Laughing City

What's your favorite animated Disney movie?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Cinderella
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Aladdin
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
The Lion King
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Sleeping Beauty
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
The Little Mermaid
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Tarzan
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
101 Dalmations
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Mulan
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Other: _________
30%
 30%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 52

Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

singsoftly wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Top 5 of the 90s:
1.)Beauty and the Beast
2.)The Lion King
3.)Aladdin
4.)The Hunchback of Notre Dame

so whats number 5

Pocahontas

Lost at Forum

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
singsoftly wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Top 5 of the 90s:
1.)Beauty and the Beast
2.)The Lion King
3.)Aladdin
4.)The Hunchback of Notre Dame

so whats number 5

Pocahontas

I was thinking long and hard about that one but I couldn't get an answer until this morning--Mulan. I was going to say Pocahontas, but there was too much extra crap thrown in that movie.

For one thing they turned the Hippie-Indian crap up to 11. Yeah! All Indians have raccoons as pets.Rolling Eyes They made Pocahontas about ten years (give or take a few years) older than she really was. She was about freakin' 10! I heard that the reason why the made her older was so that she'd be more sexually appealing to older men. And then they made up this gay love story between she and John Smith. The whole thing about her saving his life was actually a ceremony that the tribe did, where a girl decides if a prisoner lives or dies-- it had nothing to do with a kind of undying love. Mad And in reality she married the tobacco farmer John Rolfe. I was so pissed when I first saw the movie, because I had to clean the garage in order to go. Mad
I usually don't mind it when Disney injects a bunch of new age hippie crap to their movies. I love Beauty and the Beast, and they turned the whole thing from a basically misogynistic story to a feminist tale about a woman who can see through ugliness. And the monster who can love her for who she is. Love

Mulan was better, but I could've done without Mushu. Oh how Eddie Murphy went down. Crying or Very sad

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
And then they made up this gay love story between she and John Smith.

Seems pretty heterosexual to me.

Pantheon4 wrote:
Mulan was better, but I could've done without Mushu. Oh how Eddie Murphy went down. Crying or Very sad

I still have never seen Mulan. Confused I really need to.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
And then they made up this gay love story between she and John Smith.

Seems pretty heterosexual to me.

Nope. They turned John Smith into a girl. GAY!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
gilbert
Sea Post King

[quote="Pantheon4"][quote="Mooncutter"][quote="singsoftly"]
Pantheon4 wrote:

And in reality she married the tobacco farmer John Rolfe.

yeah she married him in the second movie
i think. it's been a while but i know he's in there
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

[quote="gilbert"][quote="Pantheon4"][quote="Mooncutter"]
singsoftly wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I've seen pieces of that. I love how Disney tries to correct all their problems in their Direct-To-Video movies. They did the same thing with he Lion King. I posted this article by Margaret Lazarus criticizing the Lion King for being misogynistic, homophobic, and classist/racist. They basically corrected all the problems in the D.T.V.M.

redboots
Sea Post King

MULAN!!!! SHE IS MY DISNEY PRINCESS!!

well, she isnt an official disney princess, but if I had to be one I would choose to be her over all the other ones.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
The boney king of nowhere
Sea Post King

Its sad that the first thing to come to mind when i read the topic was the magical world of warcraft. But anyway the lion king wins hands down. I think that was the only movie that made me cry when i was small. But a movie that isn't on the list that's pretty good is the Goofy Movie
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

lessthaninfinite wrote:
alice in wonderland

before anyone asks, no, i am not a stoner
Alice in Wonderland, hands down! Smile
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I wish Disney would release a CD with a bunch of deleted songs. The one in particular I want is "Proud of Your Boy" from Aladdin, but I'm sure there are tons of other great ones.
gilbert
Sea Post King

[quote="Pantheon4"][quote="gilbert"][quote="Pantheon4"]
Mooncutter wrote:
singsoftly wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I've seen pieces of that. I love how Disney tries to correct all their problems in their Direct-To-Video movies. They did the same thing with he Lion King. I posted this article by Margaret Lazarus criticizing the Lion King for being misogynistic, homophobic, and classist/racist. They basically corrected all the problems in the D.T.V.M.

sounds like disney nowadays
i liked the lack of P.C. in the older disney movies
it made it more personal i guess
and it gave me something to laugh about.
plus now the kids these days are all pretty sheltered.
any shake in their boots and parents run to the fcc.
eh
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Sword in the Stone.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

My favs are: Alice in Wonderland and Mulan. But i still love them all, i have a stash of disney VHS's hidden away somewhere, I might decide to watch them all again, it's been a while!

But some i didn't really like at all: The Black Cauldron, and Tarzan immediately spring to mind.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Tarzan was what the nobel Patricians of the Old Republic called "STUPID AS $#@!!"

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>