52%
 52%  [ 37 ]
nay alcohol passes these lips of mine
43%
 43%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 71

The boney king of nowhere
Sea Post King

I drink occasionally when the im in the mood. Theres is nothing wrong with a good buzz.(drunk karaoke is the best) I dont see the point when people try to get $#@! faced on purpose. Whats the point of drinking to the point where you wont remember anything. Even though, I can see it maybe happening sometimes after having a couple of drinks and just not really caring to stop.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i didn't start drinking until spring semester freshman year. i try to only drink good stuff. if all a party has is kerystone then i'll stay sober.

i have an older sister and she's spent the last year or so teaching me all about nice alcohols and mixed drinks. i guess i've learned to enjoy the drink, rather than chug to get drunk. alcohol is definately an aquired taste, but it is quite a lovely taste.

last night, my roomies and i had a few people over for a little party. it was fun because we got good booze and made nice mixes. i like that best, no drunken brawls, just giggling and a few stumbles.

oh, and shots are bad. very, very bad. i have definately had nights of being sick and i don't plan on trying again anytime soon.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
To those of you who don't think you like the flavor of beer, keep in mind it is typically an acquired taste. But it is so very worth acquiring. I now drink soda very rarely because beer has awakened me to how shallow the taste of soda is. If I want a cheap drink with nothing to offer in the way of flavor, I'll drink water. It's cheaper, healthier and more refreshing.

Most people when they were 5 probably preferred a happy meal to a delicious steak, but when they've grow up, know how to get much more enjoyment out of a good steak. It's the same with beer and soda. Or, for that matter, with good beer and Bud Light. (aka flavorless alcoholic water)

I have a history of alcoholism in my family, but I don't have any problem with it. If you treat the drink with respect from the start, there isn't much danger, but there is a lot of benefit. On the other hand, if you start drinking because your friends convince you that it's the cool thing to do....there are probably problems in your future, alcoholic genes or no.

I think you should treat alcohol the same way you treat marriage/relationships. Marrying the wrong person has ruined a lot of lives, but I think it's unreasonable to say that most people should consider celibacy for that reason. The same with alcohol. Treat it with loads of respect, but it's silly to avoid entirely unless there are serious extenuating circumstances.

Yes, you can have an ok life never drinking anything better than soda and never eating anything better than a happy meal. But why would you want to live that life when there are much better options available?

(Just so you all know where I'm coming from, I didn't drink a drop of alcohol when I was in high school/college for the same reasons that most of you have giving for not drinking. Now I look back on that and really regret not drinking with my friends once I reached the legal age.)

I agree with you 100 percent. When people think beer, they probably think Budweiser. But there are soooooooo many different kinds of beers out there it's unbelievable. I just turned 21 in April and since then I've been trying so many different kinds, and I've found that I love ales. So far every pale ale or amber ale I've had were amazingly delicious. I think my favorite beer I've had so far is a Widmer Hefewizen on tap with a lemon wedge. Smooth as hell and very very tasty.
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

from the posts in here so far i'd look like an alcoholic, this past summer friends would have a party atleast once a week, and we al just stayed over so no d.d., and now that everyone is back at school I go to NYC on weekends and it's getting drunk about twice a week. But it's not always cheap stuff it depends on my funds. I love whiskey though, its delicious, can't wait till I turn 21 in 2 months so I don't have the risk of not getting into bars with a fake id anymore. But no i'm not an alcoholic, I'm just a kid that has fun with friends.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
kiko
Golly, Poster

i drink very randomly, i've probably drank about 4 liters of beer in the last two days, and now may not have another for about a month. weird

smile Very Happy
norad
Vintage Newbie

singsoftly wrote:
from the posts in here so far i'd look like an alcoholic...

Can you out drink Mike??

Quote:
N(1:59:11 AM): what did you drink?
G(1:59:12 AM): hahahahaha
M(1:59:35 AM): okay yall want a tally of what i had tonite?
N(1:59:41 AM): yeah
G(1:59:47 AM): yea
M(2:00:01 AM): i started out with three tecate 24 oz beers
M(2:00:24 AM): i drank three shots of captain morgan spiced rum after that
M(2:00:41 AM): and two shots of smirnoff vodka
N(2:00:57 AM): that's all?
M(2:01:14 AM): and then two 40 oz of bud
N(2:01:25 AM): that's all?
M(2:01:30 AM): and now i have one more in front of me
M(2:01:34 AM): and yes thats all
J(2:01:38 AM): wow
N(2:01:43 AM): jeez
M(2:01:58 AM): lol
M(2:02:24 AM): i had two cups of wine at some point two
M(2:02:29 AM): merlot
M(2:02:34 AM): yes!
M(2:02:58 AM): i forgot about them
N(2:03:20 AM): this is what we call someone with a problem
G(2:03:24 AM): hahaha
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

5 years 1 month sober. As of 5 years and 1 month ago, I was a lush.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

My mom lets me drink sometimes...margaritas are pretty good. I tried her beer once and it tasted like crap...C R A P.. Razz I really don't particularly like drinking that much, only sometimes. I would never go out and party or anything or get drunk...once I did get dizzy though. And one time my mom let me have a sip of wine in a restaurant and a lady gave me a really weird look which reminds me of another time that my family and I went to the store and my mom had me get er two big bottles of wine. As I walked to where she was there were so many people giving me bad looks...it was funny lol Smile

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Rb
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
Kappa962 wrote:
To those of you who don't think you like the flavor of beer, keep in mind it is typically an acquired taste. But it is so very worth acquiring. I now drink soda very rarely because beer has awakened me to how shallow the taste of soda is. If I want a cheap drink with nothing to offer in the way of flavor, I'll drink water. It's cheaper, healthier and more refreshing.

Most people when they were 5 probably preferred a happy meal to a delicious steak, but when they've grow up, know how to get much more enjoyment out of a good steak. It's the same with beer and soda. Or, for that matter, with good beer and Bud Light. (aka flavorless alcoholic water)

I have a history of alcoholism in my family, but I don't have any problem with it. If you treat the drink with respect from the start, there isn't much danger, but there is a lot of benefit. On the other hand, if you start drinking because your friends convince you that it's the cool thing to do....there are probably problems in your future, alcoholic genes or no.

I think you should treat alcohol the same way you treat marriage/relationships. Marrying the wrong person has ruined a lot of lives, but I think it's unreasonable to say that most people should consider celibacy for that reason. The same with alcohol. Treat it with loads of respect, but it's silly to avoid entirely unless there are serious extenuating circumstances.

Yes, you can have an ok life never drinking anything better than soda and never eating anything better than a happy meal. But why would you want to live that life when there are much better options available?

(Just so you all know where I'm coming from, I didn't drink a drop of alcohol when I was in high school/college for the same reasons that most of you have giving for not drinking. Now I look back on that and really regret not drinking with my friends once I reached the legal age.)

I agree with you 100 percent. When people think beer, they probably think Budweiser. But there are soooooooo many different kinds of beers out there it's unbelievable. I just turned 21 in April and since then I've been trying so many different kinds, and I've found that I love ales. So far every pale ale or amber ale I've had were amazingly delicious. I think my favorite beer I've had so far is a Widmer Hefewizen on tap with a lemon wedge. Smooth as hell and very very tasty.

Widmer Hefe is just too good. I had the same thing the other day at this little coffee shop type place over near me. Ales are wonderful, if I may make a suggestion, get a 6 pack of Blue Moon, and an orange, throw those two together, it's amazing. It's either that or Harvest Moon, which is Blue Moon but pumpkin flavored for the fall.
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I would've never thought that the dipsomaniacs would outnumber the teetotalers for any length of time on this forum. Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

congrates! On the 20th of this month I will be five years sober.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
leighish
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

congrates! On the 20th of this month I will be five years sober.

sincere congratulations to both of you!

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
singsoftly wrote:
from the posts in here so far i'd look like an alcoholic...

Can you out drink Mike??

Quote:
N(1:59:11 AM): what did you drink?
G(1:59:12 AM): hahahahaha
M(1:59:35 AM): okay yall want a tally of what i had tonite?
N(1:59:41 AM): yeah
G(1:59:47 AM): yea
M(2:00:01 AM): i started out with three tecate 24 oz beers
M(2:00:24 AM): i drank three shots of captain morgan spiced rum after that
M(2:00:41 AM): and two shots of smirnoff vodka
N(2:00:57 AM): that's all?
M(2:01:14 AM): and then two 40 oz of bud
N(2:01:25 AM): that's all?
M(2:01:30 AM): and now i have one more in front of me
M(2:01:34 AM): and yes thats all
J(2:01:38 AM): wow
N(2:01:43 AM): jeez
M(2:01:58 AM): lol
M(2:02:24 AM): i had two cups of wine at some point two
M(2:02:29 AM): merlot
M(2:02:34 AM): yes!
M(2:02:58 AM): i forgot about them
N(2:03:20 AM): this is what we call someone with a problem
G(2:03:24 AM): hahaha

oh no I'm a light weight and I know my limit, Being a small guy helps with that. I don't want high tolerance either cause that means more money spent at bars.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I'm underage and neither of my parents drink, it doesn't really have any appeal to me. Amaretto and stuff is good for like, baking though, haha.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Rb wrote:
uncreative wrote:
Kappa962 wrote:

Widmer Hefe is just too good. I had the same thing the other day at this little coffee shop type place over near me. Ales are wonderful, if I may make a suggestion, get a 6 pack of Blue Moon, and an orange, throw those two together, it's amazing. It's either that or Harvest Moon, which is Blue Moon but pumpkin flavored for the fall.

I'll try that for sure. I just got a 6 pack of Deschutes Twilight Ale which is incredible. It's a seasonal ale and they stop brewing it this month, so if you haven't had it I recommend you try it while you still can this year.

I'm lucky enough to live in a major micro-brew area. There are 3 big micro-brews within 100 miles of me. The Widmer Bros. right here in Portland (well I guess they aren't a micro-brewery considering they are the 11th largest brewery in the nation), Full Sail Brewing in Hood River, Oregon which is where I grew up, and Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon. All 3 make some mighty fine beers and I can get them on tap just about anywhere in my city.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>