Laughing City

What's your favorite animated Disney movie?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Cinderella
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Aladdin
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
The Lion King
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Sleeping Beauty
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
The Little Mermaid
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Tarzan
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
101 Dalmations
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Mulan
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Other: _________
30%
 30%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 52

Author Message
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie


patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
Jared x wrote:
anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
Emperor's New Groove

Seriously? That movie was awful.

I agree. That was terrible. I know lots of people who absolutely love it though. I don't get it.

I have never heard of anyone liking it at all until this thread.

Says a lot about people in this thread... just sayin'.

What? That 11-year-olds like stupid movies?

11-year-olds do like stupid movies; however, that movie wasn't just stupid, it was flat out awful.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
norad
Vintage Newbie


anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
Jared x wrote:
anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
Emperor's New Groove

Seriously? That movie was awful.

I agree. That was terrible. I know lots of people who absolutely love it though. I don't get it.

I have never heard of anyone liking it at all until this thread.

Says a lot about people in this thread... just sayin'.

What? That 11-year-olds like stupid movies?

11-year-olds do like stupid movies; however, that movie wasn't just stupid, it was flat out awful.

Possibly. I haven't seen it since it came out, though. It was good when I was 11. Rolling Eyes
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 20735 | 
View user's profile Send private message
singsoftly
Golly, Poster


ladiosadice wrote:
Alice in Wonderland, 101 Dalamatians, Jungle Book, and Robin Hood.

You rule for having the exact same answer as me, just reverse the order of those 4. and I can't remember dumbo, its just been so long.

_________________
I've gotten so good at lying to myself.


When I fly solo, I fly so high.
Joined: 05 Dec 2007 | Posts: 554 | 
View user's profile Send private message
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie


Gimme the old pen & ink creations any day, back when Walt had no compunction about scaring the bejeezus out of little kids (and even a few adults) - Pinocchio
_________________
http://www.twitter.com/drstrangeblog
http://www.last.fm/user/getinline
I can't find the time to write my mind the way I want it to read.
Joined: 05 Mar 2008 | Posts: 2003 | Location: Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
seansy
Sea Post King


No Alice Crying or Very sad . I had a toughie between the Lion King, and Aladdin, two great movies. I had to pick the Lion King though. Such amazing characters. Mufasa nooo whyyy Scar you bastard. Mufasa is like the Atticus Finch of disney movies he was amazing.
I also like the whole Timmon, Rafiki, and Pomba.

_________________
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun,
but it's sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Joined: 29 May 2008 | Posts: 270 | Location: Levittown, NY
View user's profile Send private message
haystar
Sea Post King


Peter Pan
Joined: 01 Aug 2006 | Posts: 69 | 
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
leighish
Vintage Newbie


BNROCKS wrote:
I can see what's happening.

WHAT?

And they don't have a clue!

WHO?

They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line - our trio's down to two..

Oh..

Guess what I voted for.


the sweet caress of twilight..
There's magic everywhere
And with all this romantic atmosphere
Disaster's in the air!!!

_________________
guitarfreak217 wrote:
Everyone, listen to Leigh. She knows what's up.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster


Jared x wrote:
That and Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland.


I love that movie!

Also, I can't believe no one's brought up The Nightmare Before Christmas. That's my alltime favorite Disney animated movie, but The Little Mermaid is second.
Joined: 27 Jul 2004 | Posts: 657 | Location: jersey
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie


ghost in the snow wrote:
Jared x wrote:
That and Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland.


I love that movie!

Also, I can't believe no one's brought up The Nightmare Before Christmas. That's my alltime favorite Disney animated movie, but The Little Mermaid is second.


TNBC is kinda not really a Disney animated movie. Same thing with Pixar movies.

It's funny because I've never stayed awake all the way through The Little Mermaid. I'm pretty sure that I've seen the whole thing in pieces.

_________________
Power is only pain

Itís probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10564 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie


leighish wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
I can see what's happening.

WHAT?

And they don't have a clue!

WHO?

They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line - our trio's down to two..

Oh..

Guess what I voted for.


the sweet caress of twilight..
There's magic everywhere
And with all this romantic atmosphere
Disaster's in the air!!!


A friend of mine and I have this act down cold that makes appearances every time we drink (along with a lovely bunch of coconuts.)
Joined: 20 Jan 2004 | Posts: 9108 | Location: boston, ma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie


the sword and the stone! classic!

also, emperor's new groove was hilarious. it's in the top ten for me. of course, I don't count miyazaki or pixar in that. just straight up disney animated. I like mainly the older ones. everything after mulan was pretty much awful (ie Hercules, Atlantis)

_________________
http://thegirlinthebearhat.tumblr.com/
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 | Posts: 2702 | Location: central new york, massachusetts, london (soon)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Jared x
Lost at Forum


dont_panic wrote:
the sword and the stone! classic!

also, emperor's new groove was hilarious. it's in the top ten for me. of course, I don't count miyazaki or pixar in that. just straight up disney animated. I like mainly the older ones. everything after mulan was pretty much awful (ie Hercules, Atlantis)

1. Hercules was pre-Mulan. ( '97 vs '98 )
2. It was good. Wink

I almost bought The Sword and the Stone the other day. Or ordered it online, rather. I got 101 Dalmations and The Jungle Book instead. They should hopefully be here this week. Smile

_________________
"I shall take the heart," returned the Tin Woodsman; "for brains do not make one happy, and happiness is the best thing in the world."
Joined: 13 Apr 2007 | Posts: 1374 | 
View user's profile Send private message
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum


The Little Mermaid is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I also really disliked The Emperor's New Groove. In fact, I haven't enjoyed a single Disney movie since The Hunchback of Notre Dame. As far as favorites go, I'm going to have to say Winnie the Pooh.
_________________
Joined: 30 Sep 2006 | Posts: 1419 | Location: Maine
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie


dont_panic wrote:
the sword and the stone! classic!

also, emperor's new groove was hilarious. it's in the top ten for me. of course, I don't count miyazaki or pixar in that. just straight up disney animated. I like mainly the older ones. everything after mulan was pretty much awful (ie Hercules, Atlantis)


Really? You need to stop huffing so much gas. The Emperor's New Groove SUCKED! Mulan was the last good Disney Animated feature. Hercules and Atlantis both did suck though. But I'd like to add Treasure Planet to the suck list too.

Top 5 of the 90s:
1.)Beauty and the Beast
2.)The Lion King
3.)Aladdin
4.)The Hunchback of Notre Dame

_________________
Power is only pain

Itís probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10564 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
singsoftly
Golly, Poster


Pantheon4 wrote:

Top 5 of the 90s:
1.)Beauty and the Beast
2.)The Lion King
3.)Aladdin
4.)The Hunchback of Notre Dame

so whats number 5

_________________
I've gotten so good at lying to myself.


When I fly solo, I fly so high.
Joined: 05 Dec 2007 | Posts: 554 | 
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Display posts from previous:   

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB, coffee, and Eisley fans worldwide.
phpBB is © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group