully endorse getting it all from there. I might even repurchase it myself ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

i don't have anything of substance to post

i just think it's really funny that the acronym for head against the sky is hats

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

That's substantial! Ha ha! Smile
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Yeah, its a great EP. Its too bad it was digital only; I bought it, but would love to have had the CD. I personally think its their best release yet, except maybe the audio rip of the Combinations bonus DVD, which, had it been released as such, would have been the best album released by anyone for years if not decades! I liked it much better than the actual Combinations album.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Can you UK folk dl the iTunes thing from Amazon there? The Amazon store should have all the iTunes stuff, but it's better quality and has no DRM mess. I fully endorse getting it all from there. I might even repurchase it myself ...

What do you mean by "iTunes thing"? I don't think Amazon is affiliated with iTunes. Amazon has MP3's, like you said they are better quality 256kbs with no DRMess. I re-purchased most of the Eisley songs I originally got from iTunes a while back: HATS, Escaping Song, They All Surrounded Me, Like The Actors, Sun Feet, Marsh King's Daughter, Vintage People and Tree Tops. Smile . I'm not in the UK though.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
norad
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

What do you mean by "iTunes thing"? I don't think Amazon is affiliated with iTunes. Amazon has MP3's...

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Jamie meant. Amazon has an MP3 store.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

What do you mean by "iTunes thing"? I don't think Amazon is affiliated with iTunes. Amazon has MP3's...

Oh, iTunes sells mp4's or m4p's or some weird thing like that though. I just never thought of downloadable music in terms of an exlusive "iTune's thing." But I see it's sort of like using the word "Coke" for all soft drinks?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
sully_51
Golly, Poster

Nowhere Man wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Oh, iTunes sells mp4's or m4p's or some weird thing like that though. I just never thought of downloadable music in terms of an exlusive "iTune's thing." But I see it's sort of like using the word "Coke" for all soft drinks?

It's more like a contractual thing that WB has with amazon. Even if they advertise a release as "iTunes only" they're still contractually obligated to also release on amazon. Eisley does "iTunes only" releases, but it's on amazon as well for this reason.

At least, that's how I understand it.

goto page
 | next >>